Shangri-La Hotel – Kuala Lumpur
What We Love
- Resort-like activities in a city setting: a swimming pool and men’s and women’s saunas and whirlpools
- Afternoon tea in the classic lobby lounge
- The indulgent menu at Lafite
- Arthur’s Bar crafts drink specials like the Earl Grey with tea-infused gin
- Horizon Club rooms and suites include breakfast daily, personal concierges and L’Occitane or Bulgari bath products
What To Know
- Prices at the restaurants match the luxurious atmosphere
- Families will be best suited in a spacious Apartment Suite, which includes a kitchenette and dining area
- Women in Kuala Lumpur dress conservatively, and it’s rare to see them walking alone after dark
- Traffic at rush hour can easily double travel times
- The hotel was last renovated in September 2009
- Breakfast is an additional $24 per day for adults (12 and over) and $13 per day for children
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Shangri-La Hotel – Kuala Lumpur places you in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, minutes from Kuala Lumpur Tower and close to Petronas Twin Towers. This 5-star hotel is close to Merdeka Square and Petaling Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 662 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and body treatments. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
What can I say but just an amazing experience from Shangri-la as always. Spacious rooms and great buffet spread. Attentive staff always at hand to ensure you have a pleasant stay. Only suggestion if the rooms can be better lighted.
Hotel is walking distance to KLCC and Hard Rock Cafe.
Not a bad hotel in comparison to other central KL options. Very busy with families. Buffet restaurant is very busy, noisy, lots of kids and terrible service. La Fite restaurant nice but opening time is 7pm.
We are just checking out the hotel and we inly staid here for one night. It’s our honeymoon and they upgraded our room without our request. The hotel is amazingly maintained and very beautiful. We had a request to change our bed sheet at our arrival and they didn’t hesitate to send housekeeping staff in under a minute to change it and offered us to change the room for us if we like to which was not necessary. The service is absolutely 5 star, all staff are friendly, nice and helpful. We loved the security at check-in and the fact that elevator needs card to go up.
Don’t, Don’t miss the breakfast. Absolutely one of the best we have ever had. Variety of Oriental, Hendi, Arabic and western choices. You won’t be disappointed at all, the value is super great. By the way I loved how elevator floor announcement bell sound, cute and victorian :).
Thanks for the great stay.