What We Love
- About a 10-minute drive from the center of Florence, and there’s a chauffeured car to take you there
- True Florentine grandeur: gilded mirrors and stucco, frescoes, marble statues and silk-draped four-poster beds
- Manicured grounds with fountains and a white stone pool surrounded by statues
- Full-service subterranean spa, including a hammam
- An indoor gourmet restaurant, Il Pacha, and from May until October another restaurant overlooking the pool and the gardens
What To Know
- Opulent decor throughout — not the choice for minimalists
- If you want a view of Florence, get a room on the top floor; below that the city sights are obscured by trees
- The pool is closed from November to April
- The wallpaper and fabrics in many of the rooms have an abundance of roses (a nod to Empress Eugénie’s fondness for the flower), so if florals aren’t for you, request a rose-free room
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Villa Cora in Florence (Oltrarno), you’ll be minutes from Boboli Gardens and close to Ponte Vecchio. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Porta Romana and Museo Zoologico La Specola.
Make yourself at home in one of the 46 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary newspapers.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this Beaux Arts hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Very beautiful building and in some parts the service was excellent. But given the price I was disappointed that twice the room was not made by 3pm. Basic breakfast staples like omelette or pancakes were additional charges and often beds by the pool were reserved for people who were not present at the time.
I’ve wanted to stay at Villa Cora for some time and it didn’t disappoint! The interior is absolutely stunning. The 150 years of history of the hotel makes it even more special. The staff are very helpful and cheerful, booking our dinner reservations, giving us quotations for car rentals etc. The breakfast is nice, the gentleman serving us was very attentive but there could be more options. We’ll definitely return.
Spent a lovely family vacation at Villa Cora many years ago and was eager to return following their renovation in 2010. As memory served, then and now, the hotel portrays an almost picture-perfect vision of grand, Tuscan glamour with fancy Italian sports cars curled around the driveway and exquisitely maintained grounds and gardens. The pool area is also beautiful and definitely a property highlight. Unfortunately, the junior suite we had booked fell a bit short of our expectations. Although stylish and well-appointed the room was a bit cramped, as were the bathrooms, which provided very little room to maneuver and almost no surface area to place your toiletries. Furthermore upon arrival to our room there was an excessive perfume odor which we determined was an attempt to mask a sewer / plumbing issue in the wall. When we ultimately brought this to the hotel’s attention they were slow to offer any apology and then suggested they could move us to an inferior room until the issue was resolved. For a hotel or this caliber a better effort should have been made to remedy the situation. An adjustment to the room rate or other concession on the bill would have been appropriate.