What We Love
- An enchanting stay in Tuscany's historic city of Siena, with breakfast and a restaurant discountSavoring delicious Tuscan specialties and enjoying a discount at the hotel's restaurant
- Visiting Siena's central square, the Piazza del Campo – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Strolling the charming medieval streets of this historic city
What To Know
- The large pool, terrace, tennis courts and gardens are great spots to relax
- Breakfast is buffet-style
- It's a 20-minute walk into town (or five minutes by bus, which is easy and affordable); to explore the countryside around Siena, it's best to rent a car (parking is free at the hotel)
How to Get There
We stayed at the Hotel Garden for 4 nights with our accommodation in the main building. Staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Very nice and spacious room and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. Plentiful breakfast with good choice. Really nice terrace beside the bar playing good easy listening music. Only negative was the WiFi and having to repeatedly login to get access - an unnecessary irritant that the Hotel should resolve. It is a good 20 walk into the city but there is a bus available every 30 minutes just outside the hotel.
Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and would return if we visit Siena again.
Hotel Garden isn’t as lush as it looks in the photos.
Everything’s a bit tired and dated.
The first room we checked into was in what looked like a secondary built accomodation building away from the main hotel. The room had road noise and was quite dark and dingy, not what we had envisaged from the photos of peaceful lush landscapes. We paid an extra 20 euro to upgrade to the main establishment and the room seemed a bit better. However, the road noise was replaced by an A/C unit which clanked and sputtered all night. We could also hear our neighbours. The bed was OK.
Overall it did not live up to expectations of a restful stay.
EXCELLENT HOTEL (10 day stay for our 30th wedding anniversary)
room 353 with magnificent views of Siena over the terrace (some drain smell in the en-suite : but can be expected in such a historic building) excellent A/C
Very good pool/garden area (no issues as own towels taken)
Absolutely no issues with the excellent food & very friendly/helpful staff (in all areas)
As already stated Atla is a superb barman
Booked after reading many pages of reviews : as usual reading "between -the -lines"
indicated what we found
Should one want modern chrome minimalist this will not suit
Bags of character with simply the BEST service THANK YOU ALL