What We Love
- A hip hotel in the heart of Copenhagen, with breakfast and a suite option
- The chic lobby bar, perfect for a post sight-seeing tipple
- Staying in the heart of hip Copenhagen, just a short walk from the best shops and restaurants
- Taking a boat ride along the river for fabulous views of the futuristic opera house
- Opting for a Junior suite, with complimentary access to the hotel's Lounge with our offer
What To Know
- The lounge has chess, TV, newspapers, Danish treats and more
- The airport is 20 minutes away
- Continental breakfast is served from 6:30-10 a.m. (or 7-11 a.m. on weekends and holidays); free croissants, coffee and tea are available daily starting at 5 a.m.
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Everything about the modern, environmentally-friendly Square Hotel is
designed to impress, from its dining room with spectacular views across
the city to its location on popular Rådhuspladsen, just 200 metres from
Tivoli Gardens and Copenhagen Central Station.
The city of Copenhagen is well worth exploring: head to Nyhavn for a boat tour or two, and make for the Round Tower, botanical gardens and Amalienborg palace for a taste of this bustling metropolis’s rich historical and natural sights. After a busy day
of sightseeing and tasting the city’s fabulous coffee culture, kick back in the hotel’s Lounge, where you can watch television, tuck into cake (from 3pm) and Danish treats, enjoy views from the terrace, or read a newspaper with a wine or soda in hand.
To end a day in style, rest up in one of the hotel’s cool and minimally-designed rooms or suites – bright, spacious and generously-equipped spaces you won’t soon want to leave.
All the rooms at The Square boast a stylish but
minimalistic design and include a minibar, a flatscreen TV with
satellite channels and a writing desk. The double bed and your big
bath tub provide the perfect remedy for weary, shopped-out legs. Opt for a Junior suite, which comes with complimentary access to the hotel’s lounge as part of our offer.
traditional Danish continental breakfast, taken in the breakfast restaurant with roof terrace from 6.30-10am (or 7-11am on weekends and public holidays), features
a buffet packed with Danish baked treats, pastries, rye bread, meats,
cheeses, jams, eggs, yoghurts, cereals, fresh fruit and vegetables,
juices, coffee or tea. If you rise and shine early, there’s a
complimentary croissant and coffee or tea in the lobby area from 5am
The hotel’s great location in
downtown Copenhagen puts you within comfortable walking distance to the
central train station, the university, most major tourist attractions
and restaurants. This city is the perfect place for cycling, so why not
rent a bike and cruise around the sights.
How to Get There
well situated city hotel , older but renovated, good breakfast, very nice and helpful staff at the reception, nearby public traffic (bus), line 5c directly way from/to the airport, bikes for hire, 2 minutes from Tivoli :-)
Room are noisy in the back with machinery noise roaring...the breakfast room is overloaded so that event the hotel advises one to eat early. The clothes. closet is for acrobats only. Lobby service is nice, though. Also the price for this room was way over what it should be.
A nice hotel with good service, clean rooms and a fantastic breakfast. Would recommend to «invest» in Lounge access. Nice to sit outdoors, enjoy a glas of wine with a nice view of Copenhagen. I will definetly come back to this hotel.
Our business visits Copenhagen regularly for meetings with a business partner and we will not be staying at this hotel again. We gave it one chance and the service was terrible. I do not recommend to other travellers.
Is not fun writing a bad review, but well, I will list pros and cons and you can draw your own conclusions - The following review is based on stay at a suite located on the 6 floor facing the side street (where the main hotel entrance is)
1 Excellent central location (a short walk to the Central Railroad Station, and all the shops, bars, restaurants, museums, everything on a walking distance).
2. Very polite staff
3. A good buffet breakfast (worth the money)
4. Clean room - daily housekeeping
5. Excellent wi-fi (was included in the room rate)
6. Shower - excellent water pressure
7. Good value!
1. Very cheap foam mattresses, which resulted to almost sleepless nights + the queen bed was the result of simply putting together two twin beds (huge gap in between)
Would we stay again? hmmm, I will have to call ahead and confirm that they have invested in new better quality mattresses!