Thank you for using the Jetsetter website or mobile properties, including related applications (collectively, the “Site”), which are provided by Smarter Travel Media LLC (“SmarterTravel”). SmarterTravel is part of the TripAdvisor® Media Group, which is owned and operated by TripAdvisor LLC. The terms “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Jetsetter” refer collectively to Jetsetter Inc., dba Jetsetter and/or our parents and affiliates. The term “you” refers to the customer visiting the Site and/or contributing content on this Site.
What information we collect from you
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including your use of the Site and/or App; your communication with us through phone, email, or social media; your participation in events, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; and your use of Wanderlist or other features on the Site. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies; business partners; and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include, but is not limited to:
- Your contact information (including, but not limited to, first and last name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, and/or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Username and any other information on your Jetsetter profile or any other profile or account you create on the Site
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile application(s)
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our Site
- Photos, text, or any other content you post on the Site
- Information about your travel preferences and/or plans
- Any publicly available information you choose to share on the Site
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit the Site. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience.
If you make travel reservations with third-party suppliers facilitated by Jetsetter, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. We will securely transmit this information to the supplier of the travel reservation to complete the transaction. Please note that, in some cases, the supplier processes your payment, not Jetsetter, unless otherwise specified. You agree to review and be bound by the supplier’s policies and procedures before making a reservation through Jetsetter.
Location Information and Other Information from Devices.
When you use an Application on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the Site. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. For example, we may use your location to show you information about hotels or restaurants near you when you are traveling. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our App. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Cookies and other web technologies.
In addition, when you use the Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Omniture), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications.
The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser, and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- Geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our Site and App and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests. See Display of Advertising/Your Choices for more information about our online advertising practices and your choices.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and/or act upon).
- This Site participates in exchanges of anonymous information about user browsing behavior on the Site. This non-personally identifiable information is collected by cookies and other similar technologies and segmented into different anonymized groups. We may share these types of anonymous information with third parties to facilitate the display of targeted advertisements. Please click here or here to learn more about these types of exchanges, including how to access information about the topics of interest associated with cookies and your options with regard to participation in these programs (including opting-out).
Display of advertising/your choices
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
Jetsetter and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your travel-related searches and other site activities, such as whether you are looking for airline flights or hotels, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a flight to Florida on Jetsetter, you may see an ad for a Florida travel package on Jetsetter or on another website you visit.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
To direct our ad network vendors not to use your data to deliver targeted advertising to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
Response to Do Not Track signals
Your web browser may transmit a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal to Jetsetter and other websites. Because of differences in web browsers’ default settings and the manner in which browsers incorporate DNT signals, it is sometimes unclear to site operators whether site visitors have selected the DNT setting themselves, or whether they are aware that they have a choice in determining the setting. Jetsetter does not currently respond to DNT signals. Once the Internet industry has settled on standards related to this issue and Jetsetter recognizes such standards, we may reevaluate this approach.
How we use your information
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership on our Site, and manage and maintain your account on the sites, including to allow your access to and use of the Site
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver, and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Site
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about Jetsetter, including on our Site and blogs, and on social networks
- Create content for advertisements or marketing campaigns, including emails
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our Site, App, and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Site, App, and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate, or subsidiary companies; business partners; and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us; to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you; for other promotional purposes; and for other purposes described in this section. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we will provide specific notice at the time of collection.
With whom we share your information
Jetsetter may share your information with the following entities:
- ++Third-party vendors++ who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics; payment processing; customer service; marketing; public relations; distribution of surveys, contests, or sweepstakes programs; and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Site or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- ++Business partners++ with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- ++Referring Websites++. If you were referred to Jetsetter from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and travel preferences, with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website(s) that referred you to Jetsetter.
- ++Social Media Services++. You can choose to access certain third-party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third-party social media websites.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary for any of the following reasons:
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create any kind of profile on Jetsetter, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your username. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access and correct your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. Please note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Jetsetter’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Jetsetter offerings or site features.
Here are the choices we offer:
Sharing Information with Business Partners
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our Site.
Jetsetter uses a web analytics company to track and generate reports on visitor use of Jetsetter. We use the web analytics company to analyze visitor activity so that we may better understand how visitors make use of the Site, and so that we may better tailor content to meet our visitors’ needs. This data may include individual visitor click behavior. However, no personally identifiable information is shared with the web analytics company. Although our web analytics company logs the information coming from the Site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used. Visitors who wish to opt out of this website analysis tool may do so by clicking here (This is an external link to our web analytics company and will open in a new window.).
To opt out of receiving marketing communications through the advertising networks of our ad network vendors, please click here, then click “Select all” on the linked site and push the “Submit” button.
When you use a Jetsetter App on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site’s features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
How we protect personal information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Jetsetter account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also log out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Site or App. Please note that we will never ask for your Jetsetter account username or password via email.
For additional details about the security measures we have implemented to safeguard personal information, please see our Information Security Policy.
Jetsetter is a general audience site and does not direct its Site to children under the age of thirteen. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old. Jetsetter does not knowingly solicit data from, or market online to, individuals under eighteen years of age, and we request that such individuals do not provide personal information on the Site.
Our Site may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Jetsetter. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with Jetsetter, any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
Visiting the Site from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that Jetsetter does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Jetsetter has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Jetsetter, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can contact us
Smarter Travel Media LLC Attn: Jetsetter.com 226 Causeway St Boston, MA 02114 617-886-5555 617-886-5501 (fax)
Effective Date: April 25, 2017