Golden Tulip Zanzibar Resort
What We Love
- A warm and welcoming oceanfront resort just a short drive from Zanzibar City, with breakfastThe hotel's stellar location, with unforgettable ocean views as well as easy access to Zanzibar City and the airport
- Making a day trip out of a visit to Jozani Forest, an hour's drive away, home to the rare and once-endangered red colobus monkey
- Swapping tranquillity for city on an afternoon out visiting Stone Town's Old Fort, Sultan's Palace and other architectural marvels
What To Know
- One- and two-bedroom suites have separate sitting areas
- Complimentary shuttle service is provided in and out of Stone Town
- Free WiFi works well
Land, sea, city and convenience combine at the four-star Golden Tulip Zanzibar Resort, an oceanfront Tanzanian gem with quick and easy access to Stone Town, Zanzibar International Airport and an expansive verdant landscape, further inland.
Situated in the village of Kibweni on Zanzibar’s west coast, this property brings plenty comfort, peace and quiet to the table. Spacious guest rooms and suites come with splendid beach, city or ocean views, while a sea-facing outdoor pool and deck make sun-soaked relaxing a particularly easy task. Hungry stomachs will find respite in the form of buffet and à la carte options at the restaurant, while two lounges offer refreshments and shisha sessions with – you guessed it – even more amazing sea views.
For a change of scenery take the 11-minute drive south to Zanzibar City and its Stone Town, where the Old Fort of Zanzibar, Sultan’s Palace and far-reaching vistas from Forodhani Gardens are all worth adding to your checklist. Jozani Forest is no more than an hour’s drive away, and nature lovers will easily find their slice of happiness on a guided eco-tour of this 6,207-acre expanse, taking in local flora and fauna – look out for the rare red colobus monkey, bush babies and plenty butterfly species.
How to Get There
This hotel is very decent with great breakfast, good pool, nice gym and very pleasant rooms.
The 70% of the staff and management is also nice and pleasure to deal with.
One of my favorites escapes in Zanzibar.
Prices are reasonable with affordable food and good reliable internet and hot water. City View rooms very noisy do to traffic on the road. Couldn’t sleep during the stay. Staff not responsive to requests
The hotel cancelled our reservation 2 days before our arrival for a business trip. Apparently due to overbooking. That left leaving us with no place to stay in the high season and having alternatives being at least 250% more expensive at this time. They offered no help nor explanation, nor even an apology! Absolutely disrespectful.