Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- The island’s resident flamingos
- Snorkeling the newly formed reef system in the calm waters
- The 135-minute Sands of Time treatment at the spa, done with a sand compress
- All rooms have a view of the Arabian Sea
- Getting acquainted with the world’s largest herd of endangered Arabian oryx
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge and a 6 percent tourism fee will be collected by the hotel at check in
- Once you reach the mainland of Sir Bani Yas jetty, you'll take a free 20-minute boat ride to the hotel; contact the hotel directly for transfer times
- Activities and dining options are confined to those at the resort
- During summer temps reach 130?, and the seawater is exceptionally hot
- The hotel is not gay-friendly and public displays of affection are frowned upon
- Alcohol is illegal outside the hotel bar area
- All activities on the island must be arranged through the resort
- The resort is the destination, so it’s not easy to come and go to/from the mainland
- Guests must purchase a compulsory gala dinner on December 31; please see the details section for further information
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
With a stay at Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa in Sir Bani Yas Island (Western Abu Dhabi Emirate), you’ll be convenient to Sir Bani Yas Island Beach. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Arabian Wildlife Park and Sir Bani Yas Island Pier.
Make yourself at home in one of the 64 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a steam room. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
This is one of those places you need to just visit . We spent a fantastic day on the island . It’s heavenly. Pure tranquility of being able to relax in beautiful surroundings.
To all the staff who we encountered on our trip , thank you so much for your welcoming hospitality & kindness . Lunch was a huge feast .
The safari was exceptional & something our children were in owe with.
We are most certainly going to return next summer & stay for an overnight visit , so we can experience more .
Thank you Anatara team , from the Palmer family .
amazing experience in all respect. One has to come and feel it. words cannot express the feeling we get when we stay. the best island stay in the country or possibly in the region. kids had the most funtime during the stay
Nice place, but a bit overpriced comparing to what you might get in this price. Hotel is quite old, but staff and safari is amazing. I would recommend to stay in Al saleh villas instead of hotel, great experience with the animals outside and more relaxing, fantastic pool