Le Barthélemy Hotel & Spa
What We Love
- Dining on classic French dishes—with an island twist—by award-winning chef Guy Martin
- La Mer treatments at the spa
- Looking out at an azure bay from the infinity-edge pool
- Beach-hopping around St. Barts
What To Know
- There’s a 10-night minimum booking requirement over the Christmas holidays
- Free WiFi
- Complimentary roundtrip transfers from Saint Barthélemy Airport
Chic island haven surrounded by turquoise waters with a spa, two pools, and first-rate restaurants
From the sea, Le Barthélemy looks like a row of pretty beach cottages surrounded by palm trees and tropical plants. The first newly built hotel on St. Barts in 20 years, everything at this property is an ode to Caribbean style at its best. Interiors are by internationally known French designer Sybille de Margerie, who created airy, sun-drenched spaces that reflect the island’s own sandy beaches, turquoise waters, and lush vegetation. Each of the 46 spacious rooms feature chartreuse and turquoise accent pillows and throws set against off-white upholstery and flaxen timber, as well as massive walk-in-showers stocked with Hermès toiletries and invisible drop-down screens that transform outdoor terraces into private nooks. Most have heated plunge pools and ocean views. Michelin-starred chef Guy Martin oversees the cuisine: head to Le Barth for light daytime fare or the all-day Le Bar for fruit-forward cocktails. Otherwise, poolside Le Turquoise is the place to go for fresh juices (or more cocktails). There’s also Le Spa and Le Fitness; as the names suggest, this is where you go for rejuvenation and beautification—though the beach right outside might also do the trick.
In the Area
St. Barts is one of the Caribbean’s most exclusive islands, known for its jet-setting clientele and distinctly French sensibility. But there’s also an understated side to this fair-weather destination, and certainly everyone can enjoy the extraordinarily beautiful beaches that line the island. Grande Saline beach, in the south, is considered one of the best in the world and is also great for people-watching. Nearby is Le Grain de Sel, a casual restaurant set against a giant boulder that serves tasty Creole cuisine. The hotel is on Grand Cul-de-Sac, part of a nature reserve on the northeastern side that’s also home to the highly rated restaurant at Le Sereno resort. Not far, buzzy L’Esprit Saline serves a daily changing menu of fusion dishes by chef Jean-Claude Dufour. In the west, you’ll find gingerbread cottages housing elegant boutiques and restaurants in the picturesque capital of Gustavia, set along a yacht-ﬁlled harbor. Maya’s, which turns out a seasonal menu of fresh produce and fish, has been a favorite among regulars for three decades.
How to Get There
Excellent hotel. Very attentive staff and helpful from start to finish. Cons:I do think the sheets could have been changed better. And only two of the staff members had unprofessional attitude overall
We had an amazing stay at Le Barthelemy, the staff was really friendly and helpful, the hotel is beautiful and well-maintained, really nice breakfast and Sunday brunch. The location on the beach was great. We will be back!
Beautiful hotel. Friendly helpful and welcoming staff. Room was gorgeous and relaxing. Extensive food and wine menus. The staff makes you feel pampered as well as comfortable. We will definitely return.
Beautiful property but service and food a horror since last visit:
1. TV did not work for first 24 hours of stay! They gave a spa massage as compensation. Worst massage ever. Just put oil on me!
2. Breakfast: order a bagel: you get half a bagel!
3. Breakfast: order eggs Benedict. Get 2 eggs on one half muffin. See picture. Saving on muffin and ham. Cheap!
4. Breakfast: order 2 hard boiled eggs and get one soft boiled. Send back: get 2soft boiled eggs. Send back and get 2 refrigerated ice cold hard boiled eggs!
5. Pool entry steps were made too steep to get in pool.
6. At restaurant can wait 30 minutes after seated before someone comes to table with menu and ask about drinks. All 3 meals this happens everyday!
7. For my wife’s birthday they gave her a gift wrapped empty box!
All in all service everywhere is lacking any caring! This property will be sold or close soon once word gets out about poor service! Plenty of better places to stay on this island!
Hotel bedrooms are exceptional
Service and food certainly doesn’t match the beautiful setting or the bedrooms
BBQ last night the fillet steaks &lobster where over cooked
Avocados in the salad where black in parts
It took ages to get a drink
Today salad was 80% pre cut lettuce and very little topping
Poor value for money
The wine by the glass was warm and not chilled
Some staff training is needed
The buildings furnishing are 5star
The food & service max 4 star