Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou
What We Love
- A bucolic setting on the edge of West Lake
- The peaceful hotel is surrounded by gardens
- High-quality, authentic menu at Cantonese restaurant Shang Palace, one of three on-site restaurants
- The elegant rooms
- Sampling tea in the hotel’s lobby lounge
- A bike ride around lovely West Lake using the city’s bike-sharing program
What To Know
- A 15 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- The hotel’s ornate decor isn’t for everyone
- Shangri-La’s famous service and corporate environment attract business travelers
- Free WiFi and cable Internet in rooms
- No spa
- Transfers arranged through the hotel are $113 each way; taxis are $25 each way
- Hotel was last renovated in 2009
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
Located in Hangzhou (West Lake), Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou is minutes from Yui Fei Temple and Solitary Hill. This 4.5-star hotel is within close proximity of Xiling Seal Engraves Society and Quyuan Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 382 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a train station pick-up service.
How to Get There
Location just opposite west lake
Great Staff with a great helping attitude.
Restaurant Food especially dinner buffet
Breakfast needs an upgrade as per Shangrila standards
Rooms also require an update
More English speaking staff required at least in-room service and restaurant
Indoor Smoking area to be provided as it is very cold inside and smoking is not allowed in rooms
Stayed for a night as it was very convenient for the Light Show on West Lake.
Very welcoming staff (with good English) - very good room and a plentiful breakfast buffet all made for a very pleasant stay.
Hangzhou flies under the radar. It is laid back, and boasts one of China’s classic vistas in West Lake. The Shangri La Hotel is right in the middle of the district. The hotel itself is a little dated, and they are in the process of upgrading the property. However, the service was first rate, and the location...the best.