Ocean Club West
What We Love
- Prime location, 60 feet from Grace Bay Beach
- Spacious rooms (from 400 to 1,600 square feet) and attentive service
- The resort’s atmosphere is suitable for couples and families
- Staff can arrange lots of activities (snorkeling, golf, catamaran sails and more)
- Large, screened-in balconies mean you can open your windows to the ocean breezes
- WiFi is free
- READ MORE: Turks & Caicos vacation guide
What To Know
- Book the three-night stay for a deeper discount
- The property is closed from Aug. 29 to Sep. 22
- The most recent renovation was completed in 2010; the property closes annually in the fall for a three-week maintenance period
- None of the guestrooms connect
- The beach is public but can only be accessed through the property
- Small fitness room
- The on-site Seaside Café serves casual fare
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Ocean Club West in Providenciales (Grace Bay), you’ll be convenient to The Regent Village Shopping Mall and Grace Bay Beach. This beach apartment is within close proximity of Salt Mills Plaza and The Hole.
Make yourself at home in one of the 86 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with refrigerators and microwaves. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Conveniences include safes and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find outdoor tennis courts, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Ocean Club West. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, laundry facilities, and a library. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We would not consider staying anywhere else while in Turks and Caicos. It is right on the beach and Grace Bay is easily one of the best beaches in the world. The staff are terrific They are firendly and caring. In addition, the services they provide are by people with the same attitude. As an example, I left my credit card at the front desk when checking out. George, our usual driver, received a call from the hotel on the way to the airport and was advised that the desk had the credit card. He dropped us off at the airport and volunteered to return for our credit card. He returned with the credit card 40 minutes later (in time for our flight). When I inquired about payment, he refused additional compensation. This is typical of our experience at Ocean Club West.
OCW is just a terrific place to soak in everything wonderful about Caicos! All the units are privately owned but the property has the resort feel and elements. My wife and I have been there four times now. We can always count on OCW to be a true pleasure. The beach front is typically epic for Caicos with talcum powder perfection. The on-site restaurant is very good, if not just a bit pricey. Each unit has a full kitchen and now there is a large grocery store walking distance. We love to just stock up for the week and you're self-sufficient for the entire stay. The pool is beautiful and great for families. They also have several pergola-covered outdoor grills. We were able to grill up some surf and turf one night which was a blast. The staff at OCW is very friendly and the grounds are beautifully maintained. They have free bike rentals which is perfect for exploring all the shops, bars and restaurants nearby. OCW is also right across the street from our favorite dive shop "Dive Provo". Check them out at diveprovo.com We love OCW and we'll be back next year.
We spent 9 days at the Ocean club west. The place is fantastically located on the wonderful Grace bay. Our house is fantastic, double bedroom and 2,5bathrooms, large living room/fully equipped kitchen.
The beach is amazing, towels are always available (even if sometimes they have strange spots but I asked for new ones). Decent restaurant, expensive as all the rest, but hey, you are in one of the most beautiful places in the world!
The grocery shop is 5 minutes by bike (complimentary bikes available for the clients) and the price are a little higher than in Manhattan, so I would not bother to take food with me next time (this time I brought with me coffee and olive oil).
They also offer good “L’occitane” products for bathroom, so no need to bring soap/shampoo/hair conditioner with you.
Hairdryer available in every bathroom.
1) the air conditioning is very noisy, when it starts it is like a laundry spin, very bad especially during the night
2) laundry and dryer are old and noisy; but you may not want to use them during your holidays, so that is not a big problem
3) they do not differentiate the waste and I find it very unpleasant. I am really attentive to our planet and the difference we can make and the fact that they do not ask to differentiate at least the plastic is unsustainable to me.
I would definitely come back, asking for a house with silent air conditioning system, if any.