How to Stay Camera-Ready on the Go, According to 8 Travel Influencers
In an age where travelers are posting everything they do everywhere they go, few understand the importance of keeping oneself close-up–ready quite like an Instagram influencer. After all, the majority of their job revolves around looking good—and dressing the part—no matter the weather, the jet-lag, or the circumstances. Here, eight tastemakers weigh in on the travel gear, wardrobe must-haves, and skin-saving remedies they depend on to stay Insta-ready. You might want to take some notes.
Roxanne and Maartje’s Favorite Travel Products:
- Manfrotto Element Large 64.6” – Grey Tripod: Have you ever noticed how weird photos turn out when you ask passersby? Nearly all of our couple photos were shot with our camera on a tripod, which gives us the opportunity to set up the perfect shot! This one is easy to work with, compact when folded, and sturdy enough to support our heavy camera. When shopping for a tripod, always make sure you pick the right one for your camera’s weight.
- Wireless Remote Control for Canon by Pixel: If your camera doesn’t have built-in intervals or the option to connect to your phone over WiFi, a remote control is the best way to get great shots. We always set ours to take a photo every second (1-second intervals). That way, we have the freedom to be spontaneous and end up with candids versus extremely posed shots.
- Abifi Chiffon Maxi Skirt: Flowy clothing can make your photos more dynamic. We love putting on this skirt—just throw it up to create motion, et voila! You got the perfect shot without focusing too much on the details. The truth is, while you won’t always look fabulous when traveling, you can always make it work!
Anoushka’s Favorite Travel Products:
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder: Jumping on and off transportation with heavy bags, especially in hot countries, can make me go from newly made up to a greasy, sweaty mess in minutes. I always make sure I have my MAC powder on hand to touch up my face before shooting.
- OGX Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil: I have long, unruly hair that tends to veer into birds-nest territory if not properly styled. If I’m on the go all day, it can be especially hard to keep it in shape. I use this OGX oil to tame frizziness and flyaways.
Favorite Travel Products:
- Canon Superpower G7 X Mark III: You don’t have to splash out big money on an expensive camera. Our Canon Superpower G7 X Mark III is small yet powerful, just like a DSLR (yes—believe us!), and comes with a full manual setting that you can play around with to create high-resolution photos and video you can use for blogs and Instagram. It’s perfect for travelers who are always on the move and don’t want to have to lug around a huge camera.
- Patchology on the Fly Kit: Traveling is great—except the part where you have to sit in a cold, cramped airplane for hours. We know how skin can suffer from dry air in-flight, so hydrating is key. Along with drinking lots of water, we love using these kits while flying. The masks are refreshing and keep our skin smooth and hydrated, making us feel as good as new!
- The Mini Tog Bag: If you want to travel light but don’t want to carry around anything that looks like a camera bag, the Mini Tog is fashionable, reliable, and water-resistant. Plus, it’s the perfect size—even the 1 DSRL camera will fit—which is a bonus.
Ciara’s Favorite Travel Products:
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Face: I’m constantly traveling and this product helps repair and rehydrate my skin on the go. I can use it as an in-flight mask, a daily moisturizer, or a makeup primer. It definitely helps me feel more comfortable in my skin in front of the lens!
- Ray Ban Round Metal Glasses: Sunglasses can make you look camera-ready on any given day. Not only can they provide amazing eye protection, they also work wonders by hiding tired eyes on those long travel days.
Danya’s Favorite Travel Products:
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil: I always carry this hair oil in my purse—I was first introduced to this product years ago by my hairdresser and it’s become my secret to perfect hair before taking a picture. Whenever my locks start getting frizzy or looking dull, I take a coin-size amount, rub it between my hands, and brush my fingers through. The oil literally disappears, leaving my hair shiny and frizz-free.
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray: I always get questions about how my makeup stays put and lasts so long. This setting spray is the answer. I use it after the first application and throughout the day as needed. I’ve literally woken up the next day and gone to shoot with day-old makeup on!
- Dermalogica Prisma Protect SPF 30 Moisturizer: Having a sunscreen moisturizer is so crucial to apply everyday in order to avoid aging and to protect skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder: This translucent setting powder, which I apply to my face after foundation and concealer, is another product that helps me achieve a long-lasting and flawless matte look. Along with perfectly blending my makeup, it absorbs excess oil and controls shine to create a soft effect with no flashbacks in photos.
Francesca’s Favorite Travel Products:
- Purlisse Watermelon Energizing Sheet Mask: I love popping one of these sheet masks on after a long week of travel. It refreshes and revitalizes my skin and reduces puffiness around my eyes overnight. They’re super easy to travel with, too, and I love the smell.
- Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Wipes: I recently discovered the magic that is micellar water during a trip to Paris this past summer. It’s the perfect makeup remover for sensitive skin because it’s really gentle and doesn’t contain harsh chemicals. Simple’s cleansing wipes allow for quick and easy makeup removal on the go, and I don’t even have to wash my face afterwards, which makes them especially hassle-free.
- Mini Glow Pack + Realignment Night Serum: I haven’t had a single breakout since introducing this skincare line into my travel routine. I especially love applying the night serum after (or just before) a long flight.
- An Instagram Influencer’s Packing List for Southern Italy
- 10 Essential Packing Tips, According to Luggage Experts
- Your Ultimate Guide to Clean Beauty
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Jetsetter may earn an affiliate commission.