The St. Regis Istanbul
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
The St. Regis Istanbul is in the heart of Istanbul, walking distance from Istanbul Congress Center and Istanbul Military Museum. This 5-star hotel is close to Topkapi Palace and Suleymaniye Mosque.
Make yourself at home in one of the 118 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while 46-inch LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 3 indoor swimming pools, a sauna, and a fitness center. This Art Deco hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Meet other guests and eat at a complimentary reception. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. This hotel has 7 meeting rooms available for events. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
And that was breakfast this morning. 0645: only one waiter there (a whole group, plus the supervisor, came in at 0700). He only had three customers but preferred to spend his time adjusting the coffee machine rather than greet and attend to the (very few) people arriving. Looked bored and somewhat uninterested. Took the coffee and juice order but then, instead of preparing the coffee and pouring the juice, went to the cash register and counted the money. WHY, WHY, WHY? Perhaps things would have been better if the supervisor had been present, but even the basic training should teach staff to be attentive to customers. A real let down, because the hotel is indeed otherwise excellent.
Efficient and well organised hotel. Good meeting room facilities. Staff are very attentive. Love the atmosphere at the bar— a nice place to relax after a long day in meetings. It is also suitable to entertain guests here.
For our second visit to Istanbul we stayed here after having stayed at FS Bosphorus last time.
deluxe room was large with a good view of the park and distant view of Bosphorus.
butler service for tea and coffee was very efficient.Only negative was the street noise on some nights.
we had a lovely meal at Spago and a drink at the bar.
breakfast was average.
centrally located ,short taxi drive to Taksim and zorlu mall
walking distance to shops and restaurants...long walk to dolmabache palace
check in and check out quick, concierge lady was very helpful in making bookings and suggesting tours.
we had a hammam massage and it was really good,swedish massage was ok.
gym was just about ok..they should add little equipment.
Personally I feel for the first trip to Istanbul FS Bosphorus makes more sense
second time around we were happy staying here,
Hotel room was well priced and I would recommend it
Great hotel in a very beautiful neighborhood
Good food, great service, excellent drinks at the most
View bar hotel in Istanbul, spago restaurant is “a must visit
Restaurant” ( make reservation ahead)
Definitely will come back
This is a bit challenging to review as a number of things that impacted my impression may or may not be viewed differently by others (also one of the times that I wish there was an option for a 3.5 on TripAdvisor).
Firstly, the St. Regis bills itself as a luxury property and touts their impeccable service levels. Having stayed at other St. Regis as well as other numerous 5 star properties around the world, they come close but there are little annoyances and service inconsistencies that show they still have some work to do. Had this been any other property (one that does not bill itself as the top), I would have been very pleased but overall it was just an "ok" stay for me.
- Bed. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and pillows were excellent.
- Gym. Although a bit small, the equipment was in great condition and had lots of machines, TRX, and Pilates as well
- Bathroom and amenities. Spacious and good water pressure
The not so good (maybe for others)
- Location. Nearly all of my business was in Taksim which is not as close as other properties such as the Grand Hyatt or Intercontinental. I still walked it though but it was not ideal. If you want to be in Nisantasi though, it is perfect
- Pool. There are 3 (very) small pools with the Spa. They are meant for relaxation and are not suitable at all for swimming laps or exercise. This is my fault for not researching more.
- Spa. The haman I had was excellent but the massage was so-so. The environment is typical of fine hotel spas and priced accordingly so
- Breakfast. Like many others, I was not very impressed with the breakfast especially as I had to pay for it now that the Marriott/SPG merger means my Gold status does not include it. Quality was ok but not many choices
- Decor. The hotel is new but trying for a retro Art Deco look that did not really appeal to me but YMMV
- Inconsistent service. Some of the staff were great but I had mixed experiences. These were mainly little things like asking for recommendations for a morning run (which other spoke glowingly of the concierge pulling out maps and suggested routes). My inquiry was met with a response of "just go run in the park". No one was unfriendly but they did not seem to go out of their way to make you feel special. Another instance was the complimentary pressing they offer. I had a suit jacket which I needed the next morning for meetings and they assured me it would be delivered by 8am. I did not get it until later in the afternoon which defeated the purpose.
- Window shades and shutters. I had some issues with these not working 100% which made it quite frustrating (and loud in the morning as well with everyone trying to figure out the shutters).
- Laundry. This is my own fault but since the hotel displays everything in Lira, I got a very rude shock when I saw the laundry I had done was in Euros. I was coming from meetings overseas and long day of travel and had to get some done before my next days of meetings in Taksim and overlooked it. Again my fault, but the staff was not helpful at all when I asked them about it and simply said sorry but there was nothing to be done. At those prices, I would have been better off buying all new clothes.
It is by no means a "bad" hotel and there are bright spots, but I will almost certainly be looking at other options on my next visit to this great city.