Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera
What We Love
- Daily buffet breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Amazing views all round with the sea and islands to the southwest, and Velebit mountains on the mainland to the northeast. Don’t miss the sunsets here
- Bathrooms are huge and sensuous
- Excellent eats – from the rich buffet breakfast, to the delectable fresh Adriatic seafood served in the a la carte restaurant
- The vast, 64,500-square-foot Aquapura Spa, with world class amenities
- Friendly, helpful and impeccably professional staff
- Green-friendly approach – the resort has a desalination plant and a water purification system
What To Know
- First impressions can be a little unnerving – seen from behind, the modern buildings make the complex look rather like an industrial estate
- The open-plan bathrooms in all the rooms won’t be to everyone’s taste
- Punta Skala, on the edge of the village of Petr?ane, lies seven miles outside Zadar’s magnificent historic center, so visits to town need some planning
- The neighboring 4-star Diadora caters specifically for families with kids, though you’re unlikely to see much of them
- Beaches in Croatia are of pebble and rock, not sand
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Zadar (Petrcane), Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera is close to Petrcane Beach and Parish Church. This 5-star hotel is within the vicinity of Church of St. Nicholas and Stone Bridge.
Make yourself at home in one of the 210 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Partially open bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax and unwind with massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Zadar? This hotel has facilities measuring 6400 square feet (595 square meters), including a conference center.
How to Get There
I stayed at the hotel for the 8th time, so generaly i like it, but I was a bit disappointed this year. All the changes made in hotel area are mistake to my opinion.
Fish restaurant Bracera: totally different than the last year. It looks like a lunch bar. The decoration of the restaurant is terrible. This is not Dalmatia anymore. The restaurant became a bad copy of Greece. No more beautiful white tablecloths, annoying blue colour all over the place, chairs which are very uncomfortable. Sitting on them is unpleasant because of the material (you get sticky skin). There used to play dalmatian music, now we had to listen to the music which is inappropriate for the restaurant. Umbrellas at the restaurant are the ugliest ones I have ever seen. It all looks like a lot of toilet paper hanging down. It was a real disappointment to see what you have done with the restaurant. Of course it is question of taste, but I think that also question of local atmosfhere and mindset.
Fortunately, the staff at the restaurant is still great. Professional, helpful, pleasant. Changes in food selection are also not good to my opinion.
Hotel bar: the outside part of the bar is terrible. It looks really strange. Green colour? Sitting bags? Umbrellas? It doesn’t make any sense and it is not comfortable at all. This is not what I expect to see in Dalmatia. Fortunately, the stuff is excellent. And the bar offer remains great.
Gym: can you imagine doing the workout at 27 and even more degrees? The air condition is working so bad, that the temperature was too high for the gym. There were no paper towels for 2 days, so I had to clean the equipment with the towel. I would also expect that during one week stay someone will come to repair the doors.
Room: the room was perfectly clean every day. What I don’t understand is why the towels must be changed every day. I put the towels on towel hanger, but they were changed anyway. The air conditioning at the room was absolutely unacceptable. I had to put the air conditioning on the highest level of blowing and on the lowest temperature to get a decent temperature in the room which was still too high for me. Existing air condition system in the hotel is not working well. The temperature is a problem all over the hotel. It is too hot everywhere you go. Many guests and employee complained.
SPA: many of the sun beds are dirty. The cushions should be cleaned more often. There are not enough umbrellas, some of them are broken.
very nice hotel, good situated if you look for silence and peace. the service staff and spa-staff very friendly and good educated. We liked the spa place very well. Breakfast was very good and we liked the hotel very much.
fantastic holiday, great staff,vers happy with the hotel, my prefered hotel
punta scala is the best resort in croatia, the spa is great , the food fantastic, the new sport fasility great, a realy five star hotel
I stayed many times in Iadera hotel and every time it was perfect. Beautiful hotel professional staff and excellent breakfast! Beautiful rooms, beautiful wellness, good restaurants and beautiful beaches! Location Top! For every recommendation!
First the bad bits...I’ll get those out the way first
(1) I tried to booked a Spa treatment online for myself and partner before we arrived , the web site had a 20% discount voucher but I was unable to do anything with it so I e-mailed and was told the discount would be applied when we arrived , it wasn’t so after 2 trips to the Spa reception 2 trips to the main reception and a bit of an exchange of words the Spa reception agreed to apply the discount...£52 so we weren’t prepared to just ignore it.
(2) Just a couple of minor niggles , breakfast is Buffett style no problem , tea making area is fine , plenty of choice but no milk....you have to take the little milk jug to the other end of the Buffett area to get milk , put milk in the tea making area !! , table clearing was painfully slow , even to the extent of finishing breakfast and the table was still uncleared !! , I know it’s only minor but it is a 5 star hotel and you’d expect to get your table cleared at least..
(3) There is parking on site but it’s £9.50 per day So factor that in to your coatings.
Now the good bits...that’s easy , everything...
Rooms are spacious , well appointed with bright decor , nice size balcony, only a net curtain between bed area and bath / sinks / toilet which maybe be a bit strange for some.
Rooms are cleaned daily , with free water daily also.
Grounds and pools are lovely , plenty of sun beds , nearly enough parasols , could do with a few more .
There’s the main restaurant and also a separate Steak house a 2 min walk away along the beach or a Fish restaurant a 5 min walk along the beach in the other direction. At both you can book your meal to your room if you wish. We ate at the Steak house every night as it’s right on the beach with excellent food and service...they were even kind enough to give us the same table each time...
As it’s Croatia the beach is your normal sandy beach but there are plenty of places to enter the sea .
The main attraction is the Spa , it’s huge. 2 types of steam room , 3 types of Sauna , Ham-am , relaxation rooms , and outside area with small chill out , cool down pools . Free fruit infused water , free tea and free fruit .
3 times a day usually , 2.30 , 4,30 & 6.30 in the earth sauna an Aufguss is performed...no we didn’t know what it was either...if you go attend at least one , very invigorating if you can stand the heat lol....but take note the whole Spa area is nudist , no bathing costumes allowed , towels are available but if you’re not happy being nude or seeing nude people it’s probably not the place go into...
We loved our time at the hotel and will definitely be returning...