Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
What We Love
- The Anantara Spa, which features Abu Dhabi's only Turkish hammam, vast couples suites and gold sinks
- Efficient concierge team that can arrange everything from a round of golf to an afternoon of dune bashing in the desert
- Pachaylen: Abu Dhabi's finest Thai restaurant, where traditional street food is given a sophisticated, modern twist
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- There isn't much within walking distance, so you'll need a car or cab to get anywhere. Luckily, taxis are plentiful and cheap
- Reservations are recommended for the intimate Pachaylen restaurant
- Breakfast is included for Kasara rooms only
- WiFi is an additional cost of $26 per day
- There is an optional gala dinner on Dec 31; please see the details section for further information
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
Far East meets Middle East. Lofty ceilings, arty light fixtures, clean lines, gleaming marble and plush fabrics combine at this mammoth resort overlooking Abu Dhabi’s wildlife-filled mangrove marshes. Arabian-style arches and intricate tiling feature in the public spaces, and the intimate 15-table restaurant serves dishes inspired by Thai street food. The infinity pool is lined with towering palm trees and overlooks the waterfront.
Bed and Bath
Guestrooms attract a corporate crowd. The muted color scheme is made up of warm browns and biscuit tones with splashes of turquoise. Giant beds, work desks and large flat-screen TVs with access to a wide range of international channels come standard. Opt for a room overlooking the pool and you’ll be rewarded with winning views of the mangrove marshes, which you can explore by kayak. Back inside you’ll find free bottled water and Elemis goodies in the bathroom, where an enormous tub and separate rain shower await.
Award-winning Thai restaurant Pachaylen is a foodie hot spot, and as a result nabbing a table can be tricky — there are only 15 of them. The intimate, low-lit eatery serves innovative dishes inspired by street food from an open kitchen. Impressions is a chic rooftop bar with views of the mangroves; it hosts regular cheese and wine nights. And Ingredients offers an impressive breakfast spread, from sushi and noodles to waffles and pastries and Middle Eastern specialties. The spa is home to Abu Dhabi’s only Turkish hammam; it offers treatments using Elemis, Shiffa and Anantara brand products. There’s a gym on-site that runs yoga and Pilates classes, or you can just chill at the infinity pool, set amid towering palm trees.
How to Get There
The resort has a lovely location and perfect for business and leisure travellers who would love to explore Abu Dhabi city. The hotel room is spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast and dinner were good. They had a live DJ playing during the buffet night and we absolutely like that it amps up the vibe while we enjoy our delish meal. Most of all, the friendly staff made the overall experience wonderful.
next time please inform the people that there will construction and you cant use the sun lounge after 4 PM
its my day out to spend away from workers or people telling me you are not allowed etc.. I went to your hotel to enjoy luxury time and I did not get any.
- hidden costs. You get charged a service charge of 75AED per night .... service charge for what?
- poor customer service - lost our luggage, have to ask the waiter 3 times in the morning for coffee and it arrives 30 mins later.
- poor services ... its a 5 star hotel with no spa facilities for their guests.
- comfortable rooms and spacious. Clean.
This is not a 5 star hotel, it is a 3 star with unfair hidden costs. Go and start somewhere else.
We needed a base for visiting Abu Dhabi and Dubai so picked the Anantara Eastern Mangroves as it has a great location and excellent brand for quality. From start to finish we were treated as valued guests, with no request too much trouble. The accommodation is so comfortable and eschews quality without the excessive "glitz" of some hotels. Our room was extremely comfortable and well equipped with a stunning view of the mangroves. We used the restaurants, room service, spa, salon, gym and pool - all were excellent. The highest commendation must go to the concierge team, in particular Ritish, who met our challenging requests for bookings at venues with extreme professionalism and we can't thank him enough - a true star.
I will not book in this hotel a gain and will advise my friends as well to not book in this hotel . customer service was bad, swimming pool was very very bad really i will not visit your hotel a gain.