The Iron Horse Hotel
What We Love
- Great location in Milwaukee’s hip Fifth Ward
- It’s a food lover’s dream — the Iron Horse has some of the hottest restaurants and bars in the city
- Motorcycle Madness: The Iron Horse has been designed to delight motorcycle fans
- All rooms have soaring ceilings and expansive windows
- Service is ultra-personal and customized, with staff ready to arrange things to see and do around town
- Guest bathrooms are smartly designed, with walk-in showers and rain-dome showerheads
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- The outdoor Yard restaurant is seasonal, open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- There’s a working freight railroad line next to the hotel, but rooms are well-insulated from noise
- Parking is valet only and costs $30 per night
- Although there’s no spa, massage and spa services can be booked in-room, and there’s a gym
- The hotel welcomes canine guests with treats and water (there’s a one-time $75 cleaning fee)
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Milwaukee (Fifth Ward), The Iron Horse Hotel is minutes from Great Lakes Distillery and Clock Shadow Creamery. This 4-star hotel is close to BMO Harris Bradley Center and Milwaukee Art Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 100 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 48-inch plasma televisions with cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with onsite body treatments and facials. This Art Deco hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in the lobby.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Milwaukee? This hotel has 4000 square feet (360 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. RV/bus/truck parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Perfect hotel with everything you need. Rooms are a lot bigger and have a lot of amenities. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Very close to the casino in town. Sunday brunch was really good and would highly recommend.
Not your average hotel. We enjoyed our stay over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Visited and ate with family then had a wonderful time in Milwaukee. We went to the Harley Davidson Museum and Jasmine, front desk staff, even drove us there and back. Josh in valet, gave us excellent service and we gave him homemade cookies with his tip. Loved the breakfast at the Symth. Did not have any pets, but we enjoyed this pet friendly hotel.
My wife and I recently stayed at the Iron Horse for our honeymoon. The staff gifted us a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate when we checked in. The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel offers a vehicle service which we used to get dropped off at a nearby restaurant. Very accommodating. Would definitely recommend.
Nice hotel great and friendly staff. The staff is what actually makes it a great hotel. Our room was not very clean...quite a bit of dog hair on the carpet and some staining on the carpet. Just did not feel fresh. I like that its a dog friendly hotel and I know they charge extra when someone brings a dog but it did not seem as if that money went into cleaning this room. Also I booked two rooms and they spilt us between the 2nd and 6th floor which was not very convenient.
It was a great room size, lots of space - well organized. The bed was a little high and too soft for us. The bathroom was a an elegant with a size huge shower. Nice robes. We were served a delicious breakfast in our room. Staff was very friendly and accommodating