What We Love
- A Tuscan stone guesthouse with stylish country interiors, a half-hour drive from FlorenceBreathing in fresh Tuscan air among the cypress trees, listening to the sound of peace and quiet
- Cooking our own meals in the communal kitchen, using fresh ingredients from the garden and surrounding farms
- Taking a day trip to explore the fascinating history of nearby Florence
What To Know
- All six rooms are individually decorated
- Free Italian breakfast includes fresh bread, pastries, yogurt, fruit, tea, and coffee
- Free WiFi is available only in common areas
- There's a communal kitchen you're welcome to use between 5:30pm and 9:30pm if you wish to prepare your own meals
Wandering among the cypresses around a 100-year-old house, surrounded by the organic vineyards and olive trees of the Italian countryside – the Tuscan idyll doesn’t get much better than this. Acquapietra is a privately owned guesthouse with just six bedrooms, where you can enjoy the peace and natural beauty of one of Italy’s loveliest regions in luxury and comfort.
The décor of the recently renovated property is pleasantly in keeping with the surrounding countryside, from its historic stone exterior to the fresh white walls and exposed beams inside. Here you can enjoy the simple pleasures of life, whether sipping a glass of chilled white wine overlooking the hills or cooking a meal of garden-fresh ingredients in the shared kitchen.
There’s also a cool communal living room with music and books, and the friendly owners can arrange horse riding, cooking classes, motorbike tours, Vespa rental and a variety of excursions. If you feel like a day trip, you’re a half an hour’s drive from the incredible history and culture of Florence.
How to Get There
The property looked exactly as described. Little ride through unpaved road took us to a very tranquil and unique place. Our room was ready and had stunning view. The nearby village has several great restaurants just 10 minutes drive with good quality of food and service. The house also has kitchen that can be used by guests. Florence is just 40 minutes drive and it’s perfect to relax at the guesthouse after sightseeing day in a busy city. If you are after hiking, this is the place with its hills and valley views. If you dream about authentic Tuscany’ experience, this is definitely the place to go.
A beautiful place to stay, relax and enjoy the italian way of life in the countryside. The host Alice is very nice and welcoming, the house is very cozy and the vineyards around the property are lovely to take a romantic walk through!
I have stayed only two nights in August and I wish I have booked more. Owner is great, very friendly and full of useful tips to make best of your stay. Her breakfast cakes are absolutely delicious. Also the surrounding is simply stunning.
If you plan to stay in the area it's a place to be.