Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- The island’s resident flamingos
- Snorkeling the newly formed reef system in the calm waters
- The 135-minute Sands of Time treatment at the spa, done with a sand compress
- All rooms have a view of the Arabian Sea
- Getting acquainted with the world’s largest herd of endangered Arabian oryx
What To Know
- A 10 percent service charge and a 6 percent tourism fee will be collected by the hotel at check in
- Once you reach the mainland of Sir Bani Yas jetty, you'll take a free 20-minute boat ride to the hotel; contact the hotel directly for transfer times
- Activities and dining options are confined to those at the resort
- During summer temps reach 130?, and the seawater is exceptionally hot
- The hotel is not gay-friendly and public displays of affection are frowned upon
- Alcohol is illegal outside the hotel bar area
- All activities on the island must be arranged through the resort
- The resort is the destination, so it’s not easy to come and go to/from the mainland
- Guests must purchase a compulsory gala dinner on December 31; please see the details section for further information
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
With a stay at Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa in Sir Bani Yas Island (Western Abu Dhabi Emirate), you’ll be convenient to Sir Bani Yas Island Beach. This 5-star hotel is within the region of Arabian Wildlife Park and Sir Bani Yas Island Pier.
Make yourself at home in one of the 64 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a steam room. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 4 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a conference center and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
High end service for a reasonable price. Everything is done for you-all you have to do is relax. Safari is best done in the late afternoon. Rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Staff is friendly and helpful.
Overall amazing! Highly recommended for a sweet getaway!
Extremely courteous employees, always smiling and helpful no matter what!!
Location and the whole experience, definitely worth the price I paid!
I had such a wonderful, memorable visit to Sir Bani Yas island which I highly recommend to anyone.
The quality was very high indeed, in particular the service from the many members of staff on hand. Tour guides Halane (sp?) and Ali were excellent and so very knowledgeable. They made my time with them so interesting. Also the waiter at Amwaj (whose name I forget but I believe began with a Z) was extremely helpful at accommodating my vegetarian diet and so very friendly and welcoming. Please pass on great praise to them all.
The surroundings at every turn were perfect, from the views of the mountains, the wildlife, the sea, and the interiors of the hotel. It felt like a very special place and I shall remember my time there well.
My only one concern, was the variety of motor boat/jet ski activities on offer alongside constant references to marine life, including turtles. If there are turtles in the water, there really shouldn't be activities which could pose such a risk to life.
Front Desk / Housekeeping needs a major change for knowing how to behave with Guest and maintaining proper hygiene cleanliness in the Restaurants. No guest will accept cockroaches falling down while having dinner or birds sitting on top inside the Restaurant.
An absolutely amazing experience from the beginning to the end. The beaches, pool, dinners...all of it was amazing, but the staff was second to none! I suggest going on the wildlife safari early morning to see all of the animals!