What We Love
- Breakfast and a bottle of sparkling wine at a four-star spa hotel near Munich's Englischer GartenCatching a live DJ spot at Theos Bar
- Admiring the giant pagoda at the nearby Englischer Garten, one of the largest on the globe
- Wallowing in the Garden Spa's two saunas and steam room
What To Know
- The hotel has a fun beer garden and outdoor terrace (this is Munich after all!)
- Some guestrooms have charming balconies overlooking the courtyard
- Free WiFi
Home to raucous Oktoberfest and some of Germany’s chicest boutiques and restaurants, Munich is a city that squares up to Berlin in the cool stakes. Pullman Munich is in the bohemian Schwabing district, a leafy stroll from the Englischer Garten, one of the largest parks in the world.
Theos Restaurant serves fresh and unfussy wholesome food among minimalist soft-grey furnishings and the cocktail bar is open late, with regular DJ slots. To soothe post-party heads, there’s spa with a sauna, a steam room and a massage menu. Pullman Munich nabbed a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014.
How to Get There
This luxury and stylish hotel has especially clean and spacious rooms. Located conveniently in Munich's Bohemian District near the English Garden. The hotel garden is pretty cool with its colourful lounge chairs. Overall, we had a comfortable one night stay here!
Stayed here for almost 2 weeks in Feb, during my annual trip to our Munich HQ. It was my first time staying at the hotel, as I was unable to secure a booking in previous trips.
- Friendly and helpful front desk staff; always interacting with a jolly mood
- Rooms are bigger than I'm accustomed to in Munich and at this price range
- Nice balcony for smoking or just for chilling out
- Good breakfast with enough quality and variety, although they don't change on daily basis; wait staff are friendly and attentive
- Small gym and spa; a plus since the other hotels I stayed in this price range don't normally have them
- Covered walkway to the restaurant has a nice gallery from a local artist
- Nicely located:
- 50 or so meters away from Nordfriedhof U-Bahn
- 500 and 650 meters away from 2 nice Bavarian restaurants (1 of them at the English garden)
- 650 or so meters away (to the east) from the English garden
- 500 meters away from a good Italian restaurant
- across the street to a aphoteke (pharmacy), ATM and weekend market (Saturdays only)
- various other shops in the area
- Very slow internet connection, think dial-up speeds hehe. In this day and age of fast net connections, I find this quite unacceptable and makes me think twice about booking the hotel in the future
Great hotel in brilliant location. 6 stops on underground from Marienplatz. Underground stop 50m from hotel (€2.90 one way). Lufthansa airport bus stop is 5 minutes walk (11€ each one way - 30 minutes) hotel next to Englischer garden across road. Rooms were very good with balcony. Included breakfast was superb ans staff were brilliant....attentive, professional and friendly.
Parking on lower lower ground and health spa on lower ground. Hotel provides slippers and robe.
This property has overstretched itself by catering to large tour groups obviously without increasing facilities or manpower to match. Lordy the breakfast is a refugee camp with the groups totally stressing out other guests as well as Pullman staff not necessarily with their lack of manners (this group was rather well behaved for the demographic) but rather with their sheer numbers and volume. Many of the non group guests complained among themselves but not to the staff who had enough problems to deal with already.
The hotel has some pros like good transport access and comfortable (although very underwhelming rooms). But until Pullman can find a good solution to its overcrowding problems, you will be totally stressed out at breakfast, check in, check out, and using common facilities (i.e. whenever you are not in your room).
Very disappointing, Pullman. For the money you charge, you should be pulling your weight and not pulling our leg.
This was our second time when we stayed in this hotel. We booked a suite because we brought our youngest son with us. It is very confortable for families. Close to the center (direct access to the metro), clean and the most important for us the bed, which is large and confortable. It has a wellness (unfortunately we had no time to check it). The garage is also spacious. The restaurant Theo’s is ok but not outstanding. The breakfast is nice, the selection is wide. The coffee is not the best but it is also ok. All in all it is a good choice and a good value for money hotel.