- 1 Elevated walking shoes: Vince Vero Loafers
- 2 Layering tops: Comme des Garçons Play Striped T-Shirt in Navy
- 3 Weatherproof gear: Levi’s Rain Jacket
- 4 Comfy knits: Ganni Julliard Sweater
- 5 Denim: Nobody Denim Milla Jeans
- 6 A dressier look: Alice + Olivia Katz Pleated Maxi Skirt
- 7 Simple button-down: Free People Talk to Me Top
- 8 Scarf: Anthropologie Ruana Plaid Wrap
- 9 Low heels: Jacquemus Les Mules Sabah
- 10 Swimsuit: La Blanca Petal Pusher One-Piece
- 11 Boots: Steve Madden Boom Hiker Boot with Genuine Calf Hair
- 12 Shades: Illesteva Leonard Round-frame Acetate Sunglasses
- 13 Camera: Canon Rebel SL2
- 14 Umbrella: Blunt Classic
- 15 Roomy bag: Leather Baggu in Black
What to Pack for a New England Fall Getaway
New England comes alive in the fall: there's incredible hiking, cool outdoor festivals, great art galleries with new and exciting exhibits, and cozy restaurants and inns to check out. With so many activities to do, you've got to pack accordingly. We recommend a few staples: solid athletic attire for walks through the woods, transitional pieces for any sudden weather changes, and a few dressy looks for nights on the town or days at museums. Below, our New England packing list to get you ready.
Elevated walking shoes: Vince Vero Loafers
These loafers look elegant and dressy, but are comfortable, too. They're perfect for days spent exploring the city.
Layering tops: Comme des Garçons Play Striped T-Shirt in Navy
Channel New England’s nautical vibes with this playful striped tee—it’s a great layering piece for underneath a cardigan or jacket.
Comfy knits: Ganni Julliard Sweater
Get cozy in a chunky sweater. Pair this one with jeans and booties for a casual outfit to sport around town.
Denim: Nobody Denim Milla Jeans
It's all about the wide-leg jean this season. This pair can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.
A dressier look: Alice + Olivia Katz Pleated Maxi Skirt
For more formal events on your itinerary, we love Alice + Olivia's pleated maxi skirt. Its geometric pattern and jacquard weave works perfectly with a solid black top.
Simple button-down: Free People Talk to Me Top
When it’s still warm out in early fall, a lightweight button-down like Free People's Talk to Me Top is a must-have.
Scarf: Anthropologie Ruana Plaid Wrap
This scarf-meets-shawl practically screams fall. You can wear as a scarf for strolling around town or use it as a shawl for extra warmth.
Low heels: Jacquemus Les Mules Sabah
We love a little height on a shoe (but not too much!). The oversized chunky wooden heel on these mules means you won’t have to worry about tripping on cobblestones and twisting an ankle.
Swimsuit: La Blanca Petal Pusher One-Piece
Okay, so swimming season on New England beaches might be over by the time you take your fall trip, but who’s to say you won’t want a dip in a hotel pool or hot tub?
Boots: Steve Madden Boom Hiker Boot with Genuine Calf Hair
With all the beautiful trails in New England, nature-lovers should make sure to pack a solid pair of hiking boots.
Shades: Illesteva Leonard Round-frame Acetate Sunglasses
Just because it's fall, doesn't mean the sun don't shine. These tortoiseshell sunnies look good on practically everyone and go with everything.
Camera: Canon Rebel SL2
Yes, we know you've got your phone camera, but we recommend you step up your photo game for New England in the fall. Capture the gorgeous autumn colors and all your vacation memories with this Canon lightweight DSLR. The Canon Rebel delivers super sharp images, and it comes with built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth technology.
Umbrella: Blunt Classic
If the rain pours, brighten up everyone’s mood with this cheery red umbrella.
Roomy bag: Leather Baggu in Black
Keep your essentials—camera, umbrella, sunglasses, scarf—together in this classic slouchy tote.
- 10 Best Fall Leaf Peeping Trips
- The Best Places to Go Apple Picking in the U.S. (And Where to Stay)
- 14 High-End Products You Didn’t Know You Could Get on Amazon