Anantara Qasr al Sarab Desert Resort
What We Love
- Free-form swimming pool in the heart of the desert
- Sunrise camel treks and sunset rooftop cocktails
- Views of the wadi from rooftop restaurant, Suhail
- The pampering Anantara Spa with a traditional hammam
- Great Teen and Kids’ Club
- Free WiFi
- Combine with a stay at the Armani Hotel Dubai for a complete UAE experience
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge and a 6 percent tourism fee will be collected by the hotel at check in
- About 120 miles from Abu Dhabi — within a two-hour drive
- Taxis from Abu Dhabi airport cost approximately $115, each way
- Relentless heat in the summer months
- Limited amount of outdoor activities
- The hotel has two yearly gala dinners - Dec 24 (optional) and Dec 31 (mandatory); please see the details section for further information
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
You’ll be in Mahdar Bin Usayyan (Western Abu Dhabi Emirate) with a stay at Anantara Qasr al Sarab Desert Resort.
Make yourself at home in one of the 206 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and espresso makers. Rooms have private balconies or patios. LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Detached private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and bidets.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. Encounter the local wildlife with a safari, then enjoy recreational amenities including outdoor tennis courts and a health club. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We had the best among the most caring hotel staff, who were always around to help and make our stay most comfortable.
We were middle of no where and enjoyed the beauty of the desert at its best
Food at al waha impressed the most
We had the most amazing time at this hotel, not only is the location and scenery spectacular, but the hotel and rooms are beautiful and the service is unbelievable. We have never had service this incredible, whilst laying by the pool staff come by to clean your sunglasses, offer a cool towel and the odd delicious free fruit drink. Breakfast was delicious and the other restaurants were great also. For a large hotel we never felt it was too busy. We can’t wait to go back.
The suspense builds on the drive to the resort and from arriving at the large entryway you get the feeling you’re in for a stay somewhere special. The check in process is smooth and hassle free and we were really impressed with how quickly the staff had us in our room and ready to enjoy the break. The facilities around the hotel are brilliant, pool is beautiful and it’s potentially the best hotel gym (where it hasn’t been one also open to the public) that I’ve ever seen. The evening meal in Al Waha was excellent in terms of quality and the chefs were able to ensure my wife who is both dairy and gluten free had a great meal including a bespoke desert which she was delighted with.
Why it didn’t get top marks:
Going to Qasr Al Sarab means making a conscious decision to drive quite a distance from Dubai in search of a peaceful and tranquil break and so there a couple of things linked to that where I think they could improve.
1. At check in, it was the first time I’d heard it read anything in relation to the resorts dress code. I’m not against that but it should have been communicated better as I wasn’t aware and was left feeling like I was being a bit frowned upon throughout my stay for not having some of the correct clothing.
2. At the pool we made the decision to sit as far away from the kids pool as possible however a family with around 8 children came into the main adult pool, splashing us with water and hitting us with floats and balls. I had to speak to 3 different members of staff before finally anyone acted. This should be dealt with proactively.
3. Same as 2, ended up next to this family arriving when we were 3/4 of the way through dinner and the whole ambience in our section of the restaurant changed. We had to move table ourselves to return to the peaceful evening we had been enjoying. Again there was no situation management.
4. Due to previously mentioned allergies, my wife always contacts hotels and had been sent through an email with loads of options that were both dairy and gluten free for breakfast and so left her usual endless supply of self made/store bought stuff at home. As it turned out in reality, the only thing on the list both dairy and gluten free was plain white bread and as the kitchen was so busy, there wasn’t the same level of service or customising of food to make breakfast as enjoyable as dinner had been.
Got engaged here. It is the most special hotel in an amazing location. Great memories. Had a lovely room with balcony. The pool area is fantastic and well serviced and nice and quiet during the week. Breakfast was a great selection. Can't wait to go back for a special occasion. Its a very easy and scenic drive from both Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
I have been to so many hotels, but this is the worst 5 star hotel I ever stepped food on.
1. Unique experience
2. In the middle of the desert, you feel the ambience.
1. Check in was bad, wrong rate was given on the bill, 500 extra was included and then they mentioned I booked at wrong rate instead of apologizing to me
2. Check in took 30 minutes
3. I booked a private villa with a private pool so I expected an elevated service. Totally bad. Not cleaned properly, dust under catalogues, bathroom toilet seat had hair and water
4. The cleaners forgot their kit on the chair I was supposed to sit on totally soaked with dirt
5. Pool is always filled with sand due to the location of the resort, hence proper filtering should be used.
6. Plug Frame fell off, could easily get electrocuted
7. WiFi works well only if close to router
8. Restaurants are DISGUSTING. 2 of us got food poisoned in suhail. The good was 50 minute later and it was over cooked and the taste was very bad.
9. In the morning we were offered to go Ghadeer restaurant. The smell of the place is just aweful. Smells of burnt fried food, I don’t even know how people sat inside.
All in all, not anantara level. Bad maintenance.. wayyyyy over priced for he service provided and room quality. GO TO QASR AL SARAB FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE.
Average for 2- villa with pool
Food 500$ - totally disgusting
The only person on the entire resort that deserves 5 stars is a lady by the name Katerina who had an excellent service in the lounge area next to the lobby
DO NOT GO THERE, it is a total waste of money