Mandarin Oriental München
What We Love
- The rooftop pool with 360-degree views of the city
- Free minibar in all room categories
- Prime location in the city center, next door to the Hofbrauhaus, Munich’s most famous beer hall
- Free Mercedes-Benz loaner bikes and maps
- Cocktails with views of the Bavarian alps at China Moon, the summer roof terrace bar
What To Know
- The buffet breakfast costs approximately $48 but is worth it, if you can eat enough
- The fitness center has new equipment and a sauna, but is small
- Trendy types seeking hip digs might feel out of place: this is a refined, distinguished hotel
- Rooms on the top floor are closest to the pool and roof terrace but the elevator stops at the floor below
- The hotel offers airport transfers but the S-Bahn regional train is a 5-minute walk away and whisks you to the airport for a fraction of the cost
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Mandarin Oriental München, you’ll be centrally located in Munich, steps from Hofbrauhaus and minutes from Marienplatz. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Munich Kammerspiele Schauspielhaus and Isar Tor.
Make yourself at home in one of the 73 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities, including a health club, an outdoor pool, and a steam room. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Munich? This hotel has 3229 square feet (300 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Make all your visit arrangements with the hotel's concierge. Have a glass of champagne at the lounge (a bottle better). Good highballs at the bar. The japanese-Perivian restaurant has great tempura, specially the scallops. You can walk 3 minutes to the famous Hofbräuhaus. If you want a private tour ask the concierge for Boris.
I have stayed at the Mandarin for years. The Munich staff is absolutely wonderful, and I feel like it is home away from home. Breakfast is delicious. Ory, the new bar attached to the hotel, works. They have a super mixologist, who knows what he does and does it well. As long as I am able, I'll always stay at the MO in Munich.
Having booked this hotel for a family weekend we relied upon their Instagram page, guest reservations, and their own website which misleadingly shows a picture of Barcelona rooftop pool.
Having embarrassingly walked up to the rooftop in our swimming gear to find it is no longer there.
Manager denied all responsibility.In my opinion not really a five star hotel .