Pullman Lijiang Resort and Spa
What We Love
- Glorious views of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, a holy place for the indigenous Naxi people
- Impressive villas incorporate Naxi-style architecture
- Free horse carriage shuttle to Shuhe Old Town
What To Know
- The expansive hotel compound features a lake but no swimming pool
- UNESCO-listed Lijiang Old Town is a cab ride away
- Some villas feature an outdoor hot tub; all have underfloor heating
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Set in tranquil gardens, this low-rise resort cleverly incorporates a central lake, a pagoda and canals – and a showstopper view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The rooms and villas all feature private courtyards and reflection pools, and this luxe sanctuary cleverly mixes Naxi architecture with contemporary Chinese elements.
Bed and Bath
Gargantuan slate wall tiles, designer tubs and generous windows (which allow the light to flood in while still granting privacy) make the villa bathrooms a place you’ll want to linger. The bedrooms also feature large windows behind the bed (along with decorative lattice screens and a shade to allow lazy lie-ins).
Traditional Naxi and regional dishes are served at Zun Chinese restaurant, or you can tuck into international fare at the Xi Western restaurant. Pair your meal with a glass of wine from the lengthy list. Treatments at the starkly beautiful Mandara Spa take on local flavor, with options such as a Yunnan coffee body contour and Lijiang tea body scrub.
In the Area
Lijiang has been dubbed the Venice of the East. Wander among its pretty, flower-lined canals by day and, if you dare, wobble across the timber footbridges into the heaving bars at night (where minimum drink purchases and zany, good-natured drinking games apply). Borrow a bicycle from the hotel to pedal to nearby Baisha Old Town. Tours can take you to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (10 miles away) or to Tiger Leaping Gorge (50 miles), where, if you don’t feel like taking on the steep steps, you can hire a sedan chair and be carried aloft like an adventurer from yesteryear.
How to Get There
I had an amazing 4 nights at Pullman Lijiang! Was greeted with fast service and very efficient staffs when we were in a big group and especially it’s pretty late at night.
The breakfast was good (except for the absence of egg station) most of the days. We had a theme bbq dinner on a Friday night which was their first for the spring season.
It was a little messy n poorly organized but we can tell the staffs were trying very hard to cope with the crowd’s request and with the strong wind. Price and service were good and we can make do with it by eating the warm food from the buffet while waiting.
The hotel is less than 1km away from the ancient city which is a must go!!
Nice gym, awesome and beautiful but expensive spa (we had happy hour promo) at 2 hours ¥1610
The hotel itself is very very scenic! The room is very specially decorated and spacious! Clean and comfortable!! I am just full of praises to this hotel!
Stayed in this hotel for a Golf trip. The old town Golf and jade mountain Golf courses were near.
Rooms were spacious and the beds very comfortable. The bathtub was spacious and the open concept of the room allowed humidifying of the room with the bath water.
The restaurant service was excellent. Prices were good and service manager Regina was especially attentive.
We enjoyed the BBQ buffet on Friday. Complete with free flow beer, cocktails and a good variety of food and desserts.
Walking around the whole resort was refreshing. With all the different flowers and plants to see. Would have loved to cycle (bikes provided) but it was raining.
Shuhe old town was also within walking distance. Took the horse carriage there - very pleasant driver and a small Yunnan horse. The old town was very quaint, with interesting restaurants and local food.
Overall an enjoyable stay and would not hesitant to recommend to any friends who would come to Lijiang.
As part of our Kunming/Lijiang XMas trip we stayed here 3 nights during this very off peak period. Checking in as Accor members we were upgraded to a huge villa.
- It seems being Accor members has advantages in China. Though it was off peak season, not sure if we would have been upgraded if not members. This included the welcome fruit basket, though the fruits were not great. Nice welcome tea.
- This is a resort style hotel- single story and spread out with different blocks reached by outdoor walk. Has a park like residential feel.
- The villa is huge with its own private entrance gate and a landscaped walkway to the main entrance door.
- Large bedroom with super king bed, very comfortable, in-floor heating, high gable ceiling with cove lighting.
- Large ensuite with separate WC & shower rooms, large soaking tube, 2 wardrobe areas for hanging clothing. Shower very good with proper rain shower that did not drip cold water when not in use. Vanity has suficient counter space. IN FLOOR HEATING kept the room very comfy in the cold weather and can be controlled to your liking. Iron and board, quality toiletries, hair dryer, etc.
- Separate good size office area with sofa and large work table. Good lighting. Separate climate control.
- Separate large living area with large panel TV, music system, high gable ceiling, separate climate control.
- Exterior compound had spacious seating areas, jacuuzi. As it was cold out we only made use of this backyard to photograph the moon and stars.
- we felt as though being off peak season the regular staff took off and we only had fill in staff- did not feel very professional, except for some of the staff at breafast.
- The room was not ready and we waited about 1.5 hours. Maybe due to the upgrade.
- The bedroom and ensuite had in floor heating and these were set so high it felt like a sauna. Seems the system is slow to react but the service people sent to adjust the system seemed not too knowledgable. Through out own trial and error we found a comfortable setting. The bedroom also had the regular forced air A/C system, at the time set for heating only. We just turned this off.
- The bed had too many "designer" pillows- some VERY large and some very small, with 4 of the good usable ones. Sometimes it is better to be practical. Lucky the study had a sofa to keep the unwanted pillows.
- The bed is raised sitting on a 130mm (5 inch) high platform that stick out from under the bed. We ended up kicking/tripping on this often
- The bedroom TV is off to the right and is not adjustable so not good TV position. Also not many western cable channels.
- The bed footer has a bench seat- but this is "decorated" with a "antique" storage box fixed in place. Without this box we could have placed our small luggage here instead of on the small sofa in the bedroom. This had us put on/off our shoes in the study.
- Coming from a humid country we find most hotels to be too dry, causing chap lips and dry sinuses over night. So we were surprised to see a humidifier in the bedrm. But this did not seem to work as we set it to 60% but the room reading always said 30%. Twice we turned it on and in a short while the water reservioir would indicte empty and have to call for service. Being a premium brand this should be looked at while we are away.
- In ensuite there is only 1 spot to place luggage, there are no portable fold up stands. What makes it worse is that this one location is poorly lit, no light directly above. It is hard to see what you are packing. The same with the safe- no light directly overhead to see what you are doing.
- Directly behind the vanity/basin is a window looking at an outdoor space which is between the WC and shower. It may seem nice to have more daylight, but it would serve much better as a mirror with frontal face lighting. As it is there are 2 small angled side mirrors that do not function well, even for simple shaving.
- The WC toilet paper is on wall behind, not the best functionally. The wall to right of WC is glass which looks at the entrance walkway- we kept the blinds for this always closed. The wall to right has glass door to the outside space. This door is not weather tight so we keep the WC door open to help keep it warm.
- As in almost all hotels, not enough hooks to hang cloths.
DINING ROOM- Breakfast
- The food is cold- it starts slightly luke warm from the serving counters. But the plates are very cold, and half way eating the food is cold.
- The staff noted there is issue with the heating in the room. Due to this the food is invariably not appetizing. Also the variety is not as much as other hotels. We had alacarte here for dinner and it is much better- possibly because of being served just cooked hot.
The hotel is in a residential area so no real closeby shopping. It is a 15 min walk, or get the hotel horse drawn buggy, to one of the Lijiang old town shopping areas.
We really enjoyed the spaciousness of the villa but there was just too many things that prevent us from giving an excellent rating.
My husband and I just came back from an unforgettable stay at the resort's wonderfully designed one-bedroom villa for 5days/4nights. We definitely enjoyed our privacy in the villa as well as being surrounded by nature in the whole resort, having the Jade Dragon Snow mountain as a backdrop and the modernized Naxi-style architecture of the buildings. As for the food, both in-room dining and breakfast buffet were delicious and freshly prepared. Their restaurant menu were thoughtfully prepared as well, having a wide assortment of food to cater to both local and international guests. All the staff are very warm, friendly and responsive to our needs. Their service are really heartfelt, from the cleanliness of the public areas in the resort to the rooms. During our stay, we were fortunate to meet the general manager, Michael, and his secretary, Tina, who warmly welcomed us and made our stay much more special. By far, we've had our best vacation by not just having a room to spend the night in, but having a home away from home in Pullman. Very special thanks to Michael for providing us with a memorable villa experience! Keep up the good work in leading your team in providing top-notch service! Lijiang Pullman will always have a place in our hearts and will be on top of the list of hotels to go back to!
We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in early November and our experience was great. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, rooms were clean and well organized and surroundings were beautiful and well-kept. Oh, and breakfast includes basically everything that you could ask for! We stayed at a private villa which was worth every penny. It was really nice to escape the pace of a big city and relax at this beautiful hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Lijiang!