Andalous Al Seef Resort & Spa
What We Love
- A sleek new luxury resort near the center of Abu Dhabi, with a decadent suite and breakfastTaking your pick from the outlets on offer along Mamsha Al Seef
- Bathing in Abu Dhabi's largest Jacuzzi
- The contemporary style and Mediterranean charm of the guest suites
- Making use of your personal "Alonso" - on hand to meet your every need
What To Know
- The resort is roughly 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport
- Guests have complimentary access to Happiness Island
- Free WiFi
Discover the opulence of Abu Dhabi with a stay in one of its newest resorts. Set in the expansive Al Seef Village, Al Seef Resort & Spa by Andalus offers home-away-from-home suites across its series of low-rise villas, which are set along the palm-peppers pavements. Each comes complete with an open-plan kitchen, a living room area and one, two or three bedrooms.
Set on Abu Dhabi’s Eastern Ring, you’re within easy reach of some of the city’s most iconic landmarks, including Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. Within the resort itself you’ll find a whole street dedicated to dining, as well as leading fashion brands in the village’s marvelous mall. What’s more, there are four swimming pools to saunter between, as well as Abu Dhabi’s largest Jacuzzi.
You’ll also have Happiness Island at your fingertips – a private island resort with two swimming pools, one of which boasts gorgeous Arabian Gulf views. There’s also an all-day-dining restaurant here, plus beanbags and sofas set around the pool, making it easy to while away a day in the warm sunshine.
One Bedroom suites span a generous 807 square feet and come with an additional terrace area of 818 square feet. Two Bedroom suites are larger still, with two bathrooms to boot, while Three Bedroom suites measure a spacious 1,755 square feet and boasts large windows, allowing the space to be flooded with natural light. All the suites come complete with high-speed Internet access, as well as well-equipped open-plan kitchens.
Mamsha Al Seef is the village’s dedicated food street, with over 20 eateries to choose from, and more soon to be opened. Dining destinations include San Francisco Coffee Co. and Gina’s Cafe, plus Sushi and Sashamini and the colorful Chota Restaurant.
Al Seef Resort & Spa by Andalus is located just a 20-minute drive from Abu Dhabi’s city center. The impressive Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is just a 10-minute drive away, and the project-in-progress Saadiyat Island is 20 minutes away by car.
How to Get There
My partner and I recently stayed at Al Seef Resort & Spa from 30th October to 08 November 2019. There are a few things we feel you should be made aware of we noticed during our stay. The room number was B8-2-1.
Firstly, when taking a shower we noticed that the temperature was inconsistent from one extreme to the other being very cold to extremely hot, which resulted in my head being scalded and feeling extremely uncomfortable whilst showering.
When phoning to enquire about general queries the reception desk was not available every time I phoned. I was very consistent with phoning until I got an answer. However, failing to answer the phone meant my partner had to walk down to speak to somebody at the desk to be told the supervisor was unavailable and to come back the following day at check out time! The staff upon arrival was very helpful and assisted us both with our luggage on a club car to our room. THAT WAS ALL. With having large and heavy luggage we both struggled to carry them up the stairs to our apartment and for the rest of our stay no one offered a help to carry anything during our stay. Despite walking past several members of staff they did not acknowledge the struggle we were both having none of the staff offered assistance.
Lastly, the upkeep of the room was extremely disappointing as it was only half serviced once every two days, and catered for one person when there were two people in the room.
On a lighter note. The staff that was monitoring the pool were extremely friendly and cooperative and all round nice people. It is a beautiful hotel with a family friendly neighbourhood.
Rude. Atrocious. Insensitive. Zero – Know nothing about customer service. Traumatic. Disaster.
If you want to be in a hotel or resort where you would exactly get the same negative description of stay like above and ruin your enjoyment for the weekend, you might as well consider checking in at Al Seef Resort and Spa by Andalus, Abu Dhabi.
Together with my friends, we checked in in this property on October 25, 2019. We booked a two-bedroom apartment with a plan to enjoy the pleasures the resort’s ambiance can offer. To our dismay, we got served differently from the optimistic thoughts we had in our minds of how lovely our stay would be in Al Seef Resort and Spa by Andalus, Abu Dhabi.
1. Pool Area – the pool attendants started to make a commotion and made us feel as if we did something grave in that area. Our momentum of getting a good photo for ourselves to save a good memory of the place was totally ruined. The pool attendants literally made that moment “most embarrassing” time for all of us. Just imagine, all eyes are looking at you disapprovingly and who knows the thoughts these co-guests were already thinking against us when the pool attendants started walkie talkie-ing one person here in there reporting that there were people more than the capacity of the room rented using in the pool area?!
2. Apartment (First Time) – Attendants approached our apartment door saying that they received a complaint from other guests because we were noisy. One attendant said that guests must leave. TAKE NOTE of how the statement was DELIVERED – very rude and very unprofessional. There is no way you should be saying these words to your guests if you claim that your resort/hotel is tagged as a 4-star property and also dubbed as traveller’s choice awardee 2019 from TripAdvisor. If there is a concern of whether the room is filled with more than the capacity it can take, then, there is a proper protocol of how things should have been managed. If there is an additional fee needed to be paid, then, proper steps must have been taken. Nonetheless, we were just 6 adults and 2 kids in the two-bedroom apartment booked.
TAKE NOTE – Attendant said that he will AGAIN come back to check if the visitors left the room – NOT GOOD AT ALL. REALLY?
3. Apartment (2nd Time) – A manager came back, hit the door bell and when the door opened, he asked if the visitors left already. See? Like, really? First time for someone from the hotel to come and check on you and say complaints like you are noisy etc etc or whatsoever is not forgivable already, and you are doing it the SECOND time? Literally, these resort people made the ring of a door bell traumatic for all of us. At this point, we were already angry and we blurted in disappointment. Like, we thought of are they doing such because:
1. We are Filipinos
2. We are happy and loud (the property is not a library, a mosque, a church or whatsoever where it is obligatory to be silent at all times).
3. Or etc
Note: If we were loud and noisy, where are the “Observe Silence”, “Silence Please” or the other likes of these signages in the area? We did not see any thing.
I have worked in a customer service focused industry for a very long time and I look up to hoteliers and all of those who work in the hospitality sector. However, Al Seef Resort and Spa by Andalus, Abu Dhabi totally changed my perception. No matter how beautiful the place is if the people manning it in all areas do not know customer service at all, proper communication and proper treatment, loyalty or retention will never be in the vocabulary of your guests for your property.
It has been more than 2 weeks already since our booking in the property, but the way we were treated in Al Seef Resort and Spa by Andalus still stings in the memory. This being said, we will never recommend Al Seef Resort and Spa by Andalus nor go again.
It is the second time for us, running a workshop in the Resort and we had been very lucky to have such firendly and beutiful people helping us out with what ever they can.
DIpite the persons, the apartments are quiet big and have everything you need to rest. Around the corner you finde every kind of restaurant and the shoping mall in walk distance.
I would definetly come back here for work or just to relax and enjoy the place.