What We Love
- The hip, laid-back vibe of this stylish hotel
- An easy three-hour escape from Chicago
- Guestrooms are outfitted with mini kitchens (including a microwave and dishwasher) and European-style showers with multiple spray heads
- Dog-friendly property (bring Fido for a fee)
- The location is an easy walk to a rich mix of nightlife, restaurants and shopping, plus the UW campus
- Free WiFi throughout the hotel, and rental iPads available in the lobby
What To Know
- On-site restaurant the Wise closes for lunch and dinner on Sundays, and room service is limited to hours when the kitchen is open (it closes by 9 or 10 p.m. Mondays to Saturdays)
- Design sometimes trumps functionality: Business travelers may lament the guestrooms’ lighting and lack of comfortable workspaces
- Service staff can be minimal on Sundays
- Parking is free
- The hotel opened in January 2012
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at HotelRED in Madison, you’ll be minutes from Wisconsin Field House and Camp Randall Stadium. This hotel is within close proximity of University of Wisconsin Geology Museum and University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics.
Make yourself at home in one of the 48 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchenettes. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and 42-inch LCD televisions are provided for your entertainment. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are served on weekdays for a fee.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk and coffee/tea in the lobby. Planning an event in Madison? This hotel features 2250 square feet (203 square meters) of event facilities. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary during limited hours.
How to Get There
I enjoyed this Hotel and it's location. The decor was fun and modern. The restaurant was great. The staff were always friendly and ready to take requests. I had a great view of Camp Randall Stadium. I will choose this hotel again for future trips to Madison.
Hotel is a little old feeling, very slightly run down, I guess. Also no security! people can bypass the front desk to enter the elevator and be outside your door, just like that!
The bed wasn't comfortable, lumpy and I could feel the wood slats under it. (felt like a worn futon) and the fridge in the room made a whining sound all night. couldn't sleep
Free parking, shower was the best I've had at a hotel. Pillows are great too. hence 3 stars...
I would say for $250+ at an off peak time, there is way better values out there.
Great place for a quick get away. Walking or biking distance to everything downtown. Free B Cycle rentals were awesome. Grab a pitcher at the Union and come back to the Wise for a great dinner. Stay for drinks and play one of the many board games in the bar.
Excellent place to stay: staff is super friendly!!! Definitely a must to stay here!! Beds are very comfortable and the shower was awesome! Nice bonuses of robes in the rooms and munchies should you need them!
All the staff from the valet parking attendant whom I met first, then the front desk clerk, and later the cleaning staff were wonderful. The room was extremely comfortable and suitable for working, entertaining, or just resting. The kitchen amenities were very useful with high-quality appliances, dishes, cups and silverware. I also had the best shower experience, with high water pressure and body jets, that I’ve ever had in a hotel. The location was great, too. Near UW which meant plenty of shopping and nice restaurants. Even the hotel's referral for pizza was perfect.
I will only stay here in the future. Keep it up HotelRED, you have a customer for life!