The Atrium Resort
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Atrium Resort in Providenciales (Grace Bay), you’ll be convenient to Coral Gardens Reef and Grace Bay Beach. This spa condominium resort is within close proximity of Salt Mills Plaza and The Regent Village Shopping Mall.
Make yourself at home in one of the 74 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring microwaves and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional features at this Art Deco condominium resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and a television in a common area.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite from a grocery/convenience store serving guests of The Atrium Resort.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include multilingual staff, laundry facilities, and an elevator (lift). Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We stayed at The Atrium the last night of our one week vacation because the villa we rented was unavailable and The Atrium was near by and one of a few affordable place renting for one night only. We arrived early since we had to vacate the villa by 11:00 and when we asked if it was possible to check-in, the agent at the front desk that seemed to be a security agent just showed us the sign stating that check-in was at 16:00. He then radioed another person more in charge of the nightly rental (most of the condos on the complex are occupied by permanent residents) that wasn't forthcoming with help either. We asked to leave our luggage, he said to leave them beside the sofa. We asked for beach towels and it was like something totally unusual... Upon our return, our luggage were still in the lobby (not delivered to the room) and we were given vague directions to our unit although it would have been easy to walk us there. When we opened the door it was like walking into a refrigerator, the noisy a/c was set at 16C! And I guess the staff is unaware that working in the hospitality industry requires to smile and make clients feel welcomed. Thankfully the studio was very nice and clean, it looked new but we would not have spent a week there, it was too small with a view of the parking from the only one window. Being on the ground floor though we were close to the beautiful pool and surrounding area and even if it is a fairly big complex it didn't feel like it. I would therefore recommend this place only if you rent a larger unit (we saw a 2 bedrooms unit, it was magnificent) and you don't need assistance from the staff.
First off let me start this review by stating that The Atrium is no longer a resort, it is a condominium. People actually live their with their families; however, they have condos that are rented out to vacationers. There use to be a pool bar which is now an empty space with bar stools at the pool. I was told it was removed due to the residents complaining it was too loud. There is also a club on the premises call Blue Note which is no longer opened. The pool was cold which I didn't mind, however I learned after my saty it was a heated pool, well it wasn't during my stay. After a long day out I wanted to have a soak, the hot tub was lukewarm. I turned on the timer to see if that would heat up the water, it started the jets however the temperature did not change. If you are looking for a traditional hotel with room service and certain amenities this is not the place for you.
Do not get me wrong the grounds and apartments are very beautiful, however, I was looking for an actual resort experience. I went to the front desk for extra towels I was told "we do not provide extra towels, you have to wash and clean the ones in your condo. that's is why there is a washer and dryer in each condo".
The staff is friendly but aside from one young man at the front desk they were not helpful with certain things. I asked for directions one night the security guard could not help me. I went to the front office to use the computer. The computer would not connect to the internet for watever reason. I tired troubleshooting it on my own when it didn't work i asked the man at the front desk could he help me. He said I do not know about that computer I will have to look for the manager. I never seen the manager so that was a lost cause.
You definitely need a car, only thing walking distance is the beach. Taxi services charge $15 and up per person so it adds up fast. My condo was extremely clean and came with everything from pots,pans, utilities, plates and even some seasonings, oil, honey everything you would need to cook breakfast to dinner. I cook curry chicken one night and baked ziti another. All things I didn't expect to do on vacation but due to circumstances(no restaurants near by) I did, however it was appreciated they had everything i needed to prepare a meal.
If you are looking for a quiet place to relax and just lounge at the pool with your family or signficant other this is the place for you. You will not be bothered by anyone. You can cook and clean as if it was your own place.
On the other hand if you are looking for services of a traditional hotel like maid services and activities such as a pool bar this is not the place for you.
The Atrium is a nice condo complex on the NE end of Grace Bay. This year we rented a 3 bedroom 3 bath unit on the third floor (Unit 3A). The units are nice but nothing fancy. There are several issues that make the stay less than perfect. I will admit some are overly picky but combining them all together made for a less than stellar stay.
1) 3 bathrooms but extremely limited hot water. If I am renting a unit with 3 bathrooms (and clothes washer) that means there are a minimum of 4 of us. One shower and there was ZERO hot water. The master suite had a large soaker tub that you could (at best) get a quarter full before running out of warm water. Seems like a small thing but after a day at the beach and swimming in the cold ocean a COLD bath or shower was not on my list of activities. Also, the master did NOT have a shower. It had a handheld wand but it sprayed water everywhere and soaked the floor because it would not stay in the tub when on.
2) The Atrium claims to have a heated pool. We have stayed there two years in a row and neither time was the pool heated. The pool was colder than the ocean, so BRRR. If it doesn't work stop advertising that it is heated.
3) Someone else mentioned a rental car is required. Yes, most definitely. Nothing but the beach is in walking distance. (Wasn't a complaint or problem for us, but you should definitely be aware.) NOTE: Parking was never an issue for us anytime went out (except the Thursday night Fish Fry and that is a "just deal with it" situation). I would be at the beach with the car before 9 am, so plenty of parking then. Late risers will face a different situation.
4) Too much furniture jammed into the living/dining space. There was a table designed for 4, a 3 person couch and an eating bar. Again, not a deal breaker, but climbing over the edge of the couch or hitting the bar every time a chair was moved was annoying.
5) Beds: Every bed had a wooden ledge around them that sticks out 10" past the mattress at mid-shin height. I have no idea who designed them -- it might have been a doctor from the local ER and they were drumming up business. ;-)
6) As mentioned: There is nothing close, so we cooked two meals in and ate one out. I would anticipate this is pretty standard for occupants of The Atrium. The cooking utensils, pans, etc were very sparse. Not even a pot big enough to cook spaghetti for 4.
7) The Atrium delivers loungers to the beach at ~10 am every day. Not sure why 10 am since there were normally quite a few of us already there. We tried to request earlier delivery last year but you could not request anything earlier. Last year they had a sign at the beach with a phone number to call but was gone this year.
1) Grace Bay beach is very nice and pretty sparsely populated most of the time. Very fine sand as well and it is a 5-10 minute walk from The Atrium.
2) Large pool
3) Clean complex
4) Friendly staff
5) Few people there during our stays, which was great for us.
The Atrium has a nice, quiet vibe perfect for families. Our condo was clean and comfortable, with the pool and hot tub being steps away for extra relaxation. The beach is a short drive with breathtaking views. We would definitely stay again!
Rental vehicle required. Stayed 2 weeks & at end of 1st week, asked about getting bedding/towel change & were told "nothing is done until you check out...but I will check with housekeeping & advise".. Never heard anything back & nothing was done -- have never stayed anywhere where there wasn't a midway cleaning done - Yes, you have cooking facilities but cooking utensils( (pots & pans) are limited & no BBQ on-site. Left to your own demise basically - never saw or dealt with staff otherwise. Their beach had 1 shade tree and we were told it was too windy so they would not set up loungers or umbrellas -- always windy while we were there. Nice enough unit but definitely not worth the cost!