Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- The island’s resident flamingos
- Snorkeling the newly formed reef system in the calm waters
- The 135-minute Sands of Time treatment at the spa, done with a sand compress
- All rooms have a view of the Arabian Sea
- Getting acquainted with the world’s largest herd of endangered Arabian oryx
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge and a 6 percent tourism fee will be collected by the hotel at check in
- Once you reach the mainland of Sir Bani Yas jetty, you'll take a free 20-minute boat ride to the hotel; contact the hotel directly for transfer times
- Activities and dining options are confined to those at the resort
- During summer temps reach 130?, and the seawater is exceptionally hot
- The hotel is not gay-friendly and public displays of affection are frowned upon
- Alcohol is illegal outside the hotel bar area
- All activities on the island must be arranged through the resort
- The resort is the destination, so it’s not easy to come and go to/from the mainland
- Guests must purchase a compulsory gala dinner on December 31; please see the details section for further information
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
With a stay at Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa in Sir Bani Yas Island (Western Abu Dhabi Emirate), you’ll be convenient to Sir Bani Yas Island Beach. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Arabian Wildlife Park and Sir Bani Yas Island Pier.
Make yourself at home in one of the 64 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a steam room. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Desert Island Resort is a fabulous place to spend leisure time. Activities provided are wonderful at a reasonable cost. Variety of restaurants offers excellent food from different cuisines. Hotel staff is humble and accommodating. Rooms are having a pleasant ambience.
Amazing Sunset views by the pool. Excellent service and etiquettes by staff especially Shahir at the palm restaurant. Breakfast and dinner buffet food was too dry and the live grill majority of the items served was burnt or too dry.
Furnishings of the hotel and rooms are dated for the prices generally charged.
Need an upgrade in some areas.
The pool area could do with a changing room near it.
Best time to visit would be winter, beautiful hotel, excellent location - close to beach, very good breakfast and dinner options at Palm (though mostly repetitive - excellent quality and taste), big swimming pool (could be more cleaner). The room size and ambience is amazing with a good sized balcony. The spa and activities are very steeply priced. (wildlife drive not worth the price - very few species)
Above all, the staff and service are the most remarkable part.