The Westin Bellevue
What We Love
- Westin’s signature Heavenly Beds and spa-like Heavenly Baths
- A program that lets guests rent New Balance running shoes and workout clothes
- Regional wines and savory bites at the Cypress Lounge & Wine Bar
What To Know
- WiFi is $12.95 for 24 hours
- Parking is a bit pricey ($25 per night for self-parking; $29 for valet)
- Pets up to 25 pounds are allowed
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Catering to the tech-industry business travelers who visit Bellevue, the Westin aims to be an antidote high stress. Rooms have a soothing white-on-beige color palette, free Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas, abundant natural light, and spa-like bathrooms. Those who prefer to sweat out their stress can hit the 24-hour gym, which has terrific views, top-line equipment, and a lap pool. By morning, the Cypress Lounge & Wine Bar serves a breakfast buffet; at night, it helps guests wind down with regional wines, craft beers, and small plates.
In the Area
The Bellevue Arts Museum, a short distance away, spotlights contemporary art, craft and design. Further afield, the Bellevue Farmers Market offers locally grown fruits, vegetables, and flowers, and the nearby Woodinville wine region includes more than 90 wineries and was recently named one of America’s 50 most amazing wine experiences by Food & Wine magazine. Visual pleasures abound at the Bellevue Botanical Garden, about a 20-minute walk from the hotel, covers more than 53 acres.
How to Get There
really enjoy staying in this hotel each trip to Bellevue. Rooms are great, modern and very clean. Breakfast choices are good, and Scott in the bar makes a superb spicy Bloody Mary. the location of the hotel is perfectly located outside the entrance to the Bellevue mall also.
We had a very nice stay at the Westin Bellevue. It was our first time in Bellevue and staying at this property. We came with our extended family and so had a bunch of children (all under 7) in our group - so needless to say we were loud. The hotel was nice and the pool area was perfect. Patti helped us secure a connecting executive room so our families could spend time together - it was great.
A few issues we found:
- Staff were extremely pushy to clean our rooms the first morning. We were all in the room having our breakfast and staff came in to make the beds and clean up even though we were in there - seemed odd and bit aggressive.
- As a platinum member I'm used to a few extra perks as part of staying with Bonvoy properties. However at this property that was not the case. While we were upgraded to a suite - which was great, I was also informed (or misinformed I should say) that breakfast would part of our stay - like it is in other Marriott properties - however, this was not the case. Thus, the first morning we had a handful of hungry mouths to feed - and so had to make a last minute run to Safeway down the street to make sure we didn't have some cranky hungry kids. When I called to inquire further, I felt like I was given the run around on this and only upon check-out did Chelsea say we could have be provided this complimentary.. a bit late though.
We will be making future trips to Bellevue - just not sure we'd stay at the Westin again.
Overall, wonderful except that we were charged over $400.00 for our room on the first night; the other nights were, as expected, a little over $200.00 /night. This came as a very unexpected surprise - made worse because my colleague and I were charged for the first night (the other nights were paid for by our institution). Had we known ahead of time the cost for that night, we would have been able to make other arrangements. So, lovely hotel with lovely employees, but hard to recommend due to the room rate variability and the inability of front desk to give a room rate ahead of time.