Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- The island’s resident flamingos
- Snorkeling the newly formed reef system in the calm waters
- The 135-minute Sands of Time treatment at the spa, done with a sand compress
- All rooms have a view of the Arabian Sea
- Getting acquainted with the world’s largest herd of endangered Arabian oryx
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge and a 6 percent tourism fee will be collected by the hotel at check in
- Once you reach the mainland of Sir Bani Yas jetty, you'll take a free 20-minute boat ride to the hotel; contact the hotel directly for transfer times
- Activities and dining options are confined to those at the resort
- During summer temps reach 130?, and the seawater is exceptionally hot
- The hotel is not gay-friendly and public displays of affection are frowned upon
- Alcohol is illegal outside the hotel bar area
- All activities on the island must be arranged through the resort
- The resort is the destination, so it’s not easy to come and go to/from the mainland
- Guests must purchase a compulsory gala dinner on December 31; please see the details section for further information
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
With a stay at Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa in Sir Bani Yas Island (Western Abu Dhabi Emirate), you’ll be convenient to Sir Bani Yas Island Beach. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Arabian Wildlife Park and Sir Bani Yas Island Pier.
Make yourself at home in one of the 64 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a steam room. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
We stayed for 3 nights as part of a UAE holiday, on recommendation of friends from Dubai.
The hotel opened in 2009, and as some reviews have commented, may appear a bit dated, but we found everything in excellent condition. Our room on the 3rd floor was big, with huge 7' bed, and plenty of storage, and nice balcony overlooking the pool and sea. Only issue was our room had a door to adjoining room, and the guests next door had very noisy kids every night.
Pool area was very pleasant. Only improvement would be adding a few more sun shades as there aren't enough for the number of loungers.
Restaurants mostly good. Buffet breakfast had good choice and quality. Amwaj fish restaurant was lousy for the buffet, but we went back for a la carte and had a great meal. We also did the buffet at Savannah, which was excellent if you're a meat lover.
Highlight of the stay was the Nature & Wildlife Drive, which we did twice at 4pm and 7am. We saw pretty much everything there was to see - gazelles, oryx, giraffes, cheetahs, ostrich and plenty more. It's not Africa, but if you've never been on safari it's a good experience. Our first guide, Yusuf, was especially good.
Service overall excellent. The staff work hard, and you will often see them at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
This was a amazing and beautiful experience and views. The staff new us by name. Excellent service and food was lovely. Safari drive was interesting. I loved relaxing in the pools:) An incredible place to get away from the hustle of life to relax and unwind.
We have just returned from our wonderful holiday to Sir Bani Yas Island. We travelled all the way from the UK but arrived in style to the hotel and were promptly looked after and refreshed. We stayed in the ananatara suite and were daily looked after by the great housekeeping staff. We enjoyed all the activities on offer and really enjoyed the safari ride. The food and drinks choice was fabulous and would recommend keeping the buffet service at the different restaurants which really work well, especially with children. We would recommend to everyone and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.
Perfect place for 2 days of peace and nature . Very professional staff and wide range of activities! We stayed in the desert island hotel, African lodge style! Decor and interior very South African attire, well done !
This is a great place to visit with lots of outdoor and indoor activities. We did a lot of biking and took our bikes for discovery the wonderful wildlife ! Have fun and enjoy the views!!!
Mountain for sunrise but we had cooler weather and it was really amazing .
Very friendly, helpful staff and lots of accommodating from sara Activity thank you to the girls .
Good food in the restaurant;This was a good place to stay it’s my 2 time .