- 1 Cozy Sweater: & Other Stories Relaxed Sweater
- 2 Printed Dress: Anthropologie Mackenzie Tunic Dress
- 3 Black Booties: Mansur Gavriel Ankle Boots
- 4 Light Layer: Everlane ReNew Channeled Liner
- 5 Hoop Earrings: Gorjana Jax Hoops
- 6 White Tee: Everlane Cotton Crew
- 7 Ballet Flats: Frye Sienna Ballet Flats
- 8 Straight Jeans: Citizens of Humanity Charlotte High Rise Straight Jeans
- 9 Knit Cardigan: Velvet Brandy Cardigan
- 10 Black Bodysuit: Leith Deep V-Neck Long Sleeve Bodysuit
- 11 Gold Necklace: Fallon Gold-Tone Brass Collar Necklace
- 12 Denim Overalls: Levi's Skinny Overalls
- 13 Wool Coat: COS Wool Coat
- 14 Shoulder Bag: Gucci GG Marmont Camera Bag
- 15 White Blouse: Joie Tariana Blouse
- 16 Crewneck Sweatshirt: H&M Melange Sweatshirt
- 17 Leather Loafers: Sam Edelman Laurna Mule
- 18 Black Trousers: Everlane Put-Together Pleat Pant
- 19 Striped Shirt: J.Crew Boatneck T-shirt
- 20 Trench Coat: & Other Stories Belted A-Line Trench Coat
- 21 Printed Blouse: DÔEN Jane Blouse
- 22 Denim Jacket: Free People Rumors Denim Jacket
- 23 Stitch Jumpsuit: Farrow Naomi Contrast Stitch Jumpsuit
- 24 Neutral Sneaker: Nike Air Tailwind Sneaker
- 25 Classic Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses
- 26 Plaid Blazer: Madewell Caldwell Double-Breasted Blazer
26 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Needs in 2020
Tired of fleeting trends and one-season wonders? Fill up your closet with the below pieces—they're classic, transitional, and special enough to hold onto all year long.
Cozy Sweater: & Other Stories Relaxed Sweater
Every woman needs at least one perfect sweater in her wardrobe. This one is lightweight enough to work in fall, winter, and spring, and the color looks great with pretty much everything.
Printed Dress: Anthropologie Mackenzie Tunic Dress
A bold floral frock may not scream "versatile" at first, but we believe a printed dress is crucial to a complete closet. This one isn't too trendy, and it's just the right silhouette to work for dozens of occasions throughout the year. You'll wear it more than you think.
Light Layer: Everlane ReNew Channeled Liner
This mid-length, comfy, and good-looking puffer from Everlane’s ReNew collection is made from 100% recycled polyester. What's not to love?
Hoop Earrings: Gorjana Jax Hoops
If you're looking for one accessory to wear all year, make it these gold earrings. The simple shape and elegant design add style to any look.
Ballet Flats: Frye Sienna Ballet Flats
It can be tough to find the perfect work shoe, but we would definitely nominate these flats. The half-inch heel adds a bit of height without compromising walkability.
Straight Jeans: Citizens of Humanity Charlotte High Rise Straight Jeans
Citizens of Humanity makes a great foundation jean, and this pair looks as good as it fits.
Black Bodysuit: Leith Deep V-Neck Long Sleeve Bodysuit
If you haven't hopped on the bodysuit bandwagon, your time is now. Pick up a few in 2020, and you'll soon realize what you've been missing out on (namely, the freedom of never having to worry about whether your tucked-in shirt is staying put where it belongs).
Gold Necklace: Fallon Gold-Tone Brass Collar Necklace
This gold necklace is perfect for dressing up any ensemble. We love its flattering length (not too long, not choker, emphasizing the collarbones) and classic design.
Denim Overalls: Levi's Skinny Overalls
Wool Coat: COS Wool Coat
This unstructured wool coat drapes beautifully and complements any cool-weather getup.
Shoulder Bag: Gucci GG Marmont Camera Bag
Need a wear-everywhere bag? Go for a sleek leather crossbody—like this one from Gucci—for no-hands convenience and serious style.
White Blouse: Joie Tariana Blouse
The right white button-down can pair well with anything, be it a pencil skirt, distressed black skinny jeans, or an office-appropriate blazer. This one from Joie works in flared cuffs and lightweight chiffon for a more elegant look than your average boy-fit shirt.
Crewneck Sweatshirt: H&M Melange Sweatshirt
For days when you just can't be bothered to spend more than 10 minutes getting ready, throw on a classic crewneck. We like the subtle color of this one from H&M.
Leather Loafers: Sam Edelman Laurna Mule
No laces, no socks, no problems. Slip-on loafers are the best of both worlds: ultra-comfortable and perfectly polished.
Black Trousers: Everlane Put-Together Pleat Pant
Attention ladies: every one of you should have at least a single pair of polished black pants in your closet. This fail-safe pair from Everlane gets our vote as it updates a classic silhouette with an on-trend oversize cut.
Striped Shirt: J.Crew Boatneck T-shirt
When it comes to basics, a boatneck striped tee is essential. The loose fit is great for everyday wear and pairs well with denim for an ultra low-effort yet stylish look.
Trench Coat: & Other Stories Belted A-Line Trench Coat
One key to successfully using everything in your closet is learning to layer. This slouchy double-breasted trench is an effortless outerwear option. Pop it on over light-wash jeans, a tee, and some sleek white sneaks and you're good to go.
Printed Blouse: DÔEN Jane Blouse
This blouse from DÔEN was inspired by Jane Birkin, one of the world's most notable style icons, so you know it'll be just as timeless as she is. The billowy silhouette instantly adds a dose of whimsy to any 'fit.
Denim Jacket: Free People Rumors Denim Jacket
Whether you're layering it over a spring dress or crafting your own Canadian tuxedo, it's hard to go wrong with a denim jacket. Right now we're loving this denim jacket from Free People thanks to its relaxed silhouette and perfectly lived-in look.
Stitch Jumpsuit: Farrow Naomi Contrast Stitch Jumpsuit
When it comes to spring and summer style, no piece comes in handy as often as an easy, flowy jumpsuit. We think this one will stay stylish for years to come.
Classic Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses
Sunglasses trends seem to come and go with every season—we've all purchased those mega-oversized ones or those teeny-tiny cat-eye pairs only to find them passé by the next summer. One style that's actually withstood the test of time? Classic Ray-Ban Wayfarers.
Plaid Blazer: Madewell Caldwell Double-Breasted Blazer
Sure, we love our dainty-floral printed blouses and dresses, but we also believe in balancing them out with cool menswear-inspired styles, like this plaid double-breasted blazer from Madewell.
- 21 Cozy Cashmere Products We’re Coveting This Winter
- 10 Things JS Editors Are Splurging on This December
- The Best Winter Coats for Women to Shop Now
Here at Jetsetter, our editors curate everything you need to travel—and live—smartly, fashionably, and consciously. All of our market picks are independently selected. If you buy something we link to on our site, Jetsetter may earn commission.
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Jetsetter may earn an affiliate commission.