What We Love
- About a 10-minute drive from the center of Florence, and there’s a chauffeured car to take you there
- True Florentine grandeur: gilded mirrors and stucco, frescoes, marble statues and silk-draped four-poster beds
- Manicured grounds with fountains and a white stone pool surrounded by statues
- Full-service subterranean spa, including a hammam
- An indoor gourmet restaurant, Il Pacha, and from May until October another restaurant overlooking the pool and the gardens
What To Know
- Opulent decor throughout — not the choice for minimalists
- If you want a view of Florence, get a room on the top floor; below that the city sights are obscured by trees
- The pool is closed from November to April
- The wallpaper and fabrics in many of the rooms have an abundance of roses (a nod to Empress Eugénie’s fondness for the flower), so if florals aren’t for you, request a rose-free room
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Villa Cora in Florence (Oltrarno), you’ll be minutes from Boboli Gardens and close to Ponte Vecchio. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Porta Romana and Museo Zoologico La Specola.
Make yourself at home in one of the 46 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary newspapers.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this Beaux Arts hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
So my wife and I had to spend one night in Florence for attending a wedding to be held at the Certosa. Boy, we really picked the right hotel this time around: gorgeous location, property in mint condition, excellent service and great food.
A special mention should be made for the Hotel Manager, who was particularly enlightened. Let me explain: we were not particularly happy with the couple massage that we took at the Spa, so he just put those on the house, straight away, with no hesitation. Bravo, that’s how you do it.
I booked this for my husband's surprise 40th Bday getaway. This place is incredible. The moment you arrive your feel you have entered into somewhere special, you feel instantly relaxed yet in awe of your surroundings. The ground floor interior is beautifully opulent.
We arrived in the evening so decided to order room service, something we usually find is an afterthought in terms of quality but not here. My steak was cooked perfectly and very tender. Their buffet breakfast was a lovely experience with their dining room so beautifully laid out.
We stayed in room 401 which I would highly recommend, a nice large suite with a stunning bathroom - having music options in the bathroom was a nice added extra. It had its own direct access to the lift which made it special.we forgot our swimming gear otherwise we would have taken advantage of the nice jucuzzi and spa.
We took the free shuttle into town which never took longer than a 10min wait but the walk isn't bad, a nice 10 stroll down hill.
We felt very welcome and confortable and would highly recommend it for a romantic wknd away.
Are you planning to visit Firenze ? Enjoy your stay at Villa Cora, just a bit remote from the city and the crowd. The hotel is somptuous, the staff incredible and the breakfast like nowhere else...a must ! I loved this place !