Pullman Lijiang Resort and Spa
What We Love
- Glorious views of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, a holy place for the indigenous Naxi people
- Impressive villas incorporate Naxi-style architecture
- Free horse carriage shuttle to Shuhe Old Town
What To Know
- The expansive hotel compound features a lake but no swimming pool
- UNESCO-listed Lijiang Old Town is a cab ride away
- Some villas feature an outdoor hot tub; all have underfloor heating
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Set in tranquil gardens, this low-rise resort cleverly incorporates a central lake, a pagoda and canals – and a showstopper view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The rooms and villas all feature private courtyards and reflection pools, and this luxe sanctuary cleverly mixes Naxi architecture with contemporary Chinese elements.
Bed and Bath
Gargantuan slate wall tiles, designer tubs and generous windows (which allow the light to flood in while still granting privacy) make the villa bathrooms a place you’ll want to linger. The bedrooms also feature large windows behind the bed (along with decorative lattice screens and a shade to allow lazy lie-ins).
Traditional Naxi and regional dishes are served at Zun Chinese restaurant, or you can tuck into international fare at the Xi Western restaurant. Pair your meal with a glass of wine from the lengthy list. Treatments at the starkly beautiful Mandara Spa take on local flavor, with options such as a Yunnan coffee body contour and Lijiang tea body scrub.
In the Area
Lijiang has been dubbed the Venice of the East. Wander among its pretty, flower-lined canals by day and, if you dare, wobble across the timber footbridges into the heaving bars at night (where minimum drink purchases and zany, good-natured drinking games apply). Borrow a bicycle from the hotel to pedal to nearby Baisha Old Town. Tours can take you to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (10 miles away) or to Tiger Leaping Gorge (50 miles), where, if you don’t feel like taking on the steep steps, you can hire a sedan chair and be carried aloft like an adventurer from yesteryear.
How to Get There
My first trip to Yunnan and I was lucky I picked this hotel. The hotel is very well run and it is in a very convenient but also picturesque spot. Shuhe old town was within walking distance and backdrop of Snow Mountain wonderful.
Accor recognition excellent – they upgraded me to a Villa which was incredible and nothing disappointed after that. Villa accommodation included a large bedroom and en-suite plus office area with sofa and large work table and separate large living area. Outside a courtyard with seating areas and jacuzzi. Only little thing was I found was the surface area on the vanity was small once there were towels, candle and few other things on it. But that does not detract from the stay at all.
Food I found excellent with good selection of Asian and international dishes and the staff always happy to help with recommendations. Nice bar and library for the evening, I just had to stop everyone running all the time to help me. Spa treatment wonderful to end my stay.
Best part here, as so often make or break, were the staff. From the moment of being picked up at the airport they were all welcoming and friendly and always there when needed, which actually was rarely as everything was already very good. Even before meeting the GM Michael it was obvious he has and maintains good people. While I don’t normally mention names, my whole stay Ms Tina and Ms Selina came to make sure everything was OK and it just made the whole time special.
I applaud all of you for about the best customer service I have had in a while and I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area. But please don’t everyone fill it up as I know I will return here!!
Our villa was large and comfortable (oh, that heavenly bed !!!) but not totally clean (especially outside). Although we were surrounded by other villas, it was rather quiet. We found it easy to relax while seating on our large outside terrace.
Service was the best we experienced in all Yunnan (3 weeks tour). However, our room wasn't ready when we checked in at 5.00 pm. We had to wait for over 45 minutes and all they were ready to offer us was a cup of tea or a juice (wine would have been more appropriate for European consumers but they showed no flexibility on this so we had to pay for it).
Food for breakfast was very good but not spectacular.
The best thing about this property is the sense of privacy and serenity it offers. We really felt privileged staying there for 6 days, even though this was high season for Chinese people.
The resort is located 15 minutes walk from the old town of Shuhe, which we found more attractive (and overall less crowded) than Lijiang with plenty of off the beaten track eating places.
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone seeking for a nice retreat away from the crowds.
1) I was not able to make any online booking on Accor Hotel website. I had to call Accor Call Center to make this booking as I was unsure why. I stayed around 80 to 150 nights with Accor annually and this is the first time I ever encountered this problem with this property throughout my 10 years with Accor
1) Excellent Accor Plus Platinum benefits recognition. Benefits include welcome drink, welcome basket of fruits, a bottle of red wine, personalised hand written card from the GM Michael and complimentary afternoon tea from 2.30 PM onwards
2) Villa upgrade and the room is huge at around 288 square metres, with separate bathtub, standing shower. There is an outdoor courtyard with table and chair and sunbath chair
3) You can order a personalised BBQ in your villa and the package starts from RMB 1,388
4) There is no executive club lounge but you can have your afternoon tea at the 1919 Bar from 2.30 PM onwards till 6 PM. You will receive a complimentary set of platter which includes cakes, fruits, macaron etc with your afternoon tea
5) The quality of breakfast is good and extensive (compared to Intercontinental Hotel Lijiang which was pathetic)
6) There is a buggy service to send you to and fro your villa
7) Complimentary horse cart ride to Shu He old town which is besides the hotel but requires 30 minutes advance booking. The hotel also provides complimentary bicycle and cycling map
8) Accor Plus dining benefits apply and this is a real deal (50% discount for 2 persons). The quality of the food in the Chinese restaurant is the best comparing with the rest of the restaurants during my 1 week stay in Lijiang
9) Great service especially from front desk personnel Miss Xi, Miss Lena from 1919 Bar and Miss Tina whom I met as she was doing her rounds throughout the hotel to ensure that customers are happy with their service. The GM Mr Michael can be seen walking the hotel everyday throughout my 4 days stay. This is epitome of what customer service is all about
10) The hotel exceeded my expectation. Normally, I have low expectation of Accor properties compared to Starwood and Marriott which I am also a Platinum Elite member. I stay around 80 to 150 nights with Accor and I can tell you that this is a well-managed property and I rank them at the top amongst Accor properties.
All the staffs look happy and they will greet you whenever they walked past you. They are extremely service oriented and quick to resolve any issue promptly.
I would like to applaud the Management and the Team for a job well done. The Management Team goes around checking on the customer to ensure a high level of satisfaction compared to other hotels in China where you do not see their Management personnel.
I highly recommend this hotel and I will return if I ever return to Lijiang. I rate my stay to be 9 out of 10 and I do not have any issue during my stay.
This contrasts with the latter part of my Lijiang trip where I moved to Intercontinental Hotel Lijiang and the experience was poor and pathetic (Rate Intercontinental Hotel Lijiang at 2 out of 10).
I had an amazing 4 nights at Pullman Lijiang! Was greeted with fast service and very efficient staffs when we were in a big group and especially it’s pretty late at night.
The breakfast was good (except for the absence of egg station) most of the days. We had a theme bbq dinner on a Friday night which was their first for the spring season.
It was a little messy n poorly organized but we can tell the staffs were trying very hard to cope with the crowd’s request and with the strong wind. Price and service were good and we can make do with it by eating the warm food from the buffet while waiting.
The hotel is less than 1km away from the ancient city which is a must go!!
Nice gym, awesome and beautiful but expensive spa (we had happy hour promo) at 2 hours ¥1610
The hotel itself is very very scenic! The room is very specially decorated and spacious! Clean and comfortable!! I am just full of praises to this hotel!
Stayed in this hotel for a Golf trip. The old town Golf and jade mountain Golf courses were near.
Rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. The bathtub was spacious and the open concept of the room allowed humidifying of the room with the bath water.
The restaurant service was excellent. Prices were good and service manager Regina was especially attentive.
We enjoyed the BBQ buffet on Friday. Complete with free flow beer, cocktails and a good variety of food and desserts.
Walking around the whole resort was refreshing. With all the different flowers and plants to see. Would have loved to cycle (bikes provided) but it was raining.
Shuhe old town was also within walking distance. Took the horse carriage there - very pleasant driver and a small Yunnan horse. The old town was very quaint, with interesting restaurants and local food.
Overall an enjoyable stay and would not hesitant to recommend to any friends who would come to Lijiang.