What We Love
- A contemporary hotel just outside of downtown Munich, with breakfast and moreThe excellent access to central Munich, just five U-Bahn stops from the Marienplatz
- Visiting between November 25 and December 24 to visit the Munich Christmas Market
- Savoring the selection of Thai specialties and sushi available in the restaurant
What To Know
- There's always complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby
- Conveniently located near the Harras S- and U-Bahn station
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Experience the many charms of Germany’s Bavarian capital at Ambiance Rivoli Hotel, a four-star pad not far from the city center. Situated just southwest of downtown Munich, the hotel is a mere eight-minute U-Bahn journey from the magnificent Marienplatz, the city’s bustling central square.
When you’re not getting lost along cobblestone streets or taking in the beautiful architecture, this contemporary hotel, with its East Asian-inspired design, makes for a comfortable base. Large breakfast buffets are served each morning, and Restaurant Jolie is on hand for international and Asian fare. Refreshing cocktails are served at the bar, and there’s even a spa available at the hotel’s sister restaurant, where you can properly soothe your weary sightseeing muscles.
Superior rooms boast sleek Asian- and Art Deco-inspired style, as well as parquet floors, marble-and-granite bathrooms and soundproofing.
Right next door to the hotel, the elegant Restaurant Jolie serves a selection of Asian and international fare, accompanied by a range of wines, spirits and cocktails.
Though a little outside the city center, southwest of downtown, Ambiance Rivoli Hotel is just five stops on the U-Bahn from the Marienplatz and Odeonsplatz. Munich combines a prosperous modernity with a strong sense of folk history, which is richly displayed in the Bavarian architecture of the neo-Gothic Rathaus, the old town hall, and the grand Frauenkirche. Make sure to venture north to visit the magnificent Schloss Nymphenburg, a vast baroque palace which sits among sprawling parkland and holds a number of museums.
How to Get There
Not 4 star by any measure. A bit of boutique decor doesn’t make up for uncomfortable beds , very low quality toiletries, the sort of bedding usually found in a hostel , cold coffee, lukewarm breakfast and staff that really couldn’t care less . Room smelled like rotten eggs and heating could not be controlled. Avoid .
Didn’t like it at all. Clean but smells old.
Staff are polite
A big shout out to the guy in the restaurant, he was very nice and accommodating. That’s why I’m giving an extra star
Breakfast is also good
Room looks from the 70s and was hot in November. The air con was just blowing warm air no matter what you did with the thermostat. Could not sleep well. No water bottle or tea bags. Although there is a pod expresso machine. BBC channel didn’t work.
We recently stayed at the Ambiance Rivoli and were very disappointed in what was touted to be a 4 star hotel.
1. When we arrived the entry to the hotel was littered with trash
2. Our room was stifling. Could not get air to work. The first night the ac unit was blowing hot air even though it was turned all the way down - Sweated all night! Were advised it was not working due to outside weather conditions and told to open the window! We did - but our room fronted the busy street and the noise was intense! Sirens and street noise all night long!
3. The throw rugs on the floors were dirty and stained.
Minibar was not stocked.
4. The only thing housekeeping did over our 3 night stay was replenish towels - sheets were never changed, floors vacumned, etc.
5. We paid top dollar for this 'average' hotel - would have moved but were afraid of losing funds as it was prepaid.
1. Close to subway, bus service etc.
2. Guilia's restaurant was good.
I would advise you to look elsewhere as it is not close to tourist sites and amenities are not convenient to hotel - except a delicious Chinese restaurant across the street!
I'll give the cons first - and these are all minor:
I was on the top (Dach) floor, so there was no air-con. There is a fan. At the time that I went, this was not an issue, but on a hot summer night, it might be too warm. The solution is to ask for a room with air-con.
There were few (2) free power points. They will switch off when you take your card out of the holder, so plan accordingly when you go out and take a multipoint adaptor (which you should do anyway).
The area is a little quiet - no small convenience stores, etc.
Room was dark in places, I have noticed this in German hotels.
No room safe
Extremely easy transport with Bus, U- and S-Bahn
Proper writing paper and envelopes!
Clean as a whistle
Overall, I can recommend the Ambiance, and thoroughly enjoyed staying there.
The staff might seem a little abrupt to non-Germans. As far as I could discern, this isn't deliberate.
First time we spent time in a hotel in Munich. We were lucky with our choice , this location is close to subway (i prefer this instead of staying downtown with all noise etc) parking (in basement) was no problem, the rooms (we had 2) was nice and personal decorated , the beds are important and they were very comfortable, the bathrooms were quit big with hot water and good pressure. The breakfast were just enough for me, brötchen with all you need. The coffe could sometimes be not hot enough, but thats all. We will be back!!