The Iron Horse Hotel
What We Love
- Great location in Milwaukee’s hip Fifth Ward
- It’s a food lover’s dream — the Iron Horse has some of the hottest restaurants and bars in the city
- Motorcycle Madness: The Iron Horse has been designed to delight motorcycle fans
- All rooms have soaring ceilings and expansive windows
- Service is ultra-personal and customized, with staff ready to arrange things to see and do around town
- Guest bathrooms are smartly designed, with walk-in showers and rain-dome showerheads
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- The outdoor Yard restaurant is seasonal, open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- There’s a working freight railroad line next to the hotel, but rooms are well-insulated from noise
- Parking is valet only and costs $30 per night
- Although there’s no spa, massage and spa services can be booked in-room, and there’s a gym
- The hotel welcomes canine guests with treats and water (there’s a one-time $75 cleaning fee)
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Milwaukee (Fifth Ward), The Iron Horse Hotel is minutes from Great Lakes Distillery and Clock Shadow Creamery. This 4-star hotel is close to BMO Harris Bradley Center and Milwaukee Art Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 100 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 48-inch plasma televisions with cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with onsite body treatments and facials. This Art Deco hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in the lobby.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Milwaukee? This hotel has 4000 square feet (360 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. RV/bus/truck parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Refurbishing and reusing old properties is a great way to revitalize a neighborhood. The Iron Horse Hotel operates in an old mattress factory, and many details of its previous life are displayed. It's on the south edge of the Menominee River Valley, a heavy industrial area and site of extensive of railroad yards and shops in the 19th and 20th centuries. So history is nearby, and the hotel is run in a modern and satisfying manner.
My experience was everything you’d want from a business trip. Room was big, bed was comfortable, Internet was easy to get on and fast. The food in the hotel bar area was great, with unique options and some local spirits. While there are lots of food options around, the ambiance at the Iron Horse made me want to stick around. Will definitely be back!
The Iron Hotel was a really fun place to stay in Milwaukee. We came as a family of six. The rooms are a nice size and the beds were super comfy. The hotel itself has a very cool, hipster vibe. The patio/ restaurant out back was so pretty and welcoming. We had drinks and snacks out there when we arrived. The staff in both places was helpful and friendly.