Official Rules and Regulations for the Jetsetter My Dream Destinations 2017 Wanderlist Contest
Read on for the complete set of rules and regulations for Jetsetter's My Dream Destinations 2017 Wanderlist Contest.
Official Rules for the Jetsetter My Dream Destinations 2017 Wanderlist Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. The Jetsetter My Dream Destinations 2017 Wanderlist Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least sixteen (16) years old (“Entrant(s)”). Employees of Smarter Travel Media LLC or other companies associated with the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Smarter Travel Media LLC, dba Jetsetter, a TripAdvisor Company, located at 226 Causeway Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02114 (“Sponsor”).
3. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 9:00am April 17, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm on May 17, 2017 (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: Make sure you have a Jetsetter account. Then create your dream Wanderlist of 30+ photos by the deadline above and label it, "My Dream Destinations 2017" (“Entry”). The Wanderlist must be made public and must exactly match the required label. Any content that is deemed fraudulent or violates the Official Rules will be removed, and the member will be disqualified. Any entry received outside of the Entry Period will not be counted. By entering, you (a) consent to receiving email correspondence from Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents and (b) indicate your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules. Limit one (1) Entry per entrant. Duplicate Entries will not be considered, and creating more than one (1) Entry will not increase your chances of winning.
5. Judging Criteria: Submissions will be judged by Sponsor based on (a) the number of photos added to your Wanderlist (with a minimum of 30) and (b) the beauty and diversity of photos. Preference will be given to Wanderlists with captions.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within five (5) days of notification. For U.S. residents, a potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and a W-9 form. Recipients of prizes valued at more than $600 must provide Sponsor with their social security number or applicable tax identification number in accordance with IRS regulations to enable the Sponsor to issue a Form 1099-Misc. For foreign individuals, a potential winner will be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, liability/publicity release, and W-8BEN form. If a potential winner fails to complete, sign and return these documents within five (5) business days, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
The prize will be a major credit card company gift card in the amount of $1,500 USD (“Prize”). The Prize may take the form of multiple gift cards of smaller amounts that add up to $1,500 USD. A winner (“Winner”) will be determined on or around May 15, 2017. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
The Winner will be notified via the email associated with the Winner’s Wanderlist account.
c) Prize Conditions:
- Prize subject to availability.
- The approximate retail value of the Prize is $1,500.00 USD. The winner is solely responsible for paying any federal, state, local, and income taxes and any other costs and expenses not expressly covered by Sponsor in these rules. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any other incidental expenses on Prize not specified herein are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
- A Prize may not be assigned or transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of the Prize constitute permission to use Winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor or prize providers. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor, prize providers, and all other businesses affiliated with this Contest and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the Prize being offered.
- No payment card company is a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, gift cards cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. Use of the Prize is subject to the terms and conditions the payment card company has applied to its gift cards.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period if it does not receive a sufficient number of Entries (as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion) by the date set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest (including the voting process); (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Privacy: Any personal information you submit as part of the Contest will be treated in accordance with Sponsor’s which can be found here: www.jetsetter.com/privacy.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Boston, MA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Massachusetts.
12. Contact and Results: To be notified of the Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “My Dream Destinations 2017 Wanderlist Contest,” c/o Jetsetter, 226 Causeway Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02114. Requests must be received by May 31, 2017.