Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South
What We Love
- A four-star hotel in Vienna's flourishing business district – includes breakfast and the city taxStaying in a peaceful and tranquil neighborhood on the outskirts of the city
- Hopping on the excellent public transit and zipping into the historic city center
- Starting each day with a delicious buffet breakfast in the morning
What To Know
- The hotel isn't centrally located but you can easily catch a bus or taxi, or connect to the metro, and be downtown within 25 minutes
- There's a mini gym and sauna
- Free WiFi is fast and reliable
How to Get There
room 112 is a good choice as it is near to ground floor and have on the same floor free of charge sauna and fitnes. I liked the most kindness and professional attitude of hotel staff. Lady at reception Renata Otv. was very kind and helpfull and because hotell was not fully booked arranged me late check out, so I can stay in my room and finnish my work. Internet speed decent stable and 12Mb up and downlink steam no problem. If you come with car, garage might be a little bit expensive as it is 20 EUR / per night 24 hours... you can eneter and leave with car as many times as you want but still 20 EUR is a little bit high for this location. Breakfast standard and rich, and enough space so even if there is a group of tourists you can find you calm spot. I would defenetely recommend hotel as I value kindness of hotel staff and location of hotel. Some cheapper rooms might have only shower and not bath, but I do not take this as disadvantage. To get refreshing shower is more than tnough. If you need quick lunch, hotel offer nice offers which are not too expensive. hotel offer in lobby also a small business desk where you can browse internet and print out from hotel computer anything you need free of charge.
I was worried about the distance between this hotel and the center city but the combination of excellent public transportation and the availability of low-cost Uber rides in Vienna made this an excellent value. The hotel is situated next to a park on one side and a business area on the other. It has a bus stop that can get you to the U-bahn line in a couple of minutes just a half block away. The area is quiet at night and there is a grocery just a block away for water and fruit to keep in your room refrigerator. The staff was very helpful. I especially liked the on-site restaurant for some breakfasts and an very reasonable dinner buffet. If you are looking for old world charm this is not the place but there is lots of that elsewhere in the city. This is a haven for rest after long days of tourist activity or as a great business lodging. If you are a Hilton Honors member this place is an unbelieveable bargain.
This resort is great place to stay with friendly staff and clean rooms. Nice sauna and gym. It’s close to the center aswell. Price is good, just expect to pay for parking. I recommend this hotel for business and leisure travel.
We were part of a tour group and we stopped over for a night at Hilton Garden Inn Vienna South. We were allocated a room on the 1st floor, which was big. As we were a triple sharing group, we had a sofa bed and a double bed. There is kettle with coffee and tea. Ironing board and iron are in the wardrobe. The bed and pillows were very soft which was to my liking. The only toiletries in the bathroom is a dispenser for hair and body wash and a box of tissue.
Buffet Breakfast is served from 6:30am. There is an egg station for omelette. There are also scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon, sausages and ham and much more. There is a self-service waffle maker. I like the waffles with the different toppings. There is an assortment of teas and a coffee machine.
We did not have time to check out the hotel facilities as we have to check out after breakfast to continue on our tour.
1. Room given had not been cleaned, dirty rumpled bedding used towels on floor.
2. With difficultly told housekeeping, they came we started unpacking, then went down to reception while it was cleaned and readied.
3.at reception informed we had to go to another room, told repack and move.
4.we were unsure, we did not speak German they didn't understand English and that is all the weekend staff had the same restriction. This an international hotel!
5. We tried to have lunch , all signs indicated that it was available every day 12 till 2. It was closed only open week days. There were many of us with same need.
6. lunch locally some tried very little available, majority closed, only open weekdays.
7. Reception was not full of brochures about the delights locally, no information about Vienna the city, learnt from others catch a bus to the train station the train into city. No written information on this at all.
8.the staff were indifferent to the guests because of the language barrier, there was no evidence of any competent managers on site over the weekend.A problem indicated in previous reviews.
Generally Hotel is there to accommodate business week day travellers , for this it would be fine. But if you are tourist, filling rooms is all Hilton are interested in. It is shameful and a gave very bad impression of a country and it's people. Hilton you are to blame for lack of proper management, particularly staff indifference and sheer bad manners.
Why not have language app available in reception to allow clear communication, so simple?