Mandarin Oriental München
What We Love
- The rooftop pool with 360-degree views of the city
- Free minibar in all room categories
- Prime location in the city center, next door to the Hofbrauhaus, Munich’s most famous beer hall
- Free Mercedes-Benz loaner bikes and maps
- Cocktails with views of the Bavarian alps at China Moon, the summer roof terrace bar
What To Know
- The buffet breakfast costs approximately $48 but is worth it, if you can eat enough
- The fitness center has new equipment and a sauna, but is small
- Trendy types seeking hip digs might feel out of place: this is a refined, distinguished hotel
- Rooms on the top floor are closest to the pool and roof terrace but the elevator stops at the floor below
- The hotel offers airport transfers but the S-Bahn regional train is a 5-minute walk away and whisks you to the airport for a fraction of the cost
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Mandarin Oriental München, you’ll be centrally located in Munich, steps from Hofbrauhaus and minutes from Marienplatz. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Munich Kammerspiele Schauspielhaus and Isar Tor.
Make yourself at home in one of the 73 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and a steam room. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Munich? This hotel has 3229 square feet (300 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
We arrived at 11:00 AM, and our room was ready. Not a usual thing that happens. While we were waiting in the lobby for the final OK to our room, they brought us hot and cold drinks, with some sandwiches, cookies and chocolates. A very nice gesture. The service is fantastic and outstanding. Our room was big, very clean and very "hi-techy". The location is superb. The rooftop with the city view is amazing and has a great atmosphere! When we left, they gave us a small present.WOW!! There will not be a second thought about our next stay at Munich.
A very quiet and relaxed place that also offers the possibility of enjoying spaces like its excellent terrace overlooking the city!! A perfect spot to have an informal dinner or lunch with an excellent ambience. A must that places this hotel above the rest.
Very nice, comfortable and cozy rooms that complete a fantastic hotel experience.
Perfectly located, lovely staff and very nice rooms. The breakfast was great. The Japanese restaurant was excellent and even the bar food and room service were great. They took care of our every need. We picked it based on location. It’s very pricey but you get the service you pay for.
If you are going to Munich, the Mandarin Oriental is the place to stay. It is centrally locates with many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Service is superb. From the servers at the restaurants, to the concierge and front desk, even the housekeeping who would organize the cords of your chargers with a belt to keep it tidy. The quality of the food in the breakfast is excellent.
A real first class hotel full of luxury items and furnishings. We visited the open restaurant at the top of the hotel and apparently it is the highest point of the city. The weather was very windy and it looked like rain so decided not to stay but will be back