The Elysium Istanbul Mgallery by Sofitel
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Elysium Istanbul Mgallery by Sofitel in Istanbul (Harbiye), you’ll be minutes from Dot and close to Suleymaniye Mosque. This hotel is close to Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazaar.
Make yourself at home in one of the 186 air-conditioned rooms featuring DVD players and flat-screen televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have showers and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a hair salon.
Food & Drink
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dining is also available at a coffee shop/café, and 24-hour room service is provided. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Verry nice hotel in istanbul evrything was perfect the suite was
nice and clean. great location friendly and polite staff special miss DOUNIA she is very helpful all the time and miss ilayda thanks :)
I have enjoyed my time at the Elysium. The staff is professional and understanding. It’s also easy to communicate with them in english. The rooms are very modern and clean. Also taksim square is a 2-3 min walk.
the hotel is next to a busy main road and a building site - which does not operating at night. Double glazing blocks most of that out. The hotel has a main plush grand building and smaller less salubrious building opposite - I stayed in this one. The restaurant, spa etc is in main building. Local shops are within two minutes walk. Able to pick up soft drinks, crisps, bread, cheese etc for cheap prices. Hotel is down a steep path - very difficult for disabled access. Path is not maintained properly.
most very friendly with limited English spoken. Obviously, that’s my bad for not learning Turkish, though. They were immaculately turned out.
- TV: only a handful of dedicated English language TV channels out of over 100. BBC World News Channel, BBC Earth (docs), Animal Planet and a few international news channels. Some of the movie channels might have a Hollywood film (not dubbed) but not all the time.
- WiFi: Internet speed (free version) is up to 5mbps but rarely gets above 2. To be honest it’s hopeless. It stopped working frequently and when it comes back it was super slow. Totally unreliable.
- Clothes press: none available. No iron or trouser press. A paid-for dry cleaning service is available.
- Phone: Crackly at times. Clearly faulty.
- Electrical outlets: plentiful but no USB sockets - you would have thought these would be becoming standard now.
- Aircon: fully adjustable control panel. Not too noisy. Cools down the room very quickly.
- Shower/WC: spacious, clean, well lit. Nice range of complimentary soaps etc. Three towels provided. No bath gown. Not a big issue but would have been nice to put that on after a shower. Toilet paper is cheap 2 ply quite rough paper. Not what I’d expect from a 5 star hotel.
- Refreshments: Nescafé and tea bags, No milk available for your tea/coffee. They have some coffeemate stuff instead (yuck). No sweetener just sugar. Two plastic bottles of water provided on arrival, which are replenished if you have cleaners in each day. Mini bar quite expensive (I expected this, though). Can of Coke (330ml) is equivalent of £2.57. Small packet of mixed nuts (40g) £4.63. Jack Daniels (50ml) £7.07. Warning: All 4 cans of soda in mini fridge were at least a month past their best before date. Orange juice was three months past. Nuts were 2 weeks past best before. Check dates before consuming. Tea spoons are plastic, not even stainless steel. Not very green.
- Decor: a little tired in places. Missing varnish, scratches, some dust. Floor is not carpeted. When I had a shower it was clear that my feet had picked up considerable dirt in room.
good range but quite expensive. Don’t forget to tip him/her.
Overall, it an okay hotel. Not super special but okay. Would be seen as 3 or 4 star in the UK if a bit more attention to detail was given.
I travel from London and stayed 3 nights for my hair transplant op from the12 May Really enjoed my stay. My room was spacious, clean, well furnished and with a top class shower. Very quite and peaceful. Yes, the hotel is built on a steep slope but that's probably why it is quite though only 200 yards near Taksim Square and it add to its character. I read some review complaining about the breakfast which I think is toitally unfair. This is Istanbul and it is always wise to eat their food. In fact I was having their amazing selections olives, cheese and their beautiful bread. The fresh yoghurt was also impressive. There is a wide selection of food, from the cereal variety to the fruit and cheese but do not expect to have top quality croisssant as in Paris or egg and bacon as in London.
Stuff are helpful, polite, welcoming and smiling.
For the money I paid it was well worth it and would certainly recommend a stay. However i do not agree on its 5 star classification and would point out to the management that the sheet on by bed were a bit thin and had a hole in it. It was most probably old, worn and had been washed too many times. I have no doubt you guys will take the necessary action to improve your quality.
Thank you for your hospitality and hopefully i shall be back again.
We were woken up very early in the morning, due to being placed in a room that was next to a massive building site (Room 2106). We complained to reception staff, who kindly moved as to the third floor (Room 2305). Thankfully, no building works could be heard.
During the day we realised we had left special chocolate (brought as a gift for someone) in the fridge in the previous room. We spoke to reception when we got back that night and they said they would retrieve it. However, we were informed that when they checked, no chocolate could be found. The staff at reception seemed uninterested and defensive about it and offered no explanation, other than insinuate and challenge that we never had chocolate in there in the first place, which we found very insulting. Why would we make it up?
However you want to look at it, the chocolate was stolen by staff. We know that staff had been in that day, as we had also inadvertently left a shirt in the old room and that had been moved to our new room.
Then, in the very early hours of the 14/05/2019 we woke up to two men trying to get in to our room. They were trying to use a keycard and the alarm kept beeping as it wasn’t their room. When that didn’t work, they started to knock on the door and call out. They were also laughing. We didn’t answer the door, as it was very frightening, especially as two women and being early hours. After a while they moved along and did the same thing to another room as we could still hear them. After reporting it, we had no further communication with the reception staff on this matter, which was very disappointing. Security was clearly lacking and again the attitude of staff was unprofessional and indifferent. Not behaviour you would associate with a supposedly reputable establishment.
We also found out on the 14/05/2019, that the swimming pool was out of use. One of the main reasons we booked this hotel was for the pool and spa facilities. We were not impressed and when we spoke to staff about this their response was that they provided us with a note at check in. I would like to clarify they did not. Irrespective of that, we booked back in February 2019, why wasn’t this information made available back then?
On the same day we also had an issue with the bathroom sink in that it was blocked. In addition to this the toilet wouldn’t stop flushing. We reported it and they sent a repair man. We were then told how to unblock the sink if it happened again, as it was broken. We had to search under the sink for a lever! I do not expect to be a 'handyman' whilst I'm on holiday.
Later that day my friend went to reception to ask for a list of prices for the mini bar. She was informed there was a list in the room. Again, there wasn’t which is why she was asking for it. They sent a member of staff to the room a little later and he gave her the list but then came into the room to show her where the list was already in the room. He started looking around and lifting things up and then concluded it wasn’t in there and then shrugged it off. It was as if they didn’t believe or trust what we were saying.
On the 15/05/2019 we had further issues with the toilet constantly flushing. We reported it and was told they’d send someone straight away. However by the afternoon we had to call again and request someone to look at it as nobody had come.
We wrote to management outlining our concerns and disappointments. Their response was quite infuriating as they pretty much denied everything. Their website makes a very bold statement that a 'best stay guaranteed', clearly it isn't. This place is very much style over substance and has a long way to go before it meets western standards of 5 stars.