The Historic Davenport, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- Plush beds outfitted with Frette linens
- A 5,000-piece stained glass ceiling and stuffed peacocks in the Peacock Room Lounge
- High-tech CACI Ultra facials in the Davenport spa
What To Know
- Not every room has a bathtub
- Self-parking is almost as expensive as valet parking
- The hotel caters for weddings and large corporate groups
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
A regional treasure, the Davenport Hotel opened in downtown Spokane in 1914 and is now a grand city landmark. Guest rooms have historical flourishes like toile curtains, stately armoires, and elaborately carved headboards. The hotel’s contemporary younger sister, the 21-floor Davenport Tower, opened across the street in 2007 with a safari theme that celebrates world travel—the foyer houses gold leaf rhinoceros and hippopotamus statues. They share an elegant all-day grill, peacock-themed lounge, and results-oriented spa.
In the Area
Both the Davenport Hotel and the Davenport Tower are in downtown Spokane’s theater district, close to the Bing Crosby Theater and the Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox, which hosts touring Broadway musicals, ballet performances, and symphony concerts. Also nearby is Steam Plant Square, a renovated factory that’s now home to hot tech companies, indie boutiques, and destination restaurants like the Steam Plant Grill, a brewery and restaurant.