What We Love
- Contemporary style and an industrial past combine at this Copenhagen go-toThe atmospheric interiors of this former working warehouse
- Michelin-star worthy cuisine in the hotel's new restaurant
- Discovering design-savvy Copenhagen
What To Know
- Set within a pair of renovated 200-year-old warehouses on the waterfront
- Inviting touches like heated bathroom floors
- Located on Paper Island, a super central spot near all the sights and restaurants; the world famous Noma is just a quick stroll over the bridge
Copenhagen makes a breeze of city breaks, squeezing an impressive range of opportunities into its relatively compact cityscape. World-class museums and captivating, cobbled streets provide the foundations for a chic creative scene that spans design, fashion and food. Its culinary scope is impressive, with 15 Michelin-starred restaurants all sitting amidst super-stylish cafes and industrial-hip bars.
71 Nyhavn encapsulates it all, starting with its situation; the hotel’s set within two, striking, 200-year-old warehouses that sit right by the waterfront. Sitting side by side, the lofty yellow and red buildings are linked by an inviting lobby area and offer access to some of the city’s best dining, which can be found at the new SEA by Kiin Kiin restaurant. The considered refurbishment of these historic buildings extends all the way to the attractive guest rooms, which feature atmospheric exposed beams.
How to Get There
I’ve stayed here a number of times. The rooms are small and quaint, but it is a great hotel. They continue to improve their rooms, shared spaces and overall experience. Great location! I’ll continue to stay here when visiting Copenhagen.
The 71 Nyhavn Hotel is centrally-located and well-priced for Copenhagen. The rooms are simple, and on eat smaller-side, but perfectly comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. It is a close walk to the metro, although a bit challenging when you are pulling your suitcase on the cobblestones. Don't let the hotel charge your room in U.S. dollars, or they add a 3% conversion fee.
Great hotel for Weekend Stay - perfect location on famous Nyhavn by harbour - walkable to everywhere in central Copenhagen. Staff and service were excellent - particularly for a birthday we were celebrating - and for finding excellent restaurants at last minute. Breakfast was superb; rooms were very comfortable with plenty of 'Hygge'. Will definitely return.