What We Love
- Daily full English breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Two excellent restaurants on the estate, but Sunday lunches at Catherina’s are legendary for the live jazz
- Taste Steenberg’s award-winning wines – notably the Sauvignon Blanc and Nebbiolo – at the ultra-modern wine tasting center
- Warm, personal service from young but experienced staff
- Luxury of space and freedom of movement, whether you want to play a round of golf (reduced rates for hotel guests), walk or cycle through the vineyards, laze at the secluded swimming pool, or indulge in spa treatments at the hotel’s Gingko Spa
- Only a 20-minute drive to Cape Town
- Most of the guestrooms are in historic buildings surrounded by gardens and overlooking either the golf course or mountain. It’s quiet and close to nature
What To Know
- Good for families, couples and honeymooners. Not suitable for single or young travelers due to the lack of evening entertainment and distance from the city
- The hotel’s location, on an estate 20 minutes from the center of Cape Town, makes this a good base for day trips in and around the Cape Peninsula
- It’s not on the coast, but many of the Cape Peninsula’s best beaches are a 15-20 minute drive by car. The hotel also has a secluded swimming pool
- While the restaurants have stylish contemporary interiors, the hotel’s décor is very conservative by comparison. The rooms are luxurious and comfortable but don’t expect the same “wow” factor
- Free WiFi
- Golf Course
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Located in Cape Town (Lakeside), Steenberg Hotel is minutes from US Consulate General and Red The Gallery. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Steenberg Wine Estate and Steenberg Golf Estate.
Make yourself at home in one of the 24 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. After practicing your swing on the golf course, you can enjoy other recreational amenities including an attached winery and an outdoor pool. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 5 km.
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary full breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Cape Town? This hotel has 883 square feet (82 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a cruise ship terminal shuttle.
How to Get There
This really is a quality hotel. Set in a lovely vineyard setting, the rooms and bathrooms are very comfortable. The staff are very keen to help. Meals in the two restaurants are very good. It is very difficult to find anything negative to say. I have stayed at several local hotels and this is certainly as good if not better than they are.
From the moment of our champagne greeting in reception to our departure some 36 hours later we were looked after, cared for and generally wonderfully served by very attentive but discreet staff.
Our room was superbly equipped and luxuriously comfortable
Our dinner in the main restaurant was very good though the menu choice was a bit limited and the venue seems a bit "golf clubhouse" like.
Breakfast in the Wine Tasting venue up the hill was a real treat - as was the wine tasting session (free to hotel guests).
Walking the grounds is very pleasant and the pool & treatment suite have been very elegantly put together
The hotel is wonderful. The premier room is well worth the money. The staff is very attentive and the hotel offers great amenities. The tasting room and the restaurant attached to the tasting room (Bistro 1682) are delicious.