What We Love
- Daily full English breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Two excellent restaurants on the estate, but Sunday lunches at Catherina’s are legendary for the live jazz
- Taste Steenberg’s award-winning wines – notably the Sauvignon Blanc and Nebbiolo – at the ultra-modern wine tasting center
- Warm, personal service from young but experienced staff
- Luxury of space and freedom of movement, whether you want to play a round of golf (reduced rates for hotel guests), walk or cycle through the vineyards, laze at the secluded swimming pool, or indulge in spa treatments at the hotel’s Gingko Spa
- Only a 20-minute drive to Cape Town
- Most of the guestrooms are in historic buildings surrounded by gardens and overlooking either the golf course or mountain. It’s quiet and close to nature
What To Know
- Good for families, couples and honeymooners. Not suitable for single or young travelers due to the lack of evening entertainment and distance from the city
- The hotel’s location, on an estate 20 minutes from the center of Cape Town, makes this a good base for day trips in and around the Cape Peninsula
- It’s not on the coast, but many of the Cape Peninsula’s best beaches are a 15-20 minute drive by car. The hotel also has a secluded swimming pool
- While the restaurants have stylish contemporary interiors, the hotel’s décor is very conservative by comparison. The rooms are luxurious and comfortable but don’t expect the same “wow” factor
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Parking On Site
Located in Cape Town (Lakeside), Steenberg Hotel is minutes from US Consulate General and Red The Gallery. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Steenberg Wine Estate and Steenberg Golf Estate.
Make yourself at home in one of the 24 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After practicing your swing on the golf course, you can enjoy other recreational amenities including an attached winery and an outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 5 km.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Cape Town? This hotel has 883 square feet (82 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a cruise ship terminal shuttle.
How to Get There
Steenberg was home base for my first trip to South Africa and I couldn’t have been more pleased and impressed. The staff was incredibly accommodating and kind, and when there was an unexpected issue with my room, they immediately upgraded me to a beautiful suite. The restaurants were amazing and such a great break between visits during the day. Can’t say enough good things. Would definitely make a return trip.
Knowing this very special estate for nearly 18 years we always appreciated the very individual style of running a hotel. History, landscape, challenging climate joined together with a wonderful service, a family like staff, the chef in Catharina´s restaurant creative with flavors of phantasy, a challenging golf course everything was perfect in a very sympathical way. Especially during the management of Gaby Gramm the hotel was phantastic. We just loved it. We are sorry to say under a new management the hotel changed the last years a lot. Now it´s all about money - the guests and the ( former professionell ) staff do not not matter any more. We are so sorry.
Experience says so! Every day is fresh, healing, and make you forget the stress. Staff is amazing, each one of them will assure that you will need nothing but having the best stay. Having fresh room daily is basic when you stay in any hotel, then it is soul awakening having fresh Lavender placed each point of the room after they refresh the room. Location is next to the golf course and middle of vineyard. We had a free wine tasting to Bistro 1682 which also one of a kind. In the same in Catharina's Restaurant, its Luxury, its Gourmet, its Spoiling!!! Thank you all.
I had the best time when staying at Steenberg Hotel. The Estate is beautiful and the staff were amazing. As a average Joe, I was treated like a queen. The experience will definitely stay with me forever and I will always be grateful for the beautiful experience. Can't wait to go back!!!
We booked for 18 people for a 3 day, 2 night stay with many changes before we got there. Can’t recall when last I was so impressed with such extraordinary levels of service from getting quotes and information to checking in and the actual stay. Rooms, restaurant and amenities were exceptional in every regard. Every request handled with speed and dedicated attention to detail. Dinner in a private room at Catharina’s was absolutely superb. Well done and much appreciation to all staff at Steenberg Hotel. Looking forward to visiting again.