Montage Deer Valley
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Montage Deer Valley in Park City (Deer Valley), you’ll be close to Egyptian Theatre and Deer Valley Resort. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Park City Museum and Kimball Art Center.
Make yourself at home in one of the 220 air-conditioned rooms featuring fireplaces and LCD televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while iPod docking stations and cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and designer toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the convenience of ski-in/ski-out access at this resort, which also features 3 spa tubs. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and supervised childcare/activities. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Park City? This resort has 55,000 square feet (5110 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
We arrived at the Montage Deer Valley this morning after an early morning trip to be greeted by Alexander Dobbs at the front desk. He was absolutely wonderful!!! He was kind, knowledgeable, and went WAY above and beyond what we would have ever expected to make sure we had everything we needed. He made the check-in process easy and we couldn’t be happier - even though it’s only our first day!!! They have a wonderful gentlemen making an extraordinary first impression at the front desk!!! We are looking forward to our stay!!
- good beds, pillows
- nice spa
- good food choices
- free transport services
- great staff
- typical charmless gigantic US hotel with no style...doesn't fit into the surrounding area (but the whole area is just an example of suburban sprawl anyway...)
- of course overpriced for what you get (as with every so-called nicer ski hotel in the US)...and you'd get nickeled and dimed for everything
- not really ski-in/out...and the great ski areas are quite a bit away
Another example that European ski hotels are much much better and more affordable...isn't there a market opportunity for stylish (and affordable/reasonably priced) US luxury ski hotels?!?!
The Montage Resort includes the offerings and amenities of what you would expect from a luxury ski hotel. There are fireplaces in every room, amazing restaurants and wine offerings, and beautifully appointed spa and fitness area. There are pros and cons to this property:
1. The sports fitting area at the basement level is amazing. You rent your skis on property and they keep your boots warm (literally) and help you put your boots on every day. This was especially nice for the children since they had trouble with their boots. By the end of the trip I was asking them to put my boots on too! The guys who bring your skis out and keep things organized are friendly and VERY attentive.
2. The bowling ally was awesome for when you're tired of skiing ...
3. You don't need to rent a car, coordinate a lux transfer from airport and the hotel will drive you wherever you need to go up and down the mountain to main street park city! (No charge, only tip).
4. It is ski in and ski out, but upon skiing deer valley resort I realize just about everything is there! I think you would be hard pressed to find something that wasn't.
5. The hotel photographer was surprisingly affordable ($250) and gave us a USB drive of over 50 photos (edited about 12). He was great to work with.
1. Room rate: We initially were in a double room and paying $1300 per night. It was cramped and didn't help matters that it was a handicap accessible room (my husband is 6'2" and had trouble in the bath/shower). At that price point, you would expect that the toilet to have a door to separate from the shower area. It made things difficult for a family of four getting ready in the mornings. We upgraded to a suite for a "deal" of $2300. I believe the going rate was more like $3600/night. I have stayed at penthouses at Orlando Four Seasons for the same rate and felt much more value for the price.
2. Any time we called for service (housekeeping to pick up laundry, housekeeping to make out sofa bed, engineers to check the gas smell in the room) the appropriate department would say "We will be right up." Well, right up could mean hours. On every occasion across the board I had to call the department multiple times. The hotel is very spread out with multiple elevators and access points, I feel that they may have been under staffed during this busy spring break time.
3. The kids club was very expensive and looked pretty sad. With as many activities they have to offer (swimming, bowling, playing in the snow, etc.) the room was basic. Again, I'm comparing it to the Four Seasons (KFAS) and if the Four Seasons scored a 9/10 in this category, I would give the Montage a 1.
4. I expected the meals to be expensive, but at the very least for a family of 4 every meal was $100-300. When alcohol was included meals were closer to $500-1000 per meal. There are three restaurants on property and you absolutely must make reservations or you could be "stuck" on property and have a 2 hour wait.
A very large resort with all amenities. Depending were your room is located your walk can be a long one to the main lobby. The vistas are breathtaking and most areas are peaceful and very relaxing. Shuttles run into town but we had to wait for them way too long so opted to take our car. There are many sites in the area you can visit. Gorgeous hiking paths were you can take in the beautiful sites.
Spent two nights at the Montage in Deer Valley. Great location off the slopes. Great room, with fire place and heated bathroom floors. The service was excellent. The in house ski shop and service was excellent. Will definitely rebook.