Hotel de Tuilerieen
What To Know
- The hotel is very well-located, right on the Dijver Canal, within easy walking distance of the main square
- The cozy bar and lounge has a fireplace
- Free WiFi isn't super reliable
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel de Tuilerieen in Bruges (Historical Center Bruges), you’ll be minutes from Groeningemuseum and Basilica of the Holy Blood. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Absolute Art Gallery and Arentshuis.
Make yourself at home in one of the 45 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Don’t miss out on recreational opportunities including an indoor pool and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a bite to eat at a coffee shop/café, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-out, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
We had treated ourselves to a really nice room overlooking the canal and it was worth every penny. The bed was high - that’s a positive! - and the windows low, offering us lovely views of the canal and the centuries-old buildings opposite. Beyond them, a perfect view of the famous Belfry. Our outer windows were crinkly and clearly original, some of them tinted.The staff could hardly have been warmer and the nice cozy bar had a warm fire. Central Bruges is picture perfect and our walk into the beautiful square of the Markt could not have been more than five minutes. Just along the road from the hotel is the Church of Our Lady, the second-highest brick-built structure in Europe. Unfortunately, their Michelangelo was under restoration. Also the Groeningsmuseum, a treasure trove of Flemish art, with a Bosch, some van Eycks, and a Magritte. So, the treasures of wonderful Bruges are absolutely right there. Our room was spotless, warm, and very well appointed. We very much appreciated the Nespresso type coffee machine and the twin wardrobes with robes and slippers. An oddity was that the toilet faced the shower in the same glass cubicle, separated by a swinging glass door, but it worked! Their breakfast was a rather ridiculous 25 euros so we passed on that, but there are decent cafes just a couple of minutes away and by the way a really nice restaurant right next door. A lovely three- night stay.
Unfortunately my family and I became unexpectedly ill, 7 month old, 2 year old and myself where we were put on antibiotics due to serious infections. Due to this, we unexpectedly had to cancel our NYE plans much to our disappointment. When my husband called the hotel to see if we could move our travel dates to a few weekends later they rudely told us no because it was booked as non refundable. We were extremely saddened to hear how unsympathetic they were to our situation especially since we were not asking for a refund but just to adjust the dates. We lost thousand of pounds because of their inability to make an adjustment. We even asked to pay a change fee and they did not agree to this either. I know they will resell our room and make additional money, instead of helping out a family in need. I truly hope if their family became ill and they needed to adjust their travel arrangements the hotel they booked will be a lot nicer and understanding to them instead of how rude and inconsiderate this manager was to us.
We stayed here on the 8th December. I hadn't really researched the hotel, I just knew it was well located. What a pleasant surprise. The room was incredible with a lovely comfortable bed. The pool was small but very enticing. The bar was lovely but the breakfast... the breakfast was one of the best I have ever had. Would live to go back next year and enjoy Advent in this fabulous town in this great hotel.
We came to stay at this hotel, 2 couples each with a baby. We booked Canal view rooms. Ours were on the second floor (233 & 234) which were nice. Each room had a cot and they provided a mini dressing gown, mini slippers and some baby wash - which was a nice touch. My only complaint about the rooms was that the pillows were very small and uncomfortable (although this is personal preference.)
The hotel bar was also lovely and festive with an open fire, which was great to warm up by after the end of a cold day. (It was freezing!!)
The hotel is also in an excellent location for all sightseeing etc. Just a short walk from most places.
Unfortunately, the good ended there.
We booked this hotel under the impression they give of being a family friendly hotel.
1. They charge an additional €25 per night for a cot in your room. As we were told this is infact on the website and in our case on booking.com but in the very small print under ‘house rules.’ The cot was very small (my 20 month old only just fitted) and the mattress very hard. The sheet wasn’t fitted and indeed, didn’t fit and they provided a pillow case and no pillow. For €25 per night you would think they would make up the cot during house keeping - but no. How on earth do they justify this cost?
2. The breakfast room only has 1 highchair for the entire hotel. So if you don’t get there first then no highchair for your child!!
3. The hotel should have made it clear when we checked in that food was not available in the evenings apart from room service specifically to your bedroom. As our babies were sleeping in our rooms this wasn’t an option for us. We asked if there was somewhere else in the hotel we could order room service to (the bar? the empty lounge? the breakfast room? another bedroom?) but we were just met with a massive no from the incredibly inflexible and abrupt assistant manager. Apparently, something to do with Belgian licensing laws, but surely another empty bedroom would be subject to the same licensing laws as our bedroom (the hotel was not at full occupancy.)
All in all, the hotel was fine but FAR from the family friendly place they purport to be.
If you are travelling without kids then it is probably perfect however if you are travelling with kids, I would pick somewhere else.
Everything was top, room, bathroom.
One of the most best breakfasts ever!
Stuff very politie and helpfull!
Small but verry cosy Wellens
Parking available at the back of hotel makes it easy, otherwise you have to pay each 4 hours.
Situated at the river with everything verry closeby in the middle of the center!!!