Official Rules for the Instagram Destination Photo Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: Eligibility to participate in the Contest or to win prizes is limited to individual persons at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Registrations or submissions generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate in or win the Contest. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of the Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the promotion are also not eligible. The Sponsor’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final. The Contest is void where prohibited and shall be restricted by all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations that may apply. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by SmarterTravel Media LLC, located at 226 Causeway St, Boston, MA 02114 (“Sponsor”).
3. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 10:00am Eastern Time on Monday, April 30, 2018 and ends at 11:59pm Eastern Time on Monday, April 30, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: Be the first user to correctly comment with the name of the city and country of the photo on the Instagram post. Any content that is deemed fraudulent or violates the Official Rules will be removed, and the member will be disqualified. Any entry received outside of the Entry Period will not be counted. By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules.
5. Judging Criteria: Must be the first individual to correctly guess the location of the photo (including city or town)
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within five (5) days of notification. For U.S. residents, a potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and a W-9 form. For foreign individuals, a potential winner will be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and W-8BEN form. If a potential winner fails to complete, sign and return these documents within five (5) business days, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
7. Prize: One (1) winner will receive: $100 Visa Gift Card. The prize has an approximate retail value of $100.00. A Winner will be determined on or about Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Winner is responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period if it does not receive a sufficient number of Entries (as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) by the date set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest (including the voting process); (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Boston, MA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Massachusetts.
12. Contact and Results: To request more information send self-addressed stamped envelope to Destination Photo Contest c/o SmarterTravel Media LLC, located at 226 Causeway St, Boston, MA 02114. Request must be made by May 1, 2018.
All products are independently selected by our writers and editors. If you buy something through our links, Jetsetter may earn an affiliate commission.
Become a Jetsetter.
Use our insider connections to know where to go and what to do.
Thanks for Signing Up!