Hotel Plaza Mirador
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Centrally located in Merida, Hotel Plaza Mirador is minutes from Casa Frederick Catherwood and Montejo House. This hotel is within close proximity of Plaza Grande and Macay Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 90 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and complimentary bottled water.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Enjoy recreation amenities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a garden. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in a common area. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar, take in a pool view, and even dine alfresco (weather permitting). You can also stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Very expensive for simple rooms without charm
The property was doubtful and the continental breakfast consists on 3 pieces of industrial bread, and you need to choose between a juice (Fanta) and 2 pieces of fresh fruits.
Globally the place need to be refreshed.
This is NOT a safe hotel for Female travellers, Indviduals with Mobility issues, or First time travellers to Merida.
Compared to other Merida Hotels in this price range, this is NOT a good value. Poorly located to the Tourist areas. Badly maintained, with an "Indifferent" Front desk staff.
This is a modest budget hotel with no frills - not even on par with an older Motel Six property. They dont even provide a wash cloth for the guests. (The photos provided by the hotel appear to have been taken when the property was built. They are decades old and do not accurately reflect the current condition of the property.)
1. Hygiene - My bathroom had a hand sized patch of black mold growing in it. The bathroom window had a greasy film on it. There was a large pile of dead insects on the window sill. They had been ignored by the cleaning staff for so long that they were covered in dust. Compared to similar hotels in Merida, this place is significantly less clean
2. Location - The property is a good 20 minute walk from the tourist areas. The neighborhood is full of cheap hotels which "rent by the hour". The hotel sits on one of the main streets into the city. There is a considerable amount of traffic noises from the busses and delivery vehicles which roar past the hotel from morning to late at night.
3. Safety - the retail shops in the area close by sundown. After dark the streets are poorly lit and pretty mich deserted. We could not find another restaurant with in walking distance which was open for dinner. Pool is unfencede, and right next to the restaurant entrance -- poses a substantial hazard for small children.
3. Room - Very poorly designed. Most of the front wall is taken up by an oversized picture window. There are no curtains on the window -- just a thick black out covering.
If you leave the covering up everyone passing by can see right to the back wall of the room. If you leave it down, you are in total darkness. The lighting in the room is so limited it is impossible to read at night. Imagine lighting a good sized room with a 15 watt bulb. DO not expect to be able to read.
3. Free Wifi - The ONLY place on the property where the wifi signal is reliable is in the main lobby. And it is very very slow. Do not expect to download photos or videos.
4. "Complimentary Breakfast." This is a cup of coffee, a small cup of imitation orange juice, and bread. They also serve a breakfast buffet but this will cost you an additional 75 pesos per person per day.
5. Handicapped Accessibility -- very poorly designed for people with mobility issues. If you are in a wheel chair, don't expect to get up the steep 45 degree ramp to get to the pool, the restaurant, or the Conference Room.
6. Front Desk Staff -- "Indifferent and unprofessional" -- unless you were a handsome young Male. Poorly trained, lacking in Customer Service Skills.
Hotel is ok, nothing fancy. The location is about 6 blocks from downtown. Easy to walk to. The room itself is clean but nothing special. The internet works great. I was finally able to get some work done. The shower did not have any water pressure at all, literally drips coming out of it. For the price is ok.