Enter to Win $500 for Your Next Getaway
If you fancy yourself a travel photographer, show us your best work on Instagram. Read on for contest rules.
To enter our contest, simply follow us on Instagram @jetsetterdotcom, and tag your best travel photos #jetsettering (so we can find them).
On January 1, we’ll choose our favorite and post it on our site and across our social channels. May the best photo win!
1. Eligibility: Instagram #jetsettering contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least sixteen (16) years old. Employees of Smarter Travel LLC or other companies associated with the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Smarter Travel Media LLC, 226 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114 (“Sponsor”). The Contest is not sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with Instagram. By participating in the Contest, you agree to a complete release of Instagram.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of: (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions and ultimate discretion, which is final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.4.
4. How to Enter: To enter, make sure you’re following @jetsetterdotcom on Instagram (so that we can contact you if you win), then hashtag your best beach photos with #jetsettering on Instagram (via app or at www.instagram.com/jetsetterdotcom). There’s no limit on the number of photos you can hashtag to enter.
6. Entrant’s Warranties and Representations: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
7. Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: By participating, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid-up, non-exclusive right and license to use, edit, adapt, and/or publish your entry in any format and on any platform or media without limitation, and without any review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party.
8. Selection of Potential Winner: Jetsetter editors will choose the winner.
9. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Winner must be following @jetsetterdotcom at the time they are contacted to be eligible to win. Sponsor will send a message to the potential winner’s Instagram account used to enter the Contest with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive any communication from Sponsor, your “Photos are Private” setting of your Instagram profile must be turned to “OFF.” If a potential winner does not respond within two (2) business days after the notice is sent, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winnerin his/her place. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and/or a liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, as determined solely by Sponsor, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prize(s) at random to entrants from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online Entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning accounts for the domain associated with the submission. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Massachusetts, USA. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Massachusetts, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Massachusetts, USA, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Massachusetts, USA.