Domux Home Ricasoli
What We Love
- Explore the charms of Florence with a luxury apartment stay, right in the historic centre Having your own plush apartment in the centre of the city
- Tucking into a traditional Florentine Steak with a glass of Tuscan red
- Seeing Michelangelo’s David – he’s practically your neighbour after all
What To Know
- Feels more like a slick Italian pad than a hotel room
- It's a five-minute walk from all of Florence's main sites
- Free WiFi
Nestled in the serenely beautiful landscapes of Tuscany is the charismatic city of Florence, a place steeped in the granduer of old. Ornate and impressive architecture looms over galleries that are bursting with some of the finest examples of European art in the world. Historical wonders pepper the city and the temptation of an authentic Italian gelato is always just moments away.
Ricasoli Luxury Palace is set in the midst of it all, with a covetable address on Via Ricasoli – the same street on which Michelangelo’s David lives, no less. You really couldn’t be more enveloped in the city than here, and so much of the Florence’s sights are within easy walking distance, including heavy hitters like The Duomo, the Uffizi Gallery and Ponte Vecchio.
The One Bedroom apartments at Ricasoli Luxury Palace offer a pleasing balance of the contemporary and the traditional throughout their interior design. Each exudes a timeless elegance that effortlessly reflects Italy’s flair for all things ‘style’. You can live like a local in these plush surrounds, but with some rather lovely extras, such as an emotional shower and a mini pool.
How to Get There
My husband and I recently stayed here for 3 nights, based on the recommendation of our travel agent who obviously has not read recent reviews of this hotel nor stayed here personally.
My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights.
The only positive about this place was that it’s not too far from the main city. About a 10 minute walk to the duomo and main area.
1. Rooms are extremely outdated and old. The hotel advertises as a 4 star but I would consider it a 2 star at best. We did not feel comfortable or relaxed. We were shocked at the high rates they charge for a below average room.
2. Reception was not professional and when we asked the lady to help with booking dinner reservations she was rude and made a joke to her colleague in Italian. We knew she was talking about us.
3. Asked for an ironing board and when it arrived it was disgusting - it was old with brown stains all over it (photo below) I didn’t use it. Again - if you call yourself a hotel there should be standards. Also the iron was leaking all over the table so probably broken.
4. Hairdryer was ancient and some weird device attached to the wall. It was very weak and took me forever to dry my hair and the handle got very hot to touch.
5. No complimentary water
6. Shower was very very tiny. My husband struggled to lift his hands in it.
7. The electric rack in the bathroom was broken and didn’t heat up
8. No flyscreen on the balcony door so you can’t even open the door for fresh air in the fear of bugs coming in.
9. Tv was very small with No English channels. The screen also switched off at times but the noise was still on.
10. Configuration of the room was poor. Just random chairs everywhere and furniture was old and dirty.
11. Breakfast buffet was well below average. Food didn’t look fresh and limited options.
12. Lifts had a very bad smell
13. The gym consisted of a treadmill, an ab machine and a sit up tool, all located in the secondary hotel lobby! It wasn’t even in a separate room. As I ran on the treadmill, people would walk past me all the time and it was very awkward.
Overall the worst hotel we have stayed at. The owner needs to seriously renovate the hotel and address staffing standards to be able to justify
charging the rates they currently are.
The Hotel was ok for European standards with the typical no space to put anything on a counter or in the bathroom, uncomfortable beds. The shower was so small you could not even turn around in it but the biggest let down is where the hotel is located No restaurants close, no shopping and nothing to do anything unless you take a $12 Euro ride to get someplace or walk over a mile and a half. I would suggest staying closer to where you could walk places at this hotel, it is not an option.
The staff and cleanliness of the hotel were great. However as an international traveler access to WiFi is very important. The WiFi here is horrible and barely even usable in the lobby. The beds where very uncomfortable as well. However breakfast was a nice buffet style and the hotel is about a 20 minute walk to the city center.