Shangri-La Hotel – Kuala Lumpur
What We Love
- Resort-like activities in a city setting: a swimming pool and men’s and women’s saunas and whirlpools
- Afternoon tea in the classic lobby lounge
- The indulgent menu at Lafite
- Arthur’s Bar crafts drink specials like the Earl Grey with tea-infused gin
- Horizon Club rooms and suites include breakfast daily, personal concierges and L’Occitane or Bulgari bath products
What To Know
- Prices at the restaurants match the luxurious atmosphere
- Families will be best suited in a spacious Apartment Suite, which includes a kitchenette and dining area
- Women in Kuala Lumpur dress conservatively, and it’s rare to see them walking alone after dark
- Traffic at rush hour can easily double travel times
- The hotel was last renovated in September 2009
- Breakfast is an additional $24 per day for adults (12 and over) and $13 per day for children
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Shangri-La Hotel – Kuala Lumpur places you in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, minutes from Kuala Lumpur Tower and close to Petronas Twin Towers. This 5-star hotel is close to Merdeka Square and Petaling Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 662 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and body treatments. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
Stayed in this wonderful hotel over the weekend for a short getaway, planning to do nothing but to relax and chill out.
We arrived early, way before the check in time as the drive from Singapore took a lot shorter than was anticipated. We were given our rooms immediately and in fact upgraded one of our rooms to executive and the reception put us on the same floor without asking and we were grateful for such thoughtfulness. Service from check in to checkout was impeccable. The staff were always attentive but not intrusive, indeed a premier hotel.
The rooms were large, beds and pillows comfortable. Bathroom was very clean, with all the necessary amenities. Daughter loved the bath tub as she could have a "bath bomb" the 2 nights we were there.
Swimming pool was a bit of a let down but this hotel has got quite a few years behind it. We find the pool a little dirty, probably due to age. Ambience was great though, quiet enough to enjoy a book.
The gymnasium was large, with a large array of fitness equipment to meet most fitness needs of guests. There is also a small studio to do your stretching or yoga.
Breakfast was great catering to the various nationalities staying at the hotel, we liked the especially the fresh fruit juices (not cordials) and there was ice cream as well, for breakfast. First time seeing this at a buffet breakfast.
Location - situated in a business district. Those wanting to do some shopping, you will need to travel a wee bit further (walking distance for those more energetic people) to the mega malls like KLCC, Built Bintang area, but with the abundance of taxis and Grab, it is not a problem to go anywhere. Although we drove, we decided to leave the car in the hotel and make our way around KL by taxis or Grab, so that we do not have to deal with the traffic jams and looking for parking.
Will we stay at Shangri La KL again? Maybe, as there are lots of premier hotels to choose from with reasonable rates.
Would we recommend this hotel to friends? A Big YES.
The room is big, clean and comfortable. Overall service is very good and putting customers first with a charming smile. The decoration is also very attractive, pleasing and colourful. Will definitely stay in this hotel again!!
This was a package holiday via Southall Travel ( agent ). A friend and I were visiting Malaysia for the first time .
We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights , 4 days.
We spent a week in Langkawi first before travelling to KL.
The hotel was almost an hour from the airport .
It had 28 floors with some amazing restaurants , lounge, spa and a beauty salon .
The hotel is grand ,elegant and very welcoming with lots of orchids arrangements throughout the front of the hotel .
The staff were always eager and willing to help.
The concierge manager Muhammad Aliff and his well trained team were always at hand to assist with sight seeing , booking transport to printing boarding passes.
Live singers at night in the hotel foyer while the guest can order food and enjoy the ambience.
Our average size room on the 23 rd floor had a small bathroom with a very comfortable bed . It was well decorated with the city view .
Breakfast was elaborate with an array of cuisines. The chef on various counters were very hospitable .
The Japanese and the chinese restaurants were very classy serving some mouth watering food . The open kitchen in the Japanese restaurant
was very inviting .
It was a real treat to be invited to the lounge for cocktails and high tea in the afternoon by the duty manager Fairuz Sultan on our last day .
Although my birthday was in the following week she had organised a celebrations for us in the lounge.
A box of orchids was a gift from the concierge manager and his team .
Assistance in the airport from the airport manager Eddy Yusree was the icing on the cake .
I would definitely highly recommend the hotel for its location , staff , ambience , restaurants and services .
Some photos with hotel staff .
Stay here, don’t bother with anywhere else!
This was my second stay at the Shangri-La, but a first time using the horizon club. The service couldn’t have been better, for the extra money it is worth it in food/drink costs alone - but the welcoming feeling is priceless and makes you feel like a celebrity on holiday.
- The horizon club staff. Greeted by name every morning, this place makes you feel truly welcome. The food and beverage staff, concierge and of course Zie who always has a smile to greet you, we’re amazing.
- The horizon club foods. Eggs etc are fabulous, fast service and in a much quieter setting than downstairs. But the Malaysian offerings are the best - hard to beat the roti canai made fresh here each morning. The afternoon tea was full of Malaysian delights, I struggled to contain my second, third, fourth helpings of these. So delicious!
- The Nespresso machines in the rooms are a lovely touch. Handy for a mid morning coffee before work or adventures, and the option of decaf for later in the day.
- L’Occitaine shampoo, conditioner, body wash were lovely. Though the bottles are so tiny I struggled to get enough conditioner out each time.
- The gym, everything one could possibly need is there! Could do with some free weights in small sizes for women however, there was an overdose of larger free weights for men.
- The rooms. Whilst many say that these rooms are dated I prefer to think of them as traditional and warm. Every piece of the hotel is well maintained. From the corridors to the rooms, everything is well kept. Despite the older style of the rooms, there is not a chip or dent to be seen in any of the lavish wood fixtures and fittings. It was nice not to be in a super modern/cold hotel for once.
- The pool area needs a renovation.
- Children are left to run free around the horizon club during the drinks service - which is both disruptive for patrons and dangerous for the staff serving drinks. Given there is a family room, families should be urged to move in there so they don’t disturb other guests.
- The room service was not consistent in quality. Soups and salads were lovely, chicken rice and Nasi goreng were dry and flavorless. If you can, go downstairs the the lemongarden instead of ordering in.
Chose a club room, early check-in, late checkout. Use of the club room for afternoon tea and early evening cocktails which we could use until we exited the hotel early evening. Stunning view from our room 22nd floor. Staff outstanding. Perfect in every way possible.