Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Amazing views all round with the sea and islands to the southwest, and Velebit mountains on the mainland to the northeast. Don’t miss the sunsets here
- Bathrooms are huge and sensuous
- Excellent eats – from the rich buffet breakfast, to the delectable fresh Adriatic seafood served in the a la carte restaurant
- The vast, 64,500-square-foot Aquapura Spa, with world class amenities
- Friendly, helpful and impeccably professional staff
- Green-friendly approach – the resort has a desalination plant and a water purification system
What To Know
- First impressions can be a little unnerving – seen from behind, the modern buildings make the complex look rather like an industrial estate
- The open-plan bathrooms in all the rooms won’t be to everyone’s taste
- Punta Skala, on the edge of the village of Petr?ane, lies seven miles outside Zadar’s magnificent historic center, so visits to town need some planning
- The neighboring 4-star Diadora caters specifically for families with kids, though you’re unlikely to see much of them
- Beaches in Croatia are of pebble and rock, not sand
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Zadar (Petrcane), Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera is close to Petrcane Beach and Parish Church. This 5-star hotel is within the vicinity of Church of St. Nicholas and Stone Bridge.
Make yourself at home in one of the 210 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Partially open bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax and unwind with massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Zadar? This hotel has facilities measuring 6400 square feet (595 square meters), including a conference center.
How to Get There
I've docked one mark as we spent extra money to stay in an adults only resort, only to arrive with lots of children there. One child was allowed to use his scooter inside the restaurant and was at risk of tripping staff carrying food plates at breakfast and dinner. We were very disappointed in this as they were in and out of the pool and around the pool area screaming during the day and evening when they should have been in the family hotel next door.
From speaking with staff they are very unhappy with it also, however it seems that they cannot prevent it from happening due to someone saying it's ok. At least be honest when advertising the hotel that it's NOT am adults only hotel.
With the above aside the staff were excellent, extremely friendly and couldn't do enjoying to help wherever we had queries. The Maitre'D remembered our names after the first night, the lady and gentleman serving us at breakfast and dinner remembered our orders every day, as did the bar men. When we needed some help with the housekeeping staff, they were incredibly good to us. There was a guy doing an aqua fitness class that we did twice and he was brilliant. Really friendly and it was an enjoyable workout. There were lots of other classes available that we didn't get to.
The nudist spa area is lovely, lots of sauna/steam room spaces and a small pool too. The heated water beds are amazing and we both ended up falling fast asleep in them one afternoon.
We went half board and the food was delicious, the BBQ night in particular was great, an amazing selection of food to choose from. The breakfast selection was delicious also.
We were flying home late on our last day so the staff invited us to stay around the hotel for the day, using the facilities. The showers and changing rooms in the white spa area were lovely and spacious allowing us to get ready before leaving for the airport.
We stayed for only one night. Arrived late on Friday and were wonderfully welcomed. Room was super-clean. Breakfast menu was amazing. On our second day, after a check-out we stayed at the spa. Hammam is absolutely gorgeous! The best thing about the hotel is staff which is at high level.
Every star justife quality and excellency.. Spa&wellnes beautiful and extraordinary.
Rooms are very modern and luxury.. beautifull view..
For a smokers hotel has a special nicely decorated room for smoke a cigarette..
Food is delicious and can be found an organic food..
All in all excellent hotel..