Shangri-La Hotel – Kuala Lumpur
What We Love
- Resort-like activities in a city setting: a swimming pool and men’s and women’s saunas and whirlpools
- Afternoon tea in the classic lobby lounge
- The indulgent menu at Lafite
- Arthur’s Bar crafts drink specials like the Earl Grey with tea-infused gin
- Horizon Club rooms and suites include breakfast daily, personal concierges and L’Occitane or Bulgari bath products
What To Know
- Prices at the restaurants match the luxurious atmosphere
- Families will be best suited in a spacious Apartment Suite, which includes a kitchenette and dining area
- Women in Kuala Lumpur dress conservatively, and it’s rare to see them walking alone after dark
- Traffic at rush hour can easily double travel times
- The hotel was last renovated in September 2009
- Breakfast is an additional $24 per day for adults (12 and over) and $13 per day for children
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
A stay at Shangri-La Hotel – Kuala Lumpur places you in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, minutes from Kuala Lumpur Tower and close to Petronas Twin Towers. This 5-star hotel is close to Merdeka Square and Petaling Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 662 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and body treatments. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands. If you’d like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms. A train station pick-up service is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
I was stay in for 2 nights and was upset with the TV channels images/pictures quality, also the TV size.
The room is nice and big, bed is well enough with a comfort pillows.
But the TV's size must be upgraded since distance from bed is quite far, and it's images/pictures on TV was a blur.
The hotel has everything that's worth staying. With breakfast buffet which was truly amazing & varieties of dishes to choose from.The bed was very comfortable, with a large executive room with good view of park. Lastly, my commend goes dominic who assisted arranging a cake in the room for our 30th anniversary (THANK YOU) ,and to the staffs at the hotel for going beyond to provide a wonderful service throughout our stay. It was memorable !!!!
This was my first stay in this hotel in the month of November, 2019. I stayed there with my family for four nights. Hotel is really good and hotel staff is responsive to guests' requests. We were in Horizon Club Executive room at 20th Floor.
Breakfast was good and there were many options, especially at Level 'L' which has Lemon restaurant. However, I preferred breakfast in Horizon Club as it was less crowded.
There is a Indian restaurant very near to this hotel (Bombay Palace). Just opposite to this hotel, there is a 7-Eleven convenience store.