- 1 Anthropologie Clayton Sweater
- 2 Lululemon On the Fly Pants
- 3 Adidas Down Jacket
- 4 Arc'teryx Merino Wool Base Layers
- 5 Helly Hansen Alphelia Snow Pant
- 6 Arc'teryx Gloves
- 7 Terrex Choleah Padded Boots
- 8 Smartwool Neck Gaiter
- 9 Bombas Ski Socks
- 10 OMECHY Peruvian Beanie
- 11 COSTA Polarized Sunglasses
- 12 Amundsen Sports Breguet Jacket
- 13 Zella One-Piece Swimsuit
The Ultimate Antarctica Cruise Packing List: 13 Cold-Weather Essentials
If you’re planning on cruising with the penguins in Antarctica, you’ll need the right clothes to help you stay warm—but that doesn’t always mean you have to look like a big puffy marshmallow in your extreme cold-weather gear. Here, SmarterTravel editor (and recent Antarctica explorer) Jamie Ditaranto rounds up her essentials for exploring the continent in bulk-free style.
If you’re planning on taking a lot of photos, you’ll need to protect your hands from the elements. These waterproof, windproof Fission Gloves feature leather reinforcements on the palms and fingers for maximum grip—though they're known for being a little bulky. For something more lightweight, check out these thinner Gothic Gloves made of merino wool with touchscreen capability.
Terrex Choleah Padded Boots
On most Antarctica cruises, boots will be supplied by your cruise line. However, it's always good to invest in your own pair if you're picky about fit (or just the way they look). These lightweight, durable shoes offer climate protection (they're waterproof and insulated) as well as high-traction outsoles to prevent you from slipping on ice.
Zella One-Piece Swimsuit
It doesn't matter whether you’re doing the polar plunge or just going for a soak in the onboard hot tub—there’s no swimsuit that will keep you truly warm in below-freezing waters, so you might as well try to get a cute photo out of it! This sporty one-piece from Zella and comes in a dark teal so you can coordinate with the ocean or the icebergs.
- What to Pack for an Alaskan Cruise
- 9 Best Luxury Adventure Trips for the Jetsetter
- 8 Underrated Winter Getaways Around the World