J.K. Place Firenze
What We Love
- Buffet breakfast, served in the glass-ceiling breakfast room, is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Just steps away from Florence’s train station in quiet Piazza Santa Maria Novella
- Feels like a private townhouse rather than a hotel
- Sleek Michele Bonan–designed interiors
- Chic lounge/restaurant, J.K. Lounge and the new J.K. Terrace, which opens directly on to the piazza
- The excellent concierge team is a member of the "Golden Keys Associtaion"
- Soft drinks, water and juice in the minibar are free
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- The rate does not include a €5 city tax per person, per night, (except for children 10 and under) that will be collected on property
- Communal dining at breakfast
- Private airport transfers cost approximately $120, each way, maximum three people; taxis are less-expensive
- Private garage parking is available for approximately $50 per car, per night
- Well-behaved, small pets are permitted at no additional cost
- Smoking is allowed in some guestrooms
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at JK Place Firenze, you’ll be centrally located in Florence, steps from National Alinari Museum of Photography and Santa Maria Novella Square. This 5-star hotel is close to Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and Ponte Vecchio.
Make yourself at home in one of the 20 air-conditioned rooms featuring free minibar items and LED televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary newspapers.
Take in the views from a rooftop terrace and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. Additional amenities include babysitting/childcare (surcharge) and a fireplace in the lobby.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.
How to Get There
I've stay in many Luxury Hotels in the past and on this particular trip, None measure up to JK Place. First the hotel is Spectacular as far as the room, the lounge area and the outdoor area.
Second, the Staff and Service is by far the most Spectacular I have ever encountered.
Everyperson makes you feel like your at home. Their attention to detail and attention you the customer is beyound expectations.
We stayed in the hotel’s panoramic loft for two nights. There is nothing seriously wrong with this hotel. The location, architecture, suite layout and furnishings, food and service are all good. But for €1,365 a night, I would have expected to be wowed. I wasn’t. So we will not be coming back, as simple as that.
The first time my wife and I stayed here was 2011, we have been back several times including twice in 2018 and twice this year. Our experiences throughout Have been exceptional. The property is in the historic piazza Santa Maria Novella, thus walking distance to everything. We’ve stayed in many different rooms there and always found them super clean, comfortable and the beds fitted with wonderful linens.
Each time we arrive we are treated by staff like family, as if we are at home. Many times, we have booked day tours, reservations and other functions which are handled with great professionalism and care, often including creative things we wouldn’t have thought of.
Breakfast is always a treat. Their lunch/dinner menu offers many fresh and locally sourced selections. It is always a treat to sit outside and dine, with the help of the wonderful and passionate staff.
Bottom line, our favorite hotel.... Location and rooms are an oasis for us. The staff truly makes the experience exceptional.