- 1 Acne Studios Velocite Shearling-Trimmed Leather Biker Jacket
- 2 & Other Stories Plaid Cacoon Coat
- 3 1901 Stretch Poplin Shirt
- 4 H&M Flare High Jeans
- 5 3.1 Phillip Lim Cable-Knit Wool Cardigan
- 6 Everlane The Modern Oxford
- 7 Toteme Avola Oversized Twill Maxi Dress
- 8 Isabel Marant Filipo Wool & Cashmere Blend Jacket
- 9 Rag & Bone Cigarette Jeans
- 10 & Other Stories Gold Ring Leather Bag
- 11 Sam Edelman Leather Ankle Boots
- 12 C By Bloomingdales Cashmere Grandfather Cardigan
- 13 Topshop Black Leather Biker Jacket
- 14 Madewell Ex-Boyfriend Cotton-Chambray Shirt
- 15 Acne Studios Pansy Wool Beanie
- 16 Urban Outfitters Vintage Levi's 501/505 Jean
- 17 Harris Wharf London Double-Breasted Wool Coat
- 18 Velvet Robyn Fair Isle Sweater
- 19 By Malene Birger Aleya Oversized Wool-Blend Turtleneck Sweater
- 20 Tretorn Women's Nylite Plus Lace Up Sneakers
The JS Guide to Comfy-Cool Scandinavian Style
These days, it can feel impossible to keep up with the latest intricate silhouettes, wacky prints, and bright colors commanding attention everywhere we turn. That's why easygoing Scandinavian style is calling our names. Acne Studios, By Malene Birger, and Toteme are just a few of the contemporary labels personifying the Nordic calm and cool, signified by clean lines, minimalism, and muted or neutral tones. Key pieces in this style, like coats, jeans, and hygge-inducing knitwear, already have us excited about our fall wardrobes. Scroll on for our picks on how to shop the Scandinavian way.
Acne Studios Velocite Shearling-Trimmed Leather Biker Jacket
Could this jacket be the key to why Scandinavians are reportedly the happiest people in the world? It’s on the expensive side, but you can't put a price tag on happiness...
& Other Stories Plaid Cacoon Coat
A well-constructed, tailored coat is timeless and crucial to any Scandinavian fashionista’s (Sca-shionista?) wardrobe. We’re digging the voluminous sleeves on this one.
H&M Flare High Jeans
They gave us Ikea and ABBA, and we also have the Swedes to thank for creating the world's ultimate high street brand, H&M. Their jeans make for fashionable-yet-affordable wardrobe staples.
3.1 Phillip Lim Cable-Knit Wool Cardigan
That Danish style of coziness, comfort, and contentment, all wrapped up in one perfect sweater? Fashion Hygge.
Toteme Avola Oversized Twill Maxi Dress
Wear this versatile silhouette with sandals now, and bring it back out in colder temps with tights this fall and winter.
Isabel Marant Filipo Wool & Cashmere Blend Jacket
Navy, black, and white are no-brainers for outerwear, but we like the more playful air of this muted rosy pink. The oversized fit keeps it clean and elegant.
Rag & Bone Cigarette Jeans
Sure, they’re a summer staple, but Labor Day is no longer the cut-off point for wearing white jeans. We keep 'em going year-round, and you can, too.
& Other Stories Gold Ring Leather Bag
We love the easy vibe and gorgeous color of this bag by & Other Stories, an H&M offshoot with an atelier in Stockholm.
Sam Edelman Leather Ankle Boots
Switch out your black bootie for this sharp, white, kitten-heeled version. It works perfectly with jeans and a long coat.
C By Bloomingdales Cashmere Grandfather Cardigan
The cold Scandinavian climes call for layers, layers, and more layers. We love this V-neck cardigan over a button-down.
Topshop Black Leather Biker Jacket
For a shot of cool, wear a leather jacket as a layering piece under a heavier coat.
Madewell Ex-Boyfriend Cotton-Chambray Shirt
A chambray shirt is the perfect low-key way to channel easygoing Scandinavian style.
Acne Studios Pansy Wool Beanie
Set the parka aside, and try pairing this beanie with a dressier coat for a cool contrast.
Urban Outfitters Vintage Levi's 501/505 Jean
Swedes loves their Levi's. And so do we.
Harris Wharf London Double-Breasted Wool Coat
Wear it during the day, wear it at night, wear it to bed. Wear this coat whenever and wherever.
Velvet Robyn Fair Isle Sweater
How could we not include a classic Nordic snowflake-style sweater?
By Malene Birger Aleya Oversized Wool-Blend Turtleneck Sweater
A wonderful cozy, comfy turtleneck sweater. More hygge.
Tretorn Women's Nylite Plus Lace Up Sneakers
Tretorn was acquired by Puma a few years back, but these simple sneakers have stuck around and still stay close to their Swedish heritage.
- 7 Hotels with Fashion Collabs
- The Best Places to See the Northern Lights
- 13 Tours of Iceland That Will Get You Off the Tourist Trail
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Jetsetter may earn an affiliate commission.