Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice, you’ll be centrally located in Venice, steps from Bridge of Sighs and Doge’s Palace. This 5-star hotel is close to St. Mark’s Basilica and Rialto Bridge.
Make yourself at home in one of the 215 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take in the views from a rooftop terrace and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. This hotel also features babysitting/childcare (surcharge) and wedding services.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. This hotel has 4 meeting rooms available for events.
How to Get There
The service is top notch. Check-in was gracious and smooth and every time I called or emailed the concierge they delivered fast and efficiently (I complained about the toiletries and they brought me better ones). Rooms are small (at least the deluxe room I stay). Breakfast is generous (maybe they should present it better???) and views from top-roof are lethal.
I missed a Nespresso machine in the room (I had the impression that this is a staple for all Luxury Collection member hotels).
I could not believe to read all the negative comments about this historic landmark right next to St. Marcus Square. After two nights and a more than disappointing dinner I must admit, the critics were appropriate. I have over 75.000 readers in this forum, I do not write furiously critics just like that. But this hotel is a disgrace for Marriotts Luxury Collection. And to make this very clear: I am a Marriott PLATNIUM customer. I honestly asked myself how they treat the average hotel guest. In detail: we had requested a refurbished room. Upon arrival I did ask again "is this a refurbished room". Reply: "ma certo, Singore". Of course it was not. The rooms are in a completely outdated 70ties look and nothing you would expect at EUR 500 a night. The restaurant offers a totally inadequate food quality. I must say this was absurd. Any trattoria around the corner serves better pasta, the service was completely desinterested, I had to walk (!) to the waiter to get served twice. The price is outrageous. It may very well be that Danieli can provide this kind of "quality" because guests will be coming never the less. But this lack of service and basic hospitality standards were utmost disappointing. I have to agree: Never again.
Just back from a wonderful trip to Venice, including one night at the Danieli.
1. Views: The Lagoon/Grand Canal views from all three of the Danieli buildings are among the most spectacular in Venice...meaningfully better than the views from the Gritti Palace, for example, because the location of the Danieli is beyond the end of the Grand Canal, looking back toward the big church and Grand Canal with great sunset views, or across the Lagoon with so many other great Vistas. It's also fun to watch the hustle and bustle of the gondolas and tourists, based, etc. below. If you can get a Lagoon view room with a walk out balcony, you Coen hours just absorbing and watching. Keep the patio doors open and you'll be entertained by gondaliers signing opera. Note: there are on 8 rooms and 2 suites with Lagoon view balconies.
2. Lobby: Grand elegance.
4. Restaurant: we only had breakfast, but very nice and in spring/summer, roofdeck would be amazing (closed during off season).
5. Location: right in front is all major transportation: bus stop, water taxis, gondolas, etc., and just around the corner is Doge's Palace, St. Marks Square, etc.
1. Bathrooms and small and bathtub showers are tight, awkward.
2 Rooms are small.
3. Hotel is disjointed, combines 3 buildings with interior walkways up and down stairs. Difficult to wheel your own luggage. Windy corridors to get to lobby.
4. Low Tech: tiny flat screen TV in corner of room, no outlets next to bed for recharging.
The Hotel Danieli is incredible! There service was amazing, the room was impeccable, and it was such an exciting experience to stay in a 14th century palace! They treat you like royalty here!! The food was excellent, the hotel was overall tidy, and the staff was welcoming and kind. I would definitely recommend this hotel!!!👍👍👍
This is an outstanding hotel in a wonderful city. The location is simply the best, there is no better.
The arrival experience was fantastic, the staff were very professional navigating the bureaucracy associated with staying in any hotel in Italy.
The room was pure opulence, a very traditional experience, wonderful bed and linens great maid service. The condition of the decor was good - not fantastic, part of the room should be repainted. In the corridors carpets were threadbare in parts.
The hotel bar area was good with a great drinks list, as you might expect in Venice super expensive, the service was excellent.
For such a luxury hotel the public spaces are very limited with few intimate spaces.
A great stay, attentive staff, expensive.