Banyan Tree Hangzhou
What We Love
- A fresh fruit platter and turn-down service daily, plus a free Oriental Bath in the Spa Onsen treatment room, are included in the Jetsetter rate
- The scenery here looks straight out of a Chinese landscape painting
- The spa’s Gui Shi massage with heated river stones and sesame, jojoba and vitamin E oils
- Bai Yun’s tea lounge for sipping famous Longjing green tea picked in the hills around Hangzhou
- Antiquities in the decor, including porcelain snuff bottles, calligraphy brushes and wooden latticework, give a sense of place
What To Know
- A 15 percent hotel service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Service in the Waterlight Court restaurant can be uneven
- Mosquitoes (especially during summer) are the one downside to this hotel’s prime location by the wetlands
- Room service can be slow, so it’s best to order at the first pang of hunger
- Reservations are suggested for Bai Yun restaurant
- You can fly into Hangzhou or Shanghai — but Shanghai is 149 miles away
- The resort opened in 2010
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Hangzhou, Banyan Tree Hangzhou is in a provincial park and convenient to Cai Shenmiao and Xixi Wetland Park. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Lingyin Temple and Zhejiang University.
Make yourself at home in one of the 72 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an indoor pool, a spa tub, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 3 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a train station pick-up service.
How to Get There
Before booking this hotel, was afraid that it might be abit too remote ( previous experience with another banyan tree property). Nevertheless, willing to take the risk.
The hotel was at wet land area. Beautiful rustic chinese architecture. Garden, water, landscape. It was incredible.
My villa Room was huge n the compound well kept. the open air spa Jacuzzi was great. Heated water.
Its a quiet neighbor hood. Its just so peaceful. No loud noise or traffic etc. And best of all, its a short stroll out to nearby mall n eatery. The whole area surrounding the hotel is like a big garden park.
If you like peace, quiet n privacy. Stay at banyan tree Hangzhou.
Maybe breakfast selection can improve slightly. Understand its not a big scale hotel with hundreds of room/ guest thus variety not too much. With min selection, worth considering sending set breakfast to rooms instead. That will be even better, esp for couples, breakfast on bed. Haha
This is a charming resort hotel, laid out as a historical water village. I stayed in a villa by the canal. Both the bedroom and bathroom are huge, with a nice layouts and amenities. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and there is also a nice bar area as well as a gym. Everything you need. I will happily stay here again.
Everything is luxury, the suite are so Spacious with beautiful designed, even the Bathroom is super luxurious. I can say it was a great environment in both room and outside. The room is very big and has a lot of service from bed to bath room. Good view from room