The Venetian on Grace Bay
What We Love
- Enormous three-bedroom suites overlooking a quiet patch of Grace Bay Beach
- Great for families and groups, suites have fully equipped kitchens, laundry rooms and WiFi
- Spectacular sunset views from suites’ private furnished balconies
- READ MORE: Turks & Caicos vacation guide
What To Know
- Few dining options within walking distance, and taxis are expensive
- Not a full-service resort: no restaurant or bar (while they do have room service), and staff leave in the afternoon
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Classically beachy, the property takes design cues from Providenciales’ powder-soft sand, with all-white buildings, pale stone floors and white sun loungers set around a central outdoor pool. Nods to the Italian name are subtle: Terra-cotta tile roofs atop shaded walkways and balconies at the front and back of the suites.
Bed and Bath
Each of the enormous suites has three bedrooms (rooms are locked off if you book just one bedroom), a half bath, a laundry room, a state-of-the-art kitchen with Royal Doulton china and OXO appliances, an open-plan living area and a private balcony enclosed by mosquito netting. Dark wood kitchen cabinets and furniture contrast with the pale stone floors and pastel walls, and ikat or floral print cushions add a classy dash of color. The master bathrooms are apartment-size spaces in marble, with corner jet tubs, separate sinks and glass-enclosed showers.
Just beyond the hotel is Grace Bay Beach… and that’s really the point of staying here. There’s no restaurant (but the luxe kitchens can be stocked in advance, and the hotel does offer room service), and the staff clocks off at 5 p.m. (but you’re handed a cell phone on arrival), so the Venetian suits families and groups looking to play house in the Caribbean. Active types will get their fix in the small gym and on the two tennis courts, and there are free bikes for trips into town.
How to Get There
This is an amazing place to stay. Best Views of Grace Bay that go on and on! Sand is like powder, sun, water is turquoise and clear. Swimming pool a bit chilly but didn’t stop us from using it. Can’t wait for 2020 vacation!
The condo is spacious and beautiful. We did a majority of our cooking in the condo I and was impressed with all the supplies they had.
There is large screen enclosed porch, great for napping on the chaise and even able to eat on the porch.
They staff is accommodating and friendly. You even get a local phone that was helpful to set up local activities. The property and beach is beautifully maintained.
The section of the beach is quiet.
We have vacationed at the Venetian several times in the past and our last visit over Christmas was as perfect and memorable as each of our previous stays!
We are a family of 6 so the 3 bedroom condo units are perfect for us. I am freakish about cleanliness and I can report that after inspecting every corner of the condo unit for any trace of previous visitors - I came up empty handed - it was truly spotless! The condos are very spacious and well appointed, and the large screened-in balcony overlooking the ocean is divine. The beach is wide and pristine in front of the Venetian and we really appreciate being at the end of Grace Bay, away from all the crowds! We went snorkelling at the national park at the other end of Grace Bay, and were reminded how busy and narrow the beach can be at other hotels!
We made full use of the fabulous tennis courts every night before dinner as the sun went down, and the pristine pool is a lovely refuge away from the beach on a windy day. There are also bikes there that you can take out - but we didn't have a chance. Despite the property being fully booked, it never felt busy!
The staff at the Venetian are all so welcoming and accommodating, from the office staff to the housekeeping to the security! We booked two excursions through the front office. First, we went on a 4 hour boat excursion - snorkling, fishing and a stop at Iguana Island. Then they booked us out on an hour long sea-doo tour with Caribbean Cruisin'. Both were excellent and I would highly recommend!
While there is no restaurant or store on property, there are both restaurants and a small store located next door at Ocean Club. One of the restaurants at Ocean Club now even provides beach service to Venetian guests - so you can order from the comfort of your lounge chair! We always made breakfast and lunch in the condo (as all food is flown in to the island, so its very expensive) and ate dinner out somewhere different each night - there are so many fabulous restaurants on the Island and all within such close proximity to the Venetian, that it would be a shame to limit yourself to the same resort restaurant every night!
It's definitely not cheap, but we had a fantastic 6 night stay over Christmas and can't wait to return!!!
I don't really have anything to say but "Awesome" when it comes to describing the accommodations at The Venetian. The views from the balcony are amazing, the furniture on the balcony and in the unit are great, the beds are good, and the showers and kitchen are outstanding. The location is at the very end of the beach so it is very quite and there is never any issue with getting beach chairs. However, just remember, you are not going to have somebody coming around to bring you drinks and stuff like at a hotel. That is the trade off, but don't be too concerned because just a short walk down the beach there is a place to get lunch and drinks. It is not cheap, but it is a great value if you are willing to go with a true condo approach versus a hotel scenario. Here are a few helpful hints for those that do not rent a car.
1. Make sure and take advantage of having your condo stocked with groceries and the beverages of your choice before you arrive. This is a condo so there is no on premise food or beverage.
2. Find a taxi guy you like early on and stick with him. The taxi's on Turks are really expensive and not always on time or reliable. They only take cash (US dollars) so bring plenty of $$ as you will need it. There are no meters and they charge per person so make sure you get the price in advance. For example to take a family of 4 from the Venetian to Seven Restaurant will cost you $25. Seven is less than two miles. Another night we went all the way to Baci and it was $40.
3. The Venetian is about 1.6 miles from the grocery store and there is a very little convenience store within walking distance of the condos. They do have bikes so my daughter and I did make a bike run to the store with our backpacks once during our trip to get stuff we failed to buy in advance.
4. You will need to take a cab to do any shopping or activities as it felt a little far to bike with the whole family. Once again, be ready to pay some $$ for the taxi to take you around.
5. Just Chill -- That is the best part of this place. It is small, quiet, and just so relaxing.
6. We prefere a balcony versus a patio. However, if you do like the patio option the ground floor units have their own screened in section and outdoor patio rea as well. Very nice.
The reviews are consistent, and they are accurate. Our stay was flawless. Selfishly I'd almost rather not boast about how great it is to keep it a quiet gem.
We checked in to the kindest reception I've ever received, we were whisked up to our unit, shown all of the details, parking spot, etc in minutes, and we were enjoying a nice cold drink 10 minutes after we drove in the driveway.
If you read these reviews, choose to stay here, and then go online and complain about the lack of F&B service - you're foolish. It is clear there is no restaurant or bar on site. That is WHY we chose it and are thrilled with our choice.
Here are a couple things we did that made things even slicker:
1. Rent a car. This is not an option. You NEED a car. Contact Scooter Bob's.
2. Take advantage of the grocery service. It's the best $75 you will spend all week. Arriving to a loaded fridge is the best way to start.
3. From there, take your rental car to the IGA on the Leeward Highway. Skip the Graceway Gourmet. Better selection, not as crazy, and prices are what you'd expect on an island in the middle of the ocean.
The kitchen is EXTREMELY well stocked. The appliances are terrific. While we were there they unloaded a large quantity of floating mats and new bikes. There are beach toys for the kids provided.
The place was extremely quiet. Most of the time we were the only ones at the pool, and when at the beach, there were a few others, but not many. The tranquility was superb.
Daily cleaning service was terrific, if not over the top.
We felt extremely safe and secure our entire stay. There is very few sales guys on the beach hassling, and the ones that do are very friendly and respectful. If you want to order a drink, they will serve you right on the beach from the sister property (be aware of the price, but you are ordering a drink on the beach, so if you are shocked.... well, I have little sympathy for you).
I would have to work very hard to find things that we didn't like - in fact there is nothing we didn't like. It would be extremely picky to say that the BBQ's are pretty flimsy. For the top quality of the appliances, the BBQ's are pretty cheap. But they worked! When the power was out, we were unaffected because they were there! A pair of BBQ tongues would be helpful as well.
The fellow guests we interacted with were great. The staff is outstanding. We had absolutely no issue with Internet service, gate remotes, etc. It was wonderful.
We will absolutely be returning.