Duodo Palace Hotel
What We Love
- A gorgeous hotel, housed in a 17th-century building, with breakfast and an island excursionBeing treated to a welcome drink on arrival
- The central location, just a five-minute stroll from Piazza San Marco and Teatro La Fenice
- Experiencing colorful Murano island, with its renowned glass-making tradition
What To Know
- Water taxis can pick you up right from the front door of the hotel as it's located on a small canal
- You're just a couple minutes walk from St Mark's Square and Gran Teatro Le Fenice
- Free WiFi is fast
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Duodo Palace Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in Venice, steps from Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo and La Fenice Opera House. This 4-star hotel is close to Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s Basilica.
Make yourself at home in one of the 28 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include safes, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk and an elevator (lift).
How to Get There
Just had a 3 day break in Venice. We stayed at the Duodo Palace Hotel, it was wonderful. Beautiful clean rooms, the staff were exceptionally helpful. The hotel has charming character. If we go again this is were we will be staying, just couldn't fault it. The only thing I will say is Venice is like a maze, so finding your way back to the hotel is not easy, even with a map, so make a note of land marks. Ours was turn tight at Jimmy Choos lol
I cancelled my reservation and received a cancellation number (months in advance). I then found that they charged my credit card anyway. Despite attempts to discuss this with the hotel, they are not interested in what I have to say. The credit card company will of course, subtract the charge from my account but it has been a hassle to deal with. I would NOT recommend this hotel!
Stay somewhere else.
My parents stayed here for years, so I went in December, 2017. Duodo is a lovely little hotel, with a nice, friendly, helpful staff. My room was very small, but quite nice, with a full bathtub and a small seating area.
The hotel is hard to find, as all places in Venice are, it's at the end of a dead-end street/alley, just off the La Fenice Opera House square. It's a nice location because it's quiet in the dead-end, but only a block from shops, the Opera House and restaurants.
There was a little wine/cafe next to La Fenice that I stopped in about 4 times. You can order a glass of wine and a small bite to eat at the counter and enjoy a break (or breakfast) for a reasonable price!
*The most important thing about Venice is that the streets are jammed with people, and most "streets" are alley width. You are pulling your suitcase over cobble stones, and up/down the little bridge stairs over all the canals. So don't bring the huge suitcase because you will regret lugging it and squeezing between hoards of people.
Duodo does have canal access, so if you can afford it, you may prefer to hire a water taxi to take you directly to/from the hotel. I walked, but it was off-season, Christmas was a wonderful time to visit as Venice was very quiet!
This hotel is expensive for what they offer. I will never stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone.
- Rude staff: The female receptionist was courteous and helpful, but the male receptionist was very rude.
- I had a reservation for 1 night there, my flight got cancelled so I reserved another night there, I was told it was going to be 290 EUR, the next morning a supervisor or manager tried to charge me more stating that the rooms were going for more in Expidia.
- AC issues: We had to change rooms for our 2nd night, the room was on the 5th floor and it was very hot. We called the receiptionist at 3am to let him know the AC was not working, he replied by saying “ I am sorry and ended the call”
- At check out I mentioned the AC situation to him, but he replied by saying "I am just the receptionist Madam, I can’t give you a discount, assuming I was only complaining to get a discount.
- Location: The Hotel is not very close to Plaza San Marcos, it is a good 20 minutes walk if you know your way to the hotel.
Having AC problems and rude staff is not acceptable. There are other options.
The hotel is beautiful and cozy, but the room we stayed in was unbearable, the air conditioner can not freeze, I woke up at 4:00 am with amazing 28 ° C (82.4 ° F) temperature. I could not sleep! I complained and they told me to try to fix more but they did not solve the problem. I do not indicate and I will not be back.
L'hotel è bello e accogliente, ma la camera in cui siamo stati era insopportabile, il condizionatore d'aria non può congelare, mi sono svegliato alle 4:00 con incredibile temperatura di 28 ° C (82,4 ° F). Non potevo dormire! Mi sono lamentato e mi hanno detto di provare a sistemare di più ma non hanno risolto il problema. Non indico e non tornerò.
O hotel e bonito e aconchegante, mas o quarto que ficamos o calor era insuportavel, o arcondicionado nao consegue gelar, acordei as 4:00am com incriveis 28°c (82,4°F) de temperatura. Nao consegui dormir direito!! Reclamei e eles mandaram tentar arrumar mais nao resolveram o problema. Nao indico e nao voltarei.