relexa Hotel München
What We Love
- A central and modern Munich hotel, with breakfast includedThe hotel's super central location in the heart of the city
- Savoring authentic German breakfasts every morning
- Taking in Munich’s infamous architecture, boutique shops and restaurants – all on your doorstep
What To Know
- Just a 5-minute walk from the main train station, Munich Hauptbahnhof, and 15 minutes from Marienplatz
- Stylish bathrooms feature transparent glass doors – something to consider if you're staying with friends or family
- Free WiFi is hit or miss
Located in the buzzing heart of Munich, relexa is a modern and stylish hotel situated just a stone’s throw from the city’s most renowned landmarks. Promising contemporary accommodation, local touches and slick German hospitality, this is the perfect city base for you to make the most out of your stay in Munich.
Using locally sourced ingredients from the nearby Viktualienmarkt (Munich’s famous food market), the hotel serves up regionally inspired fare accompanied by an impressive selection of local beers, wines and spirits. Alongside the on-site facilities available, the hotel is also handily located close to a number of restaurants, bars and boutique shops well worth routing out.
How to Get There
First impressions matter and ours, as Americans on our first visit to Germany, reinforced the stereotype of cold German bureaucracy. They efficiently processed us but not before shushing my wife off the arm a weighting room chair she perched on while - well, waiting. The room was spare but clean and nicely appointed with what we assumed was a Euro touch. Even though our room faced a busy street (our daughter’s faced an inner courtyard which is recommended) it was relatively quiet except for the midnight ambulances and drag racing sports cars. We didn’t hear any other guests (although we know others were staying there). We didn’t use the breakfast service. When we asked for two more pillows, they were very accommodating. I’d say, all in all, very professional and well run. It’s very convenient to the train station (maybe a 10 minute brisk walk) as well as the Marienplatz Christmas Markets (a highlight of the trip) maybe 30 minutes. I’d stay here again - it was fine.
3 night leisure stay with 2 couples. Pleasant decor, very clean, room was a good size, location was good enough.
The bathroom is not a design triumph, you can basically hear and see everything as there is no door through to the sink and the shower has a clear door and the toilet has frosted, open at the bottom type door, not great.
We couldn’t get the heating to work properly (staff did come and look, but just said the engineer would look at it in the morning) so the room was not at a comfortable temp, especially as it was 1 degree outside, to top that, on the last evening we were there the housekeeper left both of our windows open!
They clearly have a linen delivery or something at 6am every morning, very noisy, after that you can hear the cleaning staff taking their equipment out of the shed at the back.
Breakfast had a nice selection, we had it included which was great, what wasn’t so great was being moved out of the breakfast room whilst still drinking our coffee at 10.05 am, worked in hotels all my life, that is not the done thing, I understand they need to clear but we were only one table, could they not have done everything else they needed to do they ask us to move along.
The mini bar was empty except for one bottle of water, you could order drinks but there was a tray charge! There was tea and coffee facilities.
Does what it says in the tin bit could be so much better.
- Very modern, spacious and clean room. We always came back to a tidy and fresh room each evening
- Excellent shower
- The free foot moisturiser was a nice touch and came in very useful
- They let us check in over 2 hours early
- Very good value being so close to main station and tram and bus lines
- Room got very hot at night and even by using thermostat we couldn’t get it cooler so we had to open window which was very noisy as main road right outside
- Not the comfiest bed slept on in a hotel
- Although the shower is very good it did take 3-4 mins each evening for the water to heat up
- There is only a glass door between the toilet and the main room which doesn’t go from ceiling to floor - not great for privacy!
Overall it does its job and is in a great location but there are some things that it could and should do better on to be a 4 star hotel
I was forced by my company reservation system to stay in Relexa Dusseldorf for couple of nights. Aside from their bare motel-like rooms, they made me the problem of not being able to expense it to my company. They invoiced me in Euros and charged my company credit card in USD, as a result the numbers on company automated expense report does not match to accept. After contacting them many times their final answer is simply we can not change anything! They can not give me an invoice in USD for the charge they made in USD in my company credit card!!! Nor they can reverse the charge in USD and recharge in Euros according to their invoice! Any crappy grocery store in North America can reverse a charge, then this crappy hotel which thinks it is international, can not!
I am definitely following up this with our credit card company, and our system to remove them from eligible hotels to book on our system.
We had a nice stay here but the lasting impression was of how expensive it is. The underground parking was extortionate but with no other choice you had to pay. Drinks in the hotel was also very expensive and in contrast to places outside and around the hotel. A nice hotel and immaculately clean with very friendly staff, but I would not go back due to its pricing policy.