The Iron Horse Hotel
What We Love
- Great location in Milwaukee’s hip Fifth Ward
- It’s a food lover’s dream — the Iron Horse has some of the hottest restaurants and bars in the city
- Motorcycle Madness: The Iron Horse has been designed to delight motorcycle fans
- All rooms have soaring ceilings and expansive windows
- Service is ultra-personal and customized, with staff ready to arrange things to see and do around town
- Guest bathrooms are smartly designed, with walk-in showers and rain-dome showerheads
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- The outdoor Yard restaurant is seasonal, open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- There’s a working freight railroad line next to the hotel, but rooms are well-insulated from noise
- Parking is valet only and costs $30 per night
- Although there’s no spa, massage and spa services can be booked in-room, and there’s a gym
- The hotel welcomes canine guests with treats and water (there’s a one-time $75 cleaning fee)
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Milwaukee (Fifth Ward), The Iron Horse Hotel is minutes from Great Lakes Distillery and Clock Shadow Creamery. This 4-star hotel is close to BMO Harris Bradley Center and Milwaukee Art Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 100 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 48-inch plasma televisions with cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with onsite body treatments and facials. This Art Deco hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in the lobby.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Milwaukee? This hotel has 4000 square feet (360 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. RV/bus/truck parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My husband and I needed to catch early flight the next day and so for our anniversary we chose Iron Horse! After walking to dinner we came back to champagne and a sweet note that was congratulating us on our anniversary. It was perfect!
We stayed at IHH for our first anniversary, where we were cheerfully wish a happy anniversary and delivered complimentary champagne and chocolate to our room. Thank you so much IHH for making our trip! So, so special! The room was absolutely stunning and I would recommend this hotel over any others in the area.
Very cool hotel. We spent quite a bit of time wandering around the hotel, enjoying the details. Everyone on staff was professional while being very friendly, approachable & laid back so service was great, the place was very clean, the downtown location was great & the beds were super comfortable. We will be back.
Spent a mid-day Sunday outside in "The Yard" at the Iron Horse hotel in Milwaukee. The setting was breathtaking! A great variety of comfortable seating. Beautiful hanging plants & outdoor drapery divided the space into multiple shared & personal spaces. Endless Mimosas were served by amazingly pleasant and accommodating staff, (shout-out to Ava for her outstanding attentiveness!). We were not rushed to leave but instead we're allowed to enjoy a leisurely pace as we relaxed in the beautiful surroundings.
We decided to try brunch at the Hotel! The hotel is lovely and Chris at the bar was awesome. Bottomless Mimosas did not disappoint!!!! I ordered the burger and fries which were delicious. My friend ordered the grits which were equally delicious! It’s a must if you are visiting Milwaukee!!