Sofitel Dubai Downtown
What We Love
- Jaw-dropping views of the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa
- Shopping is right on your doorstep: The hotel is linked to the Dubai Mall via an air-conditioned walkway
- The very French welcome ("Bonjour" from all staff) in the heart of Arabia
- The infinity pool is surrounded by cabanas and loungers
What To Know
- A $6 tourist tax per person, per night, will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- It's very close to a major highway, but you can’t hear the traffic
- Breakfast can get very busy on weekends — get there early
- The air conditioning is decidedly enthusiastic, so be prepared
- Because it’s a new property, taxis drivers might be unfamiliar with the location
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Pure glam from the get-go. The lobby is all crystal installations hanging from the ceiling and curvy seating. The glitter and the wow factor continue in the swirling carpets that lead to the rooms and the restaurants, with each having its own distinct identity: rainbow sherbets in all-day eatery Les Cuisines, Asian inspiration in the Green Spices and cozy banquettes in the Red Grill. Meanwhile, the Mosaic pool bar is all about cocktails and those skyline views.
Bed & Bath
The guestrooms are more at the business end of design, with modern lines, and earth tones punctuated by bright white and chartreuse. As you’d hope, the focus is on the vista, with some rooms offering an up close view of the Burj Khalifa and others overlooking the impressive downtown skyline. Both are spectacular, especially at night. The bathrooms run the length of the suites and are tricked out with dark tiles, white marble and glass, plus freestanding tubs and Lanvin toiletries. The bedrooms feature a dressing area, a wide-screen TV with international channels, and the famed Sofitel MyBed, which is all kinds of comfy.
With a spa and a stunning fifth-floor infinity pool surrounded by cabanas and a pool bar, this hotel administers just the right dose of relaxation — which you’ll need in this action-packed city. The food front is seriously impressive too, as the three restaurants are good enough to tempt you to stay in instead of venturing out to the big names such as Zuma, Gaucho and La Petite Maison, which are all nearby. Les Cuisines is the most family-friendly of the trio, with an open kitchen and a vast breakfast buffet complete with French pastries and Middle Eastern honeys alongside egg stations, freshly made waffles and international dishes.
In the Area
For shoppers committed to spending, the hotel has an air-conditioned corridor that leads right to the world’s biggest mall, the Dubai Mall, which offers everything from a multiplex and cafés to an aquarium and an ice rink, as well as hundreds of stores. The beach is a 10-minute taxi ride away, and almost everything in Dubai is within an easy 30-minute journey, so take your pick from water parks, desert safaris, skydiving and, of course, more shopping.
How to Get There
Top notch hotel, excellent rooms, very good room service. and help from staff. Nice pool in hotel, good restaurants. Very easy to get a taxi to any other location. Walkable from Dubai mall and the burj.
10 out of 10 for luxury and surprises. Upgraded us to the Opera Suite on the 17th floor with views of the Burj Khaliffa and the city. Staff were amazing, location was central to everything, especially the air-conditioned tunnels to get around comfortably. Surrounded by lots of things to do and see.
Excellent location in Dubai walking distance to the metro station and to the Dubai Mall, Very welcoming and friendly staff, nice F&B outlets, very spacious rooms.
Did not try the pool. definitely will book again.
We spent 3 nights at the Sofitel before a cruise in April. We chose the hotel for its proximity to the Dubai Mall and metro and this proved to be a good decision. The metro was a 4 min walk leading directly to both Mall of the Emirates and Old Dubai area. The walk to Dubai Mall was easy and air conditioned but it does take about 15-20 mins so popping back to the hotel mid-shopping isn’t as easy as it might seem. We had breakfast on one of the mornings and it lived up to the Sofitel reputation - lots of choices and of high quality. Our room was bright and light with a view over they pool and Burj Khalifa (although there is another building obscuring the bottom of it). We would definitely stay here again.
1. Excellent location downtown and for getting around in Dubai, 10-15 min walk across the walkway connected to Dubai Mall/near Burj Khalifa.
2. Good restaurants in the hotel that front desk don't even mention upon check-in. The restaurants are definitely worth checking out. Lounge Access is worth it -lattes, free alcohol and good variety of appetizers. Some of the women working in the lounge appeared to be kind of unfriendly in interactions with us and staff, but the gentleman who works there often was always very professional, kind and friendly. I forgot his name! If you call for assistance ie. issue with a room, they are very prompt at correcting the issue; concierge and guys at the front door are also very efficient and friendly. I also liked that they offer free water bottles during your stay.
3. The spa services are excellent -sauna and steam included in our stay, my family and I were very impressed with our massage therapists -kind of pricey services but good treatments, very professional service.
4. Burj view is the best room, all the rooms are spacious, the washrooms are spacious; amenities are nice, and the pools are soooo nice, but lacks a hot tub.
5. Impressed with this hotel overall.
I do not like their policy that if you book with ie. expedia, and need to cancel for one night due to extenuating circumstances, even with enough notice (i.e. 2 weeks), they do not provide a refund. No compassion whatsoever if for any reason, you need to change a reservation. It all about money for hotels.