The Somerset on Grace Bay
What We Love
- Caicos Kids Club program, with customized activities including tie-dying and movie nights
- Free weekly manager’s cocktail party for guests in the breezeway of the Stirling building
What To Know
- No spa, but guests can use the one at neighboring Palms Resort or book in-suite treatments
- The fitness center is on the small side
- It’s about a 15-minute walk to shops and restaurants
- Some water sports may require a fee or training course
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Beach-chic. Opened in 2006, the 53-room hotel comprises eight buildings along world famous Grace Bay Beach. It’s the kind of resort made for languorous days, relaxing on the sandy shore or beside the 70-foot infinity pool with a tropical cocktail. Spacious rooms and a long list of kid-friendly activities make it clear why this is a favorite choice for family vacations on the beach.
Bed & Bath
Starting at 1,400 square feet, villas and suites feel more like apartments than hotel rooms thanks to the inclusion of full kitchens and private terraces. Groups should spring for the three-level, 2,700-square-foot Two-Bedroom Garden View Villa Suite, adjacent to the croquet and bocce lawn. In addition to a private patio or balcony and two and a half bathrooms, these suites also have washer/dryers and kitchens with Viking stainless steel appliances — especially useful for families, as dining out on the island can add up quickly. Opt to provision your kitchen before you check-in via the hotel’s pre-arrival concierge.
There are activity options to suit everyone here. Athletic types can try windsurfing or stand-up paddleboarding at the beach, while guests looking for R&R can pick from two pools to lounge by. And for the munchkins, there’s a kids club that organizes fun on-premises activities like shell collecting and treasure hunts. When hunger strikes, head to O’Soleil restaurant for an upscale continental dishes like seared Atlantic salmon or wild mushroom risotto, capped off with a cigar from their selection of Cuban and Dominican smokes.
In the Area
Take your plastic for a leisurely 15-minute stroll to the Regent Village and Saltmills shopping complexes, where you can check out a Jais jewelry outpost, art galleries and a surf shop. When you’re finished browsing head to Vino Tiempo Wine Bar, a fun, low-key spot where you’ll mingle with locals and visitors alike over a glass of pinot grigio. There’s plenty to do offshore, too. The world’s third-largest barrier reef sits a few hundred yards off the coast of Providenciales. Dive Provo is the premier scuba company on the island, with group diving excursions and instruction offered daily.
How to Get There
My husband and I planned our dream wedding at the Somerset with the help of their extremely attentive resort staff we have ever encountered on a vacation or at a wedding venue! The staff made us feel welcome from the first visit over Labor Day in 2018, when we were scouting and planning our venue layout, until our wedding at the resort Saturday, June 1, 2019. The staff was extremely courteous to our needs and even the needs of our wedding guests. Everything was beautifully decorated and the accommodations were perfect for our guests to share condominiums during our wedding weekend. The Somerset provides maid service every day and turn down service every night. The beach was beautiful, clean and the water is truly crystal clear turquoise, no filter necessary! All of our guests stayed in shareable multi-bedroom villas that overlook the ocean and pool. The villas are beautiful and when traveling with 40 plus guests with a full itinerary, coming back to neatly cleaned and presentable condominium was a special treat. The staff at the Somerset truly go above and beyond! See below for more detailed and bulleted details.
• Tanya Williams - Somerset Resort wedding coordinator *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* We remain close friends with Tanya to this day and she made my husband and I feel like family during the planning process and entire wedding weekend! The guests loved her, as we knew they would, and she was always available for anything I needed, including superglue for a random acrylic nail that continued to pop off. We cannot express how much her attentiveness to detail and what her friendship means to us. We are forever grateful to her and her staff for our fairy tale wedding!
• Somerset - residence, estate lawn ceremony, croquet lawn reception *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* One of the most beautiful properties we toured one year prior to our wedding. I knew the romantic arches, walkways and stunning flowers throughout the property would be the perfect place for a wedding. The manager Kevin Reeder and his wife were extremely attentive throughout the entire planning process as well! They made us feel like family and personally congratulated us at the reception.
• Nails Mani/pedi day of “Spa at the Somerset” Coralie *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Coralie provided a few nails technicians and massage therapists for the bridal party to have mini massages and mani/pedi touch ups the day of the wedding. Bridal party mini massages the day of the wedding while getting ready, 15 minute massages for bridesmaids and mothers.
• Surf n Turf Buffet each night - Chef Brad at the Somerset knows how to prepare dishes for large groups and exceed everyone’s expectations for food service. *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Everyone is still talking about the food preparations and the exceptional pairings that Chef Brad and his staff created.
• Ms Stubbs - Assisting with housekeeping, stocking of alcohol in rooms for guest welcome bags and events, and she is also a wonderful seamstress and aborted a veil crisis the day of the wedding!
• Ornandi - Assisted with the stocking of all the alcohol in rooms for all of the events and taking care of any needs that arised during the week for the guests! He also assisted in setting up our rooftop after party following the receptions with food and drink!
• Gilbert – Somerset has the best Front Desk staff and Gilbert is still one of our favorite employees at the Somerset. He also inflated our extra-large pool floats that the guests used for the pool-side party daily.
• Alecia – Somerset has the best concierge staff as well! Alecia helped Tanya with the preparation of the welcome bags that included inflating drink floats, hangover kit (ibuprofen, nuun electrolytes, and waters), an itinerary, sunglasses, and a Somerset beach bag for the guests to keep. She also assisted in guests arrivals with warm hand towels and refreshing champagne and rum punch upon guest arrival to the Somerset!
• Marlenys- She is one of the best housekeepers we engaged with on the property! She prepared every event on the estate with expert quality that we used for the wedding.
• NILA Destinations – Lynne Watts wedding planner *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Of note, I highly recommend NILA Destinations but I would inquire about your wedding planner and be sure they are just as attentive to detail as you are. I struggled with my planner due to my extremely detailed personality, however she did make it all happen with a few judgmental remarks throughout the planning process.
• EA flowers - floral arrangements, aisle decor & Arch *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* I have never seen flower arrangements and archways like this at a wedding prior to my own, I may be biased, however this is the floral company you absolutely must choose for your dream wedding! It was like being in a fairytale! I wanted large, extravagant arrangements and they provided more than I could have ever dreamed with my vision.
• Got U Covered – Rehearsal dinner White party Beach bbq bonfire, white sofas and ottomans, Ceremony aisle drapery and aisle tropical plants *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Got U Covered provides beautiful wedding furniture and drapery to help you successfully accomplish your dream wedding.
• DJ Dayoh - beach bbq DJ *FANTASTIC DJ AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND* I was fearful to choose DJ Dayoh for my ceremony and reception due to some bad reviews. However, I would highly recommend that you choose him for all of your wedding events. He is attentive to the guests, he knew how to pronounce our name as husband and wife, and was able to feel the wedding guests vibes and pick music appropriately!
• DJ William John - wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception DJ, lighting and globe lanterns. He provides everything in one package but again, refer to the review above for a DJ. Our names were not pronounced correctly and he did not wrap up the ceremony with a final dance or exit for the bride and groom.
• Thea - Makeup Artist *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Thea focuses on the natural beauty of the bride and bridal party. Her makeup artistry is one of the best on the island and I still reminisce on how beautifully she enhanced my beautiful wedding party’s features! She also provided a makeup trial, which I highly recommend.
• Brigette - Tangled Salon *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Brigette has an wonderful eye for updos and what fits with the bride and bridal party style. She is one of the best stylists on the island and I still reminisce on how beautifully she designed my beautiful wedding party’s updos! She also provided a hair trial, which I highly recommend.
• Brilliant photography - Anita; David for Trash the Dress There is no one else I would have preferred to shoot our wedding. They became close friends over the course of a weekend! *HIGHLY RECOMMEND*
• Spotlight Videography – André Without Andre, we would not have the most beautiful wedding videos to remember our big day! There is no one else on the island with videography talent like Ander and his talented team. *HIGHLY RECOMMEND*
• Coffee bags for welcome bag - TCI Coffee Roasters with Victoria and Katie *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* They made special labels for our wedding welcome bags and delivered freshly roasted coffee to the resort the same day as our arrival.
• The Wine Cellar – Champagne and Bambarra coconut rum for welcome bag
• Scratch TCI - Annie lemon raspberry wedding cake and chocolate grooms cake with black and white cookies. She also printed the receipt on the groom’s cake, which is how we met! *HIGHLY RECOMMEND*
• Palms - donuts wedding reception. Unfortunately we did not get the eat the beautifully designed donuts for the reception as our wedding planner did not tie the donut board to the tree it was leaning on. A gust of wind blew the table over before the guests could even try the donuts. Luckily Chef Brad at the Somerset made a quick replacement cake for us to “cut the cake.”
• Island vibes - day trip to Iguana Island, Rum Punch and lunch was served with conch ceviche after a day of snorkeling with the wedding guests. *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* The staff is so energetic and provides the best day trip for any guests looking for adventure.
• Beaches – Rehearsal sunset catamaran with a DJ and open bar! The best way to have a rehearsal dinner in my opinion. *HIGHLY RECOMMEND*
• Taxi service - best personality and attentiveness w Cameron Taxi service *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Cameron and his staffed individually picked up the bride and groom to and from the airport in his BMW! He also provided us with champagne! He also had a wonderful taxi service shuttle for the guests upon arrival and departure. My husband and I also utilized him for every event and dinner we attended on the island all week!
• Wedding signs - 24x36 welcome sign and 8x10 PVC prints Ava at Island Printing *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Ava can provide any wedding decorations or signage that you make from Etsy or on Adobe Photoshop and have them delivered to your venue for display! Very easy to communicate with over email during the planning process.
• Provo Golf Club - *HIGHLY RECOMMEND* Groom and groomsmen 18 hole round of golf morning of wedding. There ceremony was at 6 pm due the extended daylight in the summer and it allowed for a round of golf for the groom, groomsmen and the fathers prior to the ceremony.
My wife and I, 16yo daughter and her friend stayed in a 2-bedroom villa, 3rd floor, in The Stirling House for 8 nights and had a great time. Concierge Berry was stellar in every sense of the word. Berry hooked up our villa with groceries prior to arriving, set-up SUV transportation to and from the airport and planned numerous activities in additon to many restaurant reservations. Thanks Berry!!! Beach crew of Chippy, Loxley and Quensley were superb - very helpful and sociable. Colin at the pool was super friendly and very knowledgable about TCI. Winston the Bellman provides superior service and has a very positive attitude. He's also DJ Snoopi at the Tuesday Night Beach Barbecue which should not be missed - go Snoop! Brenda our Housekepper for the week was great. Manager's cocktail reception with the GM Kevin Reeder is a nice touch every Monday night from 6-7pm with open bar, live music and tapas. The buffet breakfast in the Pavillion was just OK with a very limited variety. This is however changing as management has brought on two food and beverage consultants to make improvmements and I'm confident the Somerset will benefit from their expertise. I've been to the TCI's four times now and I have to say The Somerset exceeded my expectations in every way. I've stayed at The Palms next door and The Somerset definitely brings it in terms of their service offering. With some slight tweaks to the breakfast menu and improving the chef at the LunaSea Bar & Grill things will only get better. All around a great experience at The Somerset and we look forward to returning soon! Message to GM Reeder and The Somerset Board - you have a phenomenal staff!
My family and I enjoyed 2 amazing weeks at The Somerset. This was our 4th time there and the service was and continues to be beyond our expectations. Loxley, Chippy, Quensly and Bernard were always there to help us out on the beach. They provided amazing assistance to my elderly mother and her friend by always giving them a hand to get to their beach chairs and back. My husband who is disabled and required a beach wheelchair did not miss out on the beautiful ocean because these guys where there to provide him with the much needed support he required. Loxley and Chippy were always there to assist him with getting into the water and to enjoy the ocean. I can’t begin express my gratitude to them. They are always in my heart. Stevonya who took care of my reservations also went above and beyond to make sure our family especially my husband would have all the necessary medical/assistive devices that he required for our stay. The maintenance guy Giovanni built a ramp so my husband could get in and out of the shower. I have travelled to other vacation destinations and The Somerset has become my go to place. With all the assistance that my husband requires, I would not even consider another resort as The Somerset goes above and beyond. Lastly, the morning crew at the Pavilion were also amazing. Sara and Anika always provided service with a smile. This place is truly a gem. All the staff who work the front are outstanding. Traveling can be challenging for our family due to my husbands illness however, this place especially Loxley, Chippy and Stevonya made our vacation the most memorable one yet. We look forward to seeing you all again in the near future. Thank you for providing us with outstanding service. I am forever grateful.