What We Love
- The resort faces Galle Face Green, Colombo’s elegant oceanfront promenade
- Guestrooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Indian Ocean or the city center
- Amenities include an outdoor pool, tennis and squash courts, and a fitness center
What To Know
- Free parking and free WiFi for up to two devices
- A choice of seven dining options, including Szechuan cuisine, Sri Lankan specialties and a top-notch steak house
- Club Rooms include access to the lounge, for all-day drinks and snacks, early arrival and late checkout, and laundry service for two garments per stay
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Set on 11 acres of manicured gardens, this 300-room resort enjoys a best-of-both-worlds location within strolling distance of Galle Face Green and the city center. The modern guestrooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Indian Ocean or the skyline, and a soothing pastel color scheme keeps things light and bright. Goosedown duvets and pillows, tea- and coffeemaking facilities and free WiFi come standard in all rooms, and the bathrooms are equipped with robes, slippers and Forest Essentials bath products made in India from natural ingredients. Upgrade to an Executive Suite for round-the-clock butler service, free high tea, and evening cocktails at the Taj Club Lounge. Seven restaurants and bars mean you can eat your way around the world without traveling far. Start with a morning coffee at Latitude, feast on Indian food for lunch at Navratna, and cap off the night with sushi or cocktails by the pool at Yumi.
In the Area
The hotel sits right along Colombo’s famous Galle Face Green, an oceanside promenade laid out by governor Sir Henry Ward in 1857, when Sri Lanka was under British rule. Today the busy green space is a popular spot for walkers, cricket players, kite flyers and street food vendors. Settle down at night to watch the sunset while feasting on the offerings from the stalls, or stroll down to the colonial-era Galle Face Hotel for a cocktail on the iconic veranda. When you’re ready to explore, Colombo’s major tourist sights, as well as shopping malls and the ritzy residential enclave of Cinnamon Gardens, are just a tuk-tuk ride away. Find a well-curated selection of original home goods and colonial knickknacks at Paradise Road Studio. Gambling is legal in Colombo for foreign passport holders, and two casinos, the MGM and Bellagio (no relation to the Las Vegas casino of the same name), are within easy reach.